cangemi

They should wait a day to wrestle finals

Crazy,

Have a guy wrestle 3 full matches then come to wrestle three more. Let them break and have the finals the next day to have our best representative. Just seems so skewed to the guy waiting.

Give them the bye to finals, wrestle finals next day! Just my opinion. Dake was dead in the last match, too big a advantage

to overcome on a world champ! Needs to be fair play! 

Frank C

Crazy,

Have a guy wrestle 3 full matches then come to wrestle three more. Let them break and have the finals the next day to have our best representative. Just seems so skewed to the guy waiting.

Give them the bye to finals, wrestle finals next day! Just my opinion. Dake was dead in the last match, too big a advantage

Frank C

It was fair when Dake wrestled at the Open.  He had his chance to earn the advantage himself.  I'm sure he would have taken it had he won. 

Don't they have to wrestle like six matches in a day at worlds? If you can't do that you shouldn't be on the team. I, like many other wrestlers, got better as the day went on. You may say the other guy had multiple matches too, but I can tell you I always felt better and never felt tired in my last matches. You can rehydrate and refuel between matches, so fatigue is not an issue if you do it right. what about Zain and Gilman?

Don't they have to wrestle like six matches in a day at worlds? If you can't do that you shouldn't be on the team. I, like many other wrestlers, got better as the day went on. You may say the other guy had multiple matches too, but I can tell you I always felt better and never felt tired in my last matches. You can rehydrate and refuel between matches, so fatigue is not an issue if you do it right. what about Zain and Gilman?

Two things here.  First of all, you weren't going against the top wrestlers in the nation or the world.  And second, this may be the way they do it at worlds and the Olympics, but all of the guys are wrestling.  They don't have 1 guy sitting out until the finals.  I understand giving the #1 guy a break, but not having to wrestle through the bracket is break enough.  Get the 2 top guys both wrestling fresh if you want to find the true #1.

Edited by KCMO2

if they wrestled the next day then the whiners would have to come up with an entirely new excuse... that would be equally exhausting

dake whined about the mini tourney... guess what? he always lost after it...

gilman said he has been training for the best in the world and went and handled his business...

might be something too that mentality, huh?

LJB 

I could care less who won. Like to walk away saying he is better. ALL THINGS EQUAL HE IS BETTER.

Not wondering if he was not disadvantaged would he have won! ITS JUST STUPID! 

TWO TEAMS  PLAY A FOOTBALL GAME AND AT END YOU GET TO PLAY THE PATRIOTS FOR SUPERBOWL?

HOW FREAKING STUPID!

Edited by cangemi

Crazy,

Frank C

It is absurd and indefensible. But its Chinatown. 

the better wrestler wins... they have 3 matches too prove who it is... if no one ever won the spot after coming through the tourney then i might be able to persuaded it is the huge disadvantage that some whiners claim...

as it is, that is just not the case...

sour grapes...

JB won because he deserved to win... 

Cox won because he deserved to win...

Zain won because he deserved to win...

Gilman won because he deserved to win...

wash rinse and repeat...

JB won because of an unfair system, favoritism and overwhelming bias. That is why I was able to call his Rio implosion. Funny things happen when you are no longer a protected athlete. 

It is laughable to say this system is remotely fair. It is not sour grapes, just reality. 

the better wrestler wins... they have 3 matches too prove who it is... if no one ever won the spot after coming through the tourney then i might be able to persuaded it is the huge disadvantage that some whiners claim...

as it is, that is just not the case...

Sorry, but you are imposing a physical disadvantage on the challenger, and in Dake and Taylor's case against much more formidable competition. Both Dake and Taylor wound gassing in the third match. 

Edited by straggler

what happened to physical disadvantage in gilman v ramos?

zain v molinaro?

can you honestly say that you have seen 3 straight matches more physical than zain v molinaro?

why didn't this patently unfair and despicable system show it's face in their matches?

why didn't dake beat JB at vegas?

could it all really be that the better wrestler at the time wins and that is it?

i know that is hard to accept for those just begging for excuses, but, it sure seems to play out like that more often than not...

could it all really be that the better wrestler at the time wins and that is it?

i know that is hard to accept for those just begging for excuses, but, it sure seems to play out like that more often than not...

I'm happy that both JB and Cox won, that's who I was rooting for.  But you have to be blind if you think that wrestling 3-4 matches against the best the US has to offer doesn't take a toll on you.

i think wrestling against the absolute best the US has to offer is where the real toll is... they are typically waiting in the finals...

again, there are too many examples of the best guy coming through the mini tournament and still beating who is sitting for me to ever complain that this system is patently unfair and biased... i'll leave that too the whiners and fan boi's...

what happened to physical disadvantage in gilman v ramos?

zain v molinaro?

can you honestly say that you have seen 3 straight matches more physical than zain v molinaro?

why didn't this patently unfair and despicable system show it's face in their matches?

why didn't dake beat JB at vegas?

Glad to see it happened but even you have to admit how rare it is. And that is not a returning medalists/former medalists. JB is a much tougher nut to crack than Molinaro, and he is much more protected.

Look JB is a protected athlete who gets every 50/50 and 40/60 call in the US. Even JB supporters on here admitted after Vegas that Dake would have to beat him decisvively or JB would get the calls. Hands to the face. Passivity. Who gets the points on a throw? Does JB get the calls in the second match if he wasn't named JB. Nope.

It is laughable to pretend that a physical disadvantage does not exist in addition to very clear favoritism. The favoritism is what it is, but the physical disadvantage is indefensible.  

i think wrestling against the absolute best the US has to offer is where the real toll is... they are typically waiting in the finals...

again, there are too many examples of the best guy coming through the mini tournament and still beating who is sitting for me to ever complain that this system is patently unfair and biased... i'll leave that too the whiners and fan boi's..

Sorry but the idea that because one or two guys won out of the challenge tournament against much less stiff competition, therefore there is nothing to complain about is a fallacy and you know it. It is imposing a completely needless physical disadvantage and also coddling the incumbent.

Look JB is a protected athlete who gets every 50/50 and 40/60 call in the US. Even JB supporters on here admitted after Vegas that Dake would have to beat him decisvively or JB would get the calls. Hands to the face. Passivity. Who gets the points on a throw? Does JB get the calls in the second match if he wasn't named JB. Nope.

I would be more sympathetic if Dake didn't seem to whine so much during the match.  And when he dropped down and covered his face like he'd been shot?!?  C'mon, it's a contact spot.  It may or may not have been a cheap shot, but I bet he  gets hit harder than that every day in the room.

so, molinaro who wrestled for a medal in rio is such less competition in his weight as compared to JB who did not wrestle for a medal in rio?

come on...

you get what you earn, right?

some of you guys could take a lesson

I would be more sympathetic if Dake didn't seem to whine so much during the match.  And when he dropped down and covered his face like he'd been shot?!?  C'mon, it's a contact spot.  It may or may not have been a cheap shot, but I bet he  gets hit harder than that every day in the room.

I agree. Next time Dake should just punch Burroughs in the face then kick him when he is down. Contact sport. JB is dirty. Always has been.  

Edited by straggler

to be fair, that was a punch... no other way to describe it... JB whined as much as dake in that last match... he just also wrestled well enough to win the match while also whining about it...

so, molinaro who wrestled for a medal in rio is such less competition in his weight as compared to JB who did not wrestle for a medal in rio?

come on...

you get what you earn, right?

some of you guys could take a lesson

YOU GET WHAT YOU EARN, RIGHT? ---- I WANT TO SEE THEM EARN IT -NOT GIVEN TO THEM! CORRECT! ALL THINGS EQUAL MIDDLE OF THE MAT "WRESTLE"