Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Fish

Flo Had an Exceptional Tournament

Pretty sad when people are heaping praise on a company for delivering a product as it is expected to be delivered. Talk about setting the bar low.

That's how it works.

Praise for when you deliver what you're supposed to.

Criticism when you dont.

Unless you're a perpetually negative person and only want to criticise all the time amd never praise.

Actually, I don't think that it is how it works. I doubt there were too many people logging on to message boards last night to praise ESPN for being able to broadcast the NCAA baseball super regionals or track championships, without them crashing. I doubt anyone was logging on to message boards last night to praise Netflix for providing a product without insane load and buffering times.

Actually, I don't think that it is how it works. I doubt there were too many people logging on to message boards last night to praise ESPN for being able to broadcast the NCAA baseball super regionals or track championships, without them crashing. I doubt anyone was logging on to message boards last night to praise Netflix for providing a product without insane load and buffering times.

It does when your a small startup type company.

Pretty weak argument to compare Flo with media giants like ESPN or Netflix.

If you don't want to support Flo then don't. You act like they're intentionally trying to stream video at a low level.

If you don't want to support Flo then don't. You act like they're intentionally trying to stream video at a low level.

The level of vitriol is not only caused by their past failures but how they handled things when failures occurred.  I can accept that start-ups struggle mightily (most end up failing), but that is not an excuse for lack of professionalism when things go awry.

But the most important thing is for the streams to work.  And they did this weekend. 

Pretty sad when people are heaping praise on a company for delivering a product as it is expected to be delivered. Talk about setting the bar low.

I think it's more sad that OP said having 4 crashes is a success...

If Flo is supposed to be providing a comparable service, it most certainly is not a weak comparison. Compare ESPN's streaming coverage of the NCAA's vs. Flo's coverage of events or to Big 10 Plus at $79 a year.  Flo Sports is a multi-million dollar company that charges $150 a year (more than Netflix). If I go to a mom and pop restaurant, order a hamburger and it turns out to be crappy, I don't keep coming back and excuse the poor meal to the fact that they are not a chain like Applebees.

In regards to not intentionally trying to stream at a low level, intent doesn't really matter. Flo has suffered the same issues for years without resolution. So whether or not their poor streams are intentional or not, they are certainly negligent in amending the situation and over a period of time that does come across as intentional. What is undeniably intentional, is the disregard they have had toward their paying customers.

For whatever reason, our sport's sanctioning body has decided the best avenue to promote our sport's premier events is behind the aforementioned subscription service. That in and of itself, limits the event to an existing fan base and does nothing to grow the sport. When that service is sub-par, it  whittles away at the fan base, as people such as myself are no longer willing to pay for a subscription service that doesn't work.

Youre right, we shouldnt say good job when they do a good job.

We should say nothing. We should only ever say bad things.

You really are a class act.

Flo is a small company trying to get off the ground with limited resources comapred to ESPN and is foucused solely on wrestling. If you want to keep waiting for ESPN to cover and give a damn about wrestling be my guest.

And not subscribing to them is absolutely the right thing to do if that's your decision. But once you stop subscribing to them, your opinion of events that they cover thst you don't watch are now irelevent

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Youre right, we shouldnt say good job when they do a good job.

We should say nothing. We should only ever say bad things.

You really are a class act.

Flo is a small company trying to get off the ground with limited resources comapred to ESPN and is fosucused solely on wrestling. If you want to keep waiting for ESPN to cover and give a damn about wrestling be my guest.

And not subscribing to them is absolutely the right thing to do if that's your decision. But once you stop subscribing to them, your opinion of events that they cover thst you don't watch are now irelevent

I am not sure how you are able to determine my class, based on legitimate critiques of a company that historically charges for services that they that they are unable to provide and also engages in dubious billing practices. Was it classy when Flo took my money then failed many times to provide a functioning service?

Sorry, but that is not factually correct. Flo is not focused solely on wrestling. They provide platforms similar to FloWrestling for more than 20 sports. Also similarly, FloSports has horrible customer feedback across all of their platforms and an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. It isn't about waiting for ESPN care about wrestling. It is about those in charge at USA wrestling being able to promote the product to find a better avenue to promote the sport. For instance I just flipped to a Fox Sports affiliate that was broadcasting a casual 5k race. Fox will cover this, but USA Wrestling can't sell our premier domestic event for broadcast?

I am not sure how you are able to determine my class, based on legitimate critiques of a company that historically charges for services that they that they are unable to provide and also engages in dubious billing practices. Was it classy when Flo took my money then failed many times to provide a functioning service?

Sorry, but that is not factually correct. Flo is not focused solely on wrestling. They provide platforms similar to FloWrestling for more than 20 sports. Also similarly, FloSports has horrible customer feedback across all of their platforms and an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. It isn't about waiting for ESPN care about wrestling. It is about those in charge at USA wrestling being able to promote the product to find a better avenue to promote the sport. For instance I just flipped to a Fox Sports affiliate that was broadcasting a casual 5k race. Fox will cover this, but USA Wrestling can't sell our premier domestic event for broadcast?

a6290229ba7738b2ecab93c61e7a0d10.png

Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but that is not factually correct. Flo is not focused solely on wrestling. They provide platforms similar to FloWrestling for more than 20 sports. Also similarly, FloSports has horrible customer feedback across all of their platforms and an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. It isn't about waiting for ESPN care about wrestling. It is about those in charge at USA wrestling being able to promote the product to find a better avenue to promote the sport. For instance I just flipped to a Fox Sports affiliate that was broadcasting a casual 5k race. Fox will cover this, but USA Wrestling can't sell our premier domestic event for broadcast?

Nothing you said was incorrect, however regardless of their history this time they delivered on the good. I don't think it's unfair or unreasonable to praise them for this one instance. You seem to think otherwise.

Think of it this way, if a kid who has a history of screwing up and making bad choices/decisions is put in a position to do something and finally does the right thing the right way should we all just say to that kid. Well you were supposed to do that from the first place so no praise for you? Or should we say good job kid? You posts seem to say the former, which is how I determined your level of class. If you think the kid deserves praise then I'll be more than happy to retract my statement regarding your level of class.

Nothing you said was incorrect, however regardless of their history this time they delivered on the good. I don't think it's unfair or unreasonable to praise them for this one instance. You seem to think otherwise.

Think of it this way, if a kid who has a history of screwing up and making bad choices/decisions is put in a position to do something and finally does the right thing the right way should we all just say to that kid. Well you were supposed to do that from the first place so no praise for you? Or should we say good job kid? You posts seem to say the former, which is how I determined your level of class. If you think the kid deserves praise then I'll be more than happy to retract my statement regarding your level of class.

Comparing a kid to a corporate entity that charges for a service doesn't really translate. Sure I would offer praise to one of my kids in that situation. The role of a coach or caregiver is not comparable to that of a paying consumer. FloSports claims to be an innovative company. They have had $30+ million in investment in the past couple of years including World Wrestling Entertainment. They are not a mom and pop charity case. They are a self-serving entity with the ultimate goal of getting bought out by a big company and making a lot of money. I don't fault them for that, but in doing so, they have screwed over countless customers not only in wrestling, but track and other sports as well.

I don't know why someone would offer praise to a  company that for once was able to provide a product that they were supposed to be offering to begin with. Where else would a consumer continue to go back to someone who failed to deliver on a service? If I go to a restaurant 10 times, order a hamburger and the first 9 times it is raw, the restaurant is deserving of praise the 10th time when they finally cooked the hamburger right?

Another reason I think it is appropriate to acknowledge Flo's performance this weekend is bc when they screw up which is (hopefully WAS) often, the people who would take the heat for it from the public were Willie, Pyles, Bader and now Nomad.  In reality none of these guys are responsible for the technical issues.  But they are the face of Flo, so they hear about it.  Sure, they signed up for that job and it goes with the territory, but giving them an 'atta boy when Flo gets something so important (WTTs) right seems warranted, IMO

I stream almost all of my sports. ESPN, CBS sports, and NBCSports have their fare share of issues time to time. I think the outlier with people and Flowrestling is they cover one sport, and I would guess a large part of their viewers don't stream sports. The biggest thing against these companies is the streaming is live. Netflix doesn't do live streaming. When it is live, more factors come into play. I have watched FloTrack several times and very little issues as well. Yes, I have had my times where I was frustrated that Flo had tech issues, but I moved past it, watched the archive action and waited for the next event. Flo is delivering the product in a way that many others are not, and I think sometimes people are too quick to act like a tech issue is the end of the world.