Sign in to follow this  
spladle08

So how does our team perform?

It's always tough to say until you know which athletes will represent each nation. The Russias, Irans and Turkeys of the world tend to have so much depth that it's a guessing game until weigh ins. The Azerbaijans, Ukraines and other nations surrounding the Caucasus Mountains that gladly take Russians who aren't making the team are always in the mix with individuals. The North Korean light weights can't ever be counted out. The Cubans rarely have a full team of world beaters, but they usually have two to three guys each year who will be in contention for medals.

My thought... three medals.

To me:

Gilman completely unknown but longshot to medal: 10%

Steiber 50% chance to medal

Retherford 60%, Molinaro is no slouch, and aside from a questionable loss to JO he's just been so damn good.

Green: 75% he just loves this weight.

Burroughs: 50% i love the guy and think he could win it but i could see a DNP. Just losing a step

Cox: 75% we saw it last year he is a tough matchup for the world at the weight and could be a face in the finals.

Snyder: 99.34% he's just so damn tough i dont doubt a gold

WIZ: 30% he's big and athletic, with the right draw and coming out on the right side of a few 1-1's he could make some noise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

To me:

Gilman completely unknown but longshot to medal: 10%

Steiber 50% chance to medal

Retherford 60%, Molinaro is no slouch, and aside from a questionable loss to JO he's just been so damn good.

Green: 75% he just loves this weight.

Burroughs: 50% i love the guy and think he could win it but i could see a DNP. Just losing a step

Cox: 75% we saw it last year he is a tough matchup for the world at the weight and could be a face in the finals.

Snyder: 99.34% he's just so damn tough i dont doubt a gold

WIZ: 30% he's big and athletic, with the right draw and coming out on the right side of a few 1-1's he could make some noise

Thats funny because Jordan Burroughs is ranked #1 in the World according to International rankings, Cox just Beat DT who was also ranked #1 in the world.. Your predictions suck

Thats funny because Jordan Burroughs is ranked #1 in the World according to International rankings, Cox just Beat DT who was also ranked #1 in the world.. Your predictions suck

Thank you for your prediction. I find it to be very accurate and enlightening. I forgot rankings accurately determine placement at world competitions. I'll check the rankings and make a new draft in a bit. Thank you again

I don't think stieber places either. I don't see him doing well against guys like khinghegashvili, higuchi, rashidov etc

JB gold

Cox bronze

Snyder silver

I actually like Snyder to win it . He's just so consistent and while we like to give Sadulaev a ton of credit for his accomplishments, I feel like we totally discredit the huge bump in weight vs proven guys. Has he wrestled up yet or just voiced his intention.

I don't think stieber places either. I don't see him doing well against guys like khinghegashvili, higuchi, rashidov etc

JB gold

Cox bronze

Snyder silver

Khin and Higuchi are 57kg unless they are going up.

I actually like Snyder to win it . He's just so consistent and while we like to give Sadulaev a ton of credit for his accomplishments, I feel like we totally discredit the huge bump in weight vs proven guys. Has he wrestled up yet or just voiced his intention.

Russian nationals are today. He blew through 97. 

Khin and Higuchi are both going up to 61kg and I wouldn't say he blew through 97kg today.  His finals match was 8-7 and had some questionable calls (non-calls) go his way

He teched everyone else prior without giving up a single point. 

I am cheering for Russians of course but after watching Russian nationals I think this US team can beat everyone of them not for sure but I would give 30% to Gilman vs Uguev, 50% Stieber vs Rashidov, 60% Reserford vs Gogaev( but if Bekbulatov recovers from injury he will destroy Reserford. Burroughs 80% to beat Tsabolov, but if Geduev recovers and gets selected, 50/50. By the way Tsargush reconsidered his retirement and will do wrestle offs in July. Ok, I forgot Green, 20% against healthy Ramonov or 60% against current Russian champion. Cox can beat Valiev 60%, Snyder 50/50 vs Sadulaev. Sadulaev will be 20 lbs lighter the day they wrestle. Sorry, Gwiz can't beat any Russian rep yet.

I think:

JB has a good shot at gold at 74 kg - He may have already faced his toughest competitor.  The Russians and Iranians moved out of the weight but you can bet both countries will have a good entry.  The best known guys are Hassanov Azbbjj, & Abdurakmonov Uzbk.  I like JB's chances.

Snyder is a co favorite but him and Sadulaev could meet up anywhere in the bracket.  I expect that if they meet early the loser of that match will probably get back for bronze if they hold up mentally.

Cox - If healthy he has a real shot at medaling although this is a very deep weight.  and it could be gold.  Yazdani enters as a favorite.  The Turk he lost to at the Olympics is back.  The Russian who won RN (Valiev??) looked realy strong and good defensively but I like Cox against him style wise.  Sharioff Azbj will be a threat and I think the Cuban (Sallaas) will be back too.

Green. I think he has a shot at beating some top guys here.  He has a lot of international experiance now and I think he is a legitamate contender. 

Logan - He has a shot due to his offence but he could also lose to a lot of guys due to his lack of defense.  Aliev Ajb is the co-favorite, along with Kingishivelli (Geo) and add in whoever Iran sends (Esmaleepoor/Eshanpour) and the Russian and Higuchi Jap.   I'm guessing Bonne will still be at 57 ???

Retherford - Also a very deep weight.  Frank M almost broke through for bronze at the Oly so who knows.  Also Asgarov will not be there and Romanov is not competing this year.

Gilman - I think this weight is too full of studs to see him break through on his first WC.  Russian kid looked good, Rahimi, Bonne, No Kor if they show up, Japan's guy looked tough at Asians, I hope to be wrong on this.

Gwiz - Same thing at this weight.  Akgul is the favorite followed by the Georgian and Iranian.  I wasn't overly impressed by the heavyweight at the Russian nationals. Hope I'm wrong here too.

To me:

Gilman completely unknown but long shot to medal: 3%   Hoping we get to see him against the Japanese entry.    

Steiber 50% chance to medal.   This isn't the Olympic year where the entries are limited and many of the big guns missing.    Tall order but he can get on the medal stand.    

Retherford 60%, aside from a questionable loss to JO, he's just been so damn good.    

Green: 80% he really likes this weight. 

Burroughs: 50% i love the guy and think he could win it but i could see a DNP. Just losing a step.    Hopefully we see him against the Azerbaijani and the kid who teched him out of the Olympics (drawing a blank on his name)

Taylor (if he's the rep): 75% we saw this year he is a tough match up for the world at the weight and could be a force in the finals. 

Snyder: 90% he's just so damn tough and short of running into Sadulaev prior to the final, I see him competing for the championship.

WIZ: 20% he's big and athletic, with the right draw and coming out on the right side of a couple toss ups,  he could make some noise

My predictions:

Gilman:  No medal

Steiber:  No medal

Retherford: No medal

Green:  No medal

Burroughs:  Gold if no Geduev.  If Geduev is there then silver or bronze.

Cox:  Silver

Snyder:  Gold

Gwiz:  No medal. 

Also, all these predictions are subject to change depending on the draw, especially Steiber, Green, and Retherford.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

Gilman - No medal

Steiber - 50%

Retherford - Not yet

Green - 50%

Burroughs - 50%

Cox - 75%

Snyder - Gold (gets by a still smallish Sadulaev this year)

Gwiz - No Medal

Figure 3-4 medals.