• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#1 Flying-Tiger

Flying-Tiger

Gold Member

• Members
  • 7,351 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

Pretty sure there was nothing stopping Pico from entering WTTs. Talking about what he would of done if he actually competed is pathetic, especially considering Retherford defeated the guy that beat him last year. 

http://www.flowrestl...in#.WUO5yOndK_t

Edited by Flying-Tiger, 16 June 2017 - 05:44 AM.

A Kinder, Gentler Machine Gun Hand

#2 Buckxell

Buckxell

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

Pretty sure there was nothing stopping Pico from entering WTTs. Talking about what he would of done if he actually competed is pathetic, especially considering Retherford defeated the guy that beat him last year.

http://www.flowrestl...in#.WUO5yOndK_t

That's what MMA fighters do... they talk to drum up ratings and make interviews interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Pinnum

Pinnum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:58 AM

Not sure why Flo is even covering it on their wrestling site.  I can understand putting it on their MMA site but why feature people who aren't wrestling?

Twitter: @Pinnum

#4 Frank_Rizzo

Frank_Rizzo

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:07 AM

Retherford ain't the same guy Pico wrestled way back when. 

• HurricaneWrestling, Flying-Tiger, Alwayswrestling and 3 others like this

#5 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:23 AM

Retherford ain't the same guy Pico wrestled way back when. 

Agreed. I can understand when fans make these kinds of statements, but its annoys me when a FORMER wrestler does. Its one thing for Oliver who is still training in the sport and has to wait for rulings to be making statements, its another thing for a guy who all but technically has retired from the sport to be saying stuff. And if I'm not mistaken, how did Pico fair against Molinaro? IMO the Molinaro that Retherford just beat twice is head and shoulders better than the Molinaro that Pico twice lost to... While I would have to pick Pico to win head to head due to their history, IMO its really in poor taste for Pico to publicly make this statement. 

Edited by BigTenFanboy, 16 June 2017 - 01:24 AM.

• TobusRex likes this

#6 jammen

jammen

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:26 AM

"Wan't" ???

a fish rots from its head, but hope springs eternal.

#7 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:50 AM

I bet we would all enjoy some cake right now, lol

@JaroslavWrestle

#8 TobusRex

TobusRex

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:58 AM

Pretty classless stuff from Pico. He should get on the mat and show he can still beat Zain, instead of just talking.

#9 Husker_Du

Husker_Du

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,410 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

Not sure why Flo is even covering it on their wrestling site.  I can understand putting it on their MMA site but why feature people who aren't wrestling?

right. FloWrestling shouldn't cover stuff ex wrestlers do. lol 

• rd149 and Cletus_Tucker like this
Don't make Zebra unhappy.

#10 TBar1977

TBar1977

Gold Member

• Members
  • 9,133 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:03 AM

Wake me up when Pico ever wins a huge wrestling event. USA Juniors is nice, but it isn't NCAA and it isn't Senior World team either. Stick to MMA Aaron. 

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#11 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:05 AM

Lol this thread.. The insecurities of Penn State fans is very real. And why wouldn't flo post it? Obv it's something their audience is still ready to talk about. Pico would still handle zain btw.
  • headshuck and Witherman like this

#12 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:07 AM

Wake me up when zain isn't 0 and 6 against Pico. Isn't ncaas? How many ncaa champs has Pico throttled? Give me a break tbar, Pico was a more accomplished wrestler than Rutherford when he was around and he likely still would be if he didn't give it up for something he considers more grandiose.

#13 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:08 AM

Pico lost to Metcalf and never won Junior Worlds.  Kind of hard to crown him. 

• xander and RetiredPoster like this

Anyone but Heil '18

#14 SC_Wrestling

SC_Wrestling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

Why are Penn State fans so sensitive? If Pico was talking about a non-PSU wrestler then this wouldn't be a thread.

#15 LordNelson

LordNelson

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:14 AM

Honestly, 

I can't think of a more disappointing circumstance as a wrestling fan than Aaron Pico's post HS career.

I was so jacked about watching this kid take it to the next level in college and internationally.

I get he thought the better road was MMA but man I feel cheated on this kid.

Now, I just want him to come back or just go away.

• pamela likes this

#16 gopher_fan_90

gopher_fan_90
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:15 AM

I will say, as much as I have been backing Flo the past few days (I promise I don't work for them, lol) I think sometimes they can be hypocritical about how they cover things.

When the Chance thing was going on, they were all over the story, and said it was wrestling related and it was their duty. When a story popped up a few months later that had some serious politics involved they were basically ghosts on the story. The only mention was on FRL and it was a justification of why they weren't covering it, which was something along the lines of there is "no reason to", but in this case, it was wrestling related.

#17 paboom

paboom

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:37 AM

Honestly, 

I can't think of a more disappointing circumstance as a wrestling fan than Aaron Pico's post HS career.

I was so jacked about watching this kid take it to the next level in college and internationally.

I get he thought the better road was MMA but man I feel cheated on this kid.

Now, I just want him to come back or just go away.

This...either put up or shut up.

#18 Chingadiculous

Chingadiculous
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

Agreed. IMO you all aren't doing enough coverage of stuff ex wrestlers do. I heard through the grapevine that Mark Palmer is soon to be a free agent. Landing him and his ambulance chasing journalistic skills would be a huge win for Flo!

#19 Pinnum

Pinnum

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:52 AM

What did he do?

You mean, make a claim of a mythical matchup that he projects himself to win?

If you're going to cover that, you're going to spend a lot of time in Iowa and Pennsylvania bars hearing stories from former stars about how they would win if there were wrestling.

Personally, I don't really care too much about ex-wrestlers unless it is a human interest story.  I am really more concerned about wrestling--as in actual matches--but I am even less interested in celebrating the talent drain of MMA.

Of course, you're free to hype MMA promos designed to get wrestling fans to put their time and money into MMA if you want... 

• RetiredPoster likes this
Twitter: @Pinnum

#20 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:06 AM

Why are Penn State fans so sensitive? If Pico was talking about a non-PSU wrestler then this wouldn't be a thread.

False. If JO got to wrestle and won the WTT, there would be people posting the same thing.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Flying-Tiger