Flying-Tiger

Pico Want's To Have His Cake And Eat It Too

What does this mean for Aaron Pico's contract? I don't know how it works but am mostly wondering if he will put MMA on the back burner and refocus on wrestling.

I'm curious how Bellator feels about him now. Say what you want about Picks abilities and skills, but this was in fact an experiment for them and This whole thing made Bellator look second rate as ever.

Pico is a sh*t talker? Please cite more than one tweet to show a pattern that would make rational people believe this to be the case. 

He doesn't talk sh!t in the traditional sense, but IMO his presentation as a humble fighter is dubious. He appeared to be perfectly fine with allowing the hype machine to go WAY off the rails. While much of this came from the MMA media and Bellator, I am curious if he or his handlers pushed back against reports saying he was "raised like a Spartan." After all the talk about him being bred to be a MMA fighter I figured I would do some genealogical research and found the man who actually sired the MMA legend that is Aaron Pico.

cu3DvYv.gif

Edited by Chingadiculous

"I haven’t sat down and watched the whole film..."  Um, Aaron, don't get up to make a sandwich when you do.

And as for having a "hole in my game," like saying the Grand Canyon is a crack in the Earth.

Less talk, more results in the future.

Oh, I think talking **** about being better than Zain after Zain won senior nationals: something Pico has never done. That's called "**** talk".

Zain has never won senior nationals, he won World Team Trials, which is an event Pico has never actually entered.

One tweet and someone's a sh*t talker - if he tweeted about someone else, you wouldn't care.

And I'm still looking for more than one reference (which I was asking for, something more) to show a pattern of behavior that would label someone a sh*t talker.

Zain has never won senior nationals, he won World Team Trials, which is an event Pico has never actually entered.

One tweet and someone's a sh*t talker - if he tweeted about someone else, you wouldn't care.

And I'm still looking for more than one reference (which I was asking for, something more) to show a pattern of behavior that would label someone a sh*t talker.

OTT is essentially the same as WTT.

giphy.gif

Oh, my bad. World Team Trials. Something else that Pico has never won..but the guy he talked smack about won it.

You seem obsessed with "pattern of behaviors" with regards to **** talking. A guy can talk **** once and never talk it again, right? Did I say Pico was a continual **** talker?

Of course there has to be a habitual pattern. Like Thomas Gilman isn't a racist for calling Higuchi a "Jap" because he only said it twice in one day.

Of course there has to be a habitual pattern. Like Thomas Gilman isn't a racist for calling Higuchi a "Jap" because he only said it twice in one day.

Gilman and his fans can claim ignorance for him. He said he didn't mean any disrespect. Fine.

Wildturkey on the other hand knows full well that it's a racial slur and used it anyways.

He used the term intentionally to get a rise out of me and to disrespect me.

So let me ask is, is it fair for me to say that Wildturkey a racist?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Gilman and his fans can claim ignorance for him. Fine.

Wildturkey on the other hand knows full well that it's a racial slur and used it anyways.

He used the term intentionally to get a rise out of me.

So let me ask is, is it fair for me to say that Wildturkey a racist?

I have no problem with that... Although Wildturkey will claim he made that statement while engaging in a good ole Wild Turkey bender.

Oh, my bad. World Team Trials. Something else that Pico has never won..but the guy he talked smack about won it.

If you talk **** if doesn't matter if you only do it once. You are, ipso facto, a **** talker at that point.

So is it safe to label yourself a sh*t talker?

Serious question. 

And the competition deepening as it moves to six weights, and everyone having trained for the last four years with this being the pinnacle focus. And former Olympic champions coming back, maybe not being the favorites to win but certainly capable of stirring things up a little.

WTT is not at all the OTT

Bellator will still be 100% behind pico. He's still got the potential to be big and I believe he will be. It would be asinine for the promotion paying him to jump off board the train after a slip up.

What's more asinine is signing an unproven 17 year old kid to a multi year contract.. hyping him up to the moon and back before hes even fought a single fight then putting him on the main card in MSG. I've read on another forum people saying "Only at Bellator"

While I still think Pico has got Zain's number in freestyle, it would be nice to see Zain troll Pico on Twitter.

It will never happen because Zain isn't like that, but I kind of hope he does tweet at him. It would give Pico an easy exit back to wrestling.