Flying-Tiger

Pico Want's To Have His Cake And Eat It Too

Zain on the Senior World team. Pico was a very impressive youth wrestler. I'll take defeat at the Senior World Championships over winning Tug O' War at the 8th grade picnic, anyday. Wouldn't you?

lol quality trolling. 

Pico had a pretty impressive 3 years on the senior circuit before he went to MMA. I hope Retherford exceeds them but he's got some ground to make up first. 

No one in their right mind who wants to make money goes to the UFC. The lack of sponsorship money and tiered pay are the reason soany fighters are jumping out of it.

Someone needs to create a safe space for all of you who took offense to Pico's interview. He answered a question not like he went on a Twitter rant. He gave Zane credit on his accomplishment but just stated facts.

Penn State has the best coaching staff in the country and they couldn't figure out how to beat the high school kid. Only to coach Zane to try and slow him down at best. 6-0 and never in danger.

Also, why is it no one points out that Zane and Frank we're team mates. I can't count how many times I have seen lesser wrestlers compete with more accomplished wrestlers in the practice room because they learned their ticks, tells and patterns.

Umm, Penn State coached Frank Molinaro defeated Pico 2 -0…Seems like you guys are the ones that need a safe space from reality. 

lol quality trolling. 

Pico had a pretty impressive 3 years on the senior circuit before he went to MMA. I hope Retherford exceeds them but he's got some ground to make up first. 

Retherford just made the World Team, something Pico never accomplished. You know this right?  â€¦...and he did this while splitting time with folk and college. Just wait until he focuses on freestyle full time.

Edited by Flying-Tiger

yeah I'm sure Retherford wasn't even trying to win when they wrestled. the only wrestling matches that count are D1 NCAA wins and senior freestyle wins from 2017 and on. 

I place a lot more stock in what a wrestler has done this year than what he did years ago. Pico has never won the titles Zain has, and probably won't come particularly close to doing so in the future. Good luck to him in MMA, but he'll have to step on the mat to show he can still bean Zain. And I don't think he can, and knows it.

lol quality trolling. 

How impressive was he? No world titles. No USA senior title. I count championships amongst **** talkers, and Pico has a lack of impressive titles. Zain doesn't lack in that regard. Zain also isn't afraid to step on the mat either, so Pico needs to put up or shut up. Pico took the quick way and regrets he's not getting Zain's "glory".

I place a lot more stock in what a wrestler has done this year than what he did years ago. Pico has never won the titles Zain has, and probably won't come particularly close to doing so in the future. Good luck to him in MMA, but he'll have to step on the mat to show he can still bean Zain. And I don't think he can, and knows it.

years ago? Pico was wrestling barely a year ago at the 2016 olympic team trials.

as for titles, Pico has far more freestyle credentials than Retherford right now. Hopefully that will change in the future but the scoreboard is all in Pico's favor at the moment.

hey I know, why not just enjoy both of these two excellent young wrestlers' careers and not get triggered about either one?

How impressive was he? No world titles. No USA senior title. I count championships amongst **** talkers, and Pico has a lack of impressive titles. Zain doesn't lack in that regard. Zain also isn't afraid to step on the mat either, so Pico needs to put up or shut up. Pico took the quick way and regrets he's not getting Zain's "glory".

lol he has a cadet world title.

I also find your comments very disrespectful to all the senior athletes Pico has beaten. very rude imo.

and on Father's Day too! Come on!

years ago? Pico was wrestling barely a year ago at the 2016 olympic team trials.

as for titles, Pico has far more freestyle credentials than Retherford right now. Hopefully that will change in the future but the scoreboard is all in Pico's favor at the moment.

hey I know, why not just enjoy both of these two excellent young wrestlers' careers and not get triggered about either one?

That's interesting.  That's a lot of stock in the Junior Worlds.  Understandably so, as it might be a tougher tournament than NCAAs, but now we have to say Bubba Jenkins is more freestyle credentialed than Aaron Pico. 

Edited by LemonPie

lol he has a cadet world title.

I also find your comments very disrespectful to all the senior athletes Pico has beaten. very rude imo.

and on Father's Day too! Come on!

Cadet world title. Cool, he was an impressive schoolboy. Any US Senior titles? Nope? Zain is the current US FS Champion....something that Pico has never been.

If anybody is being rude and disrespectful, it's Pico. He's acting like a spoiled, jealous punk. I think he's afraid to step on the mat with Zain, otherwise he'd just do so. Talk, you see, is very cheap.

Cadet world title. Cool, he was an impressive schoolboy. Any US Senior titles? Nope? Zain is the current US FS Champion....something that Pico has never been.

If anybody is being rude and disrespectful, it's Pico. He's acting like a spoiled, jealous punk. I think he's afraid to step on the mat with Zain, otherwise he'd just do so. Talk, you see, is very cheap.

lol, now you're disrespecting Retherford too. they are the same age and Pico was better every year until this year, when Pico quit wrestling to be a professional MMA fighter. if what Pico accomplished is not impressive than Retherford's career until now was totally unremarkable. 

also maybe actually listen to Pico's interview before hyperventilating.  

you can be fans of both of these guys, no need flip out. 

lol, now you're disrespecting Retherford too. they are the same age and Pico was better every year until this year, when Pico quit wrestling to be a professional MMA fighter. if what Pico accomplished is not impressive than Retherford's career until now was totally unremarkable. 

also maybe actually listen to Pico's interview before hyperventilating.  

you can be fans of both of these guys, no need flip out. 

Aaron Pico's 15-16 consisted of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishes at the senior events.  Pretty much on par with Zain's 3rd place at the Trials. 

Aaron Pico's 15-16 consisted of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishes at the senior events.  Pretty much on par with Zain's 3rd place at the Trials. 

ok they were on par with other except for every time they entered the same tournaments or wrestled each other. other than that I agree with you. 

ok they were on par with other except for every time they entered the same tournaments or wrestled each other. other than that I agree with you. 

Yes, Pico was better in the 14-15 freestyle season.  Thanks for pointing out something we all know.   Unfortunately, my comment was about the 15-16 season

Edited by LemonPie

Yes, Pico was better in the 14-15 freestyle season.  Thanks for pointing something out we all know.   Unfortunately, my comment was about the 15-16 season

if only Retherford had wrestled more freestyle instead of focusing on folkstyle, he might have had a chance to prove on the mat that he had improved at a faster pace than Pico had during the 2015-16 season. 

alas, when it comes to freestyle, up until the age 20, Pico will always have the better career, better wins, more titles and more credentials. now that Pico has quite wrestling, hopefully Retherford can take over the weight and have a long and successful freestyle career. I will be rooting for him. 

if only Retherford had wrestled more freestyle instead of focusing on folkstyle, he might have had a chance to prove on the mat that he had improved at a faster pace than Pico had during the 2015-16 season. 

alas, when it comes to freestyle, up until the age 20, Pico will always have the better career, better wins, more titles and more credentials. now that Pico has quite wrestling, hopefully Retherford can take over the weight and have a long and successful freestyle career. I will be rooting for him. 

How condescending.  It was never Pico's weight to begin with.   You make it sound like this was a Henry Cejudo-Danny Felix situation.  It's not. 

But hey, have fun at Pico's MMA debut.  I'm sure you'll be front row, cheering along with a bunch of dudebros. 

Edited by LemonPie

Wake me up when Pico ever wins a huge wrestling event. USA Juniors is nice, but it isn't NCAA and it isn't Senior World team either. Stick to MMA Aaron. 

Agree that it isn't senior level but IMO you aren't giving enough credit to how tough Junior Worlds is. It is very similiar to the level of competition at NCAA's so saying its nice and not recognizing how incredibly tough it is to medal and or win is crazy

Agree that it isn't senior level but IMO you aren't giving enough credit to how tough Junior Worlds is. It is very similiar to the level of competition at NCAA's so saying its nice and not recognizing how incredibly tough it is to medal and or win is crazy

and Bubba Jenkins won it.  Obviously more FS credentialed than Aaron Pico. 

How condescending.  It was never Pico's weight to begin with.   You make it sound like this was a Henry Cejudo-Danny Felix situation.  It's not. 

But hey, have fun at Pico's MMA debut.  I'm sure you'll be front row, cheering along with a bunch of dudebros. 

yes that sentence was unclear. I was not implying that it was Pico's weight, although I see how you got that. 

what I meant Pico is retired, and so won't be challenging at any weight to make the freestyle team. But thankfully, Retherford is still wrestling, and now that he has made his first senior world team, I hope he goes on to have a long and successful career.

I am also looking forward to Pico's MMA debut. I won't be front row but me and my dude bros will be watching. 

I'm sorry you chose to be so triggered by Aaron Pico. He's an exciting talent and by all accounts a very nice young man. I hope you can enjoy your Sunday regardless of how you feel about him!

yes that sentence was unclear. I was not implying that it was Pico's weight, although I see how you got that. 

what I meant Pico is retired, and so won't be challenging at any weight to make the freestyle team. But thankfully, Retherford is still wrestling, and now that he has made his first senior world team, I hope he goes on to have a long and successful career.

I am also looking forward to Pico's MMA debut. I won't be front row but me and my dude bros will be watching. 

I'm sorry you chose to be so triggered by Aaron Pico. He's an exciting talent and by all accounts a very nice young man. I hope you can enjoy your Sunday regardless of how you feel about him!

You're so hip! Sick meme

Edited by LemonPie

Sucks that Dan Dennis doesn't have the FS credentials of a Mark Hall, Bubba Jenkins, Spencer Lee, or Adam Coon.   Only a one-time Senior World Team member. 

the competition at junior worlds has increased a lot in the short time since Bubba won it. but yeah, Dennis had a very short but not all that successful freestyle run. super awesome guy but tough to put his credentials ahead of a kids like Spencer Lee and Mark Hall. got to participate in the Olympics though. A lot of guys would trade a lot of credentials for that opportunity.

the competition at junior worlds has increased a lot in the short time since Bubba won it. but yeah, Dennis had a very short but not all that successful freestyle run. super awesome guy but tough to put his credentials ahead of a kids like Spencer Lee and Mark Hall. got to participate in the Olympics though. A lot of guys would trade a lot of credentials for that opportunity.

and yet Mark Hall went 2-2 at the Trials.