Photo

Why doesn't Dake wrestle more internationally?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

Dake doesn't wrestle much internationally.  I think it's a mistake.  I think he needs to find the tougher tournaments and enter them.  Get the experience.  Learn new tricks.  Show that he can go with the best in the world and beat them.  Build the confidence.  Build the brand. 

For example, Yarigan.  Why not?

• de4856 likes this

#2 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

I think injuries have been the biggest issue, but he certainly could do more.

Edited by LemonPie, 18 June 2017 - 02:33 PM.

• Coach_J likes this

Anyone but Heil '18

#3 LemonPie

LemonPie

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:37 PM

Btw, where are we sending people before worlds? Aliev?

Anyone but Heil '18

#4 pamela

pamela

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

@Smedley must be so psyched over the possibility of Dake and Taylor going to the Spanish Grand Prix!!

#5 Chingadiculous

Chingadiculous

Bronze Member

• Banned
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

@Smedley must be so psyched over the possibility of Dake and Taylor going to the Spanish Grand Prix!!

Word on the street is that in USAW's plans for western European Grand Prix conquest DT would take Spain and Dake would be granted France. Not sure if there is a Grand Prix in Portugal, if so DT will likely try to make a power grab there so he can control the majority of the Iberian Penninsula.
  • Coach_J likes this

#6 Chingadiculous

Chingadiculous

Bronze Member

• Banned
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

Btw, where are we sending people before worlds? Aliev?

Exhibition matches at Fargo.
  • LemonPie likes this

#7 Coach_J

Coach_J

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:39 PM

I think injuries have been the biggest issue, but he certainly could do more.

Yes.  Can he remain healthy enough to do 2-3 international meets until the next Trials?  Also, can he regroup mentally from this latest  set-back.  We'll see.

All Motown, All the Time

http://www.writeondetroit.com/

#8 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

Dake doesn't wrestle much internationally.  I think it's a mistake.  I think he needs to find the tougher tournaments and enter them.  Get the experience.  Learn new tricks.  Show that he can go with the best in the world and beat them.  Build the confidence.  Build the brand. 

For example, Yarigan.  Why not?

Yarygin is very expensive for americans bla bla bla....now Now Jaroslav will come running here and will cry "very expensive!"

• Coach_J and Jaroslav Hasek like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#9 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:37 AM

Spanish grand prix level for Americans  LMAO. They are deserve for weak tournaments like Spanish or Canadian tournaments. Why they have go to Yarygin??! 12 hours fly and loss to "freak" wrestlers from Dagestan or Tuva republic and go back home with 0-1 :D u can win Spanish GP or Paris with 2-0!

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin, 19 June 2017 - 03:45 AM.

• Coach_J and Yellow_Medal like this
The opinions and views expressed in my posts, are intended to promote Russian international styles wrestling and international wrestling in general. Please excuse misspellings, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations. I am doing my very best to communicate in English, but it is a work in progress. I speak several languages, but I am still learning context, culture, and local tradition. I love USA and I am doing my best to be a great ambassador. Thank you for understanding.

#10 josephe

josephe
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

Never understood why he hasn't wrestled more internationally too....

1- is it because he's not first team and doesn't get to make the trip?

2-does USA wrestling pay or not pay for someone not in first spot/and or selected by coach to wrestle?

3-would he have to self fund and be on his own if neither of the above are the reasons?

Because with all his smack talk and whining about being the best but being stuck behind JB, figure he'd go overseas to show everyone.

• CaliWrestler likes this

#11 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

2-does USA wrestling pay or not pay for someone not in first spot/and or selected by coach to wrestle?

3-would he have to self fund and be on his own if neither of the above are the reasons?

Because with all his smack talk and whining about being the best but being stuck behind JB, figure he'd go overseas to show everyone.

Ity is expensive , not joke. If they go to Ali Aliyev Memorial in Kaspiysk, he can win this tournament, there comepete only young wreslters sometime toughs, but rarely. I wanna see him at Baku GP or at the Zialkowski international.

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin, 19 June 2017 - 03:45 AM.

• Coach_J likes this

#12 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:18 AM

Spanish grand prix level for Americans  LMAO. They are deserve for weak tournaments like Spanish or Cabadian tournaments. Why thye have go to Yarygin, 12 hours fly and loss to "freak" wrestlers from Dagestan or Tuva republic and go back home with 0-1 :D u can win Spanish GP or Paris with 2-0!

If I was Dake I'd fly to Iran and kick the hell out of some Iranians. Any good Iranians at 74k?

#13 tbert

tbert

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:51 AM

what are you talking about he went to Paris this year and wrestled three Americans...lol
  • Coach_J likes this
MAGA!

#14 nom

nom

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:17 AM

I'd like to see him beat top level foreign competition consistently. Like JB.

#15 Jaroslav Hasek

Jaroslav Hasek

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

Yarygin is very expensive for americans bla bla bla....now Now Jaroslav will come running here and will cry "very expensive!"

lol, if ALROSA will pay for it I'm sure more Americans would wrestle in Siberia. 

@JaroslavWrestle

#16 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

lol, if ALROSA will pay for it I'm sure more Americans would wrestle in Siberia. 

Al rosa pay only for Russian wrestling federation (preparation for EU, World etc, Food, accommodation, camp etc), not wrestlers. Russian team can compete at World yeah with help of Al Rosa, but if u want go to Cuba or Germany alone - u must pay for oneself. For example the founder of gas stations "VNK Company" helps for Rashidov and some other wrestlers from Dagestan. Dake is 4 time NCAA champ. If here u were a four time Russian national champion here then you would have 4 villas and 4 porsche cayenne and 400,000$! Dake is NCAA legend, but Americans are not united, not patriots. Don'tt help each other. He was born in New York, why people can collect money for his trafy and victory. He glorified his homeland (NY state) throughout the country! 4 time! No one met him at the airport after winning the national championship! No one doesn't know who is he in New York! Only mom and dad! 

• Tofurky, Coach_J, cjc007 and 3 others like this

#17 Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:58 AM

Sadulaev and his a new "little" gift by Ingushetian President! Does Dake have a bicycle or a bus ticket???

b9oQYpGAVT8.jpg

• Tofurky, tbert, Eagle26 and 4 others like this

#18 tbert

tbert

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

Good stuff A.K.
  • Coach_J likes this
MAGA!

#19 WillieBoy

WillieBoy

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:38 AM

Exhibition matches at Fargo.

Sat the movie. Does anyone actually live there, for real?

A State whose most famous people are Teddy Roosevelt, Roger Maris and Lawrence Welk - can't be real.

#20 pennsyrules

pennsyrules

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Sadulaev and his a new "little" gift by Ingushetian President! Does Dake have a bicycle or a bus ticket???

b9oQYpGAVT8.jpg

More like a something he confiscated from a business that wasn't paying their dues.  Russian Mob loves ex wrestlers:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users