Sign in to follow this  
buckshot1969

This season's Nickal vs Dean

I think most of us circled a Nickal vs Dean NCAA final as the match we most wanted to see at the beginning of last season.  What matchup do you think will be the most anticipated for 2017-18?

Joseph/IMar?

Hall/Zahid?

Gross/Nato?

Fix/Nato?

Fix/Suriano?

Joseph/Imar sounds good. Imar/Nolf sounds even better.

really the Imar/Joseph/Massa trio facing off against one another should all be great matches and then throwing in Chance Marstellar if everything works out and he's eligible, would be an interesting addition to 165.

really the Imar/Joseph/Massa trio facing off against one another should all be great matches and then throwing in Chance Marstellar if everything works out and he's eligible, would be an interesting addition to 165.

The problem with Marstellar is his gas tank.  You can manage it pretty well in Freestyle, but Folkstyle exposes it severely.  The guy is a special talent, but unless that flaw drastically changes, he won't be able to match their pace and will get beat up on in the 3rd.

If Zahid really does bump up to 184, definitely Zahid and Nickal for me. I know Zahid's beaten Bo before twice, but that was in freestyle.

If Zahid doesn't go up, I want to see Hall versus Zahid again. I feel like Zahid gave Hall too much respect and was hesitant with his attacks, and when he did attack out of urgency, it was sloppy. I want to see Zahid with a chip on his shoulder and Hall with a year of growth and size.

The Valencia brothers sure got big quickly. Weren't they little ****s wrestling 125 pounds or so early in HS? Then they really started moving up in weight. Cool to see, actually, guys not starving themselves to stay at a  lower weight.

Zahid is the one who grew drastically.

106, 113, 132, 182

Anthony was a little more flat.

126,145, 170,170

Is Daton Fix expected to wrestle as a true freshman? I didn't think there was room for him on the roster unless Picc, Brock and Heil bump up. But yes, Fix - Suriano would be a terrific match.

Even with a redshirt, we could still get it at the Scuffle. Assuming PSU will be back.

Is Daton Fix expected to wrestle as a true freshman? I didn't think there was room for him on the roster unless Picc, Brock and Heil bump up.  But yes, Fix - Suriano would be a terrific match.

I think Fix is special enough that he would win the spot at 125 if they chose to wrestle him, but my guess is they RS and bump Picc/Brock for 18-19. 

I'd love to see:

* Moore/Downey - Finally put to rest this dilemma of "good vs. evil"

* Zahid / Nickal

* Hall vs. IMART - I personally feel that IMART would be looking at yet another "L" to a PSU wrestler here

* Nolf vs. IMART - I personally feel that this would go Nolf's way this next round

* NaTo vs. Gross

* NaTo vs. Suriano

* NaTo vs. Fix

I'd love to see:

* Moore/Downey - Finally put to rest this dilemma of "good vs. evil"

* Zahid / Nickal

* Hall vs. IMART - I personally feel that IMART would be looking at yet another "L" to a PSU wrestler here

* Nolf vs. IMART - I personally feel that this would go Nolf's way this next round

* NaTo vs. Gross

* NaTo vs. Suriano

* NaTo vs. Fix

You really like picking PSU against iMar.

Whoever PSU puts on the mat against IMAR: I don't like their chances. IMAR is better than Nolf, has proven it on the mat multiple times, and I think he's better than Joseph as well, despite the results of their NCAA finals match. 

Imar goofed by moving to 165, imo. 

The problem with Marstellar is his gas tank.  You can manage it pretty well in Freestyle, but Folkstyle exposes it severely.  The guy is a special talent, but unless that flaw drastically changes, he won't be able to match their pace and will get beat up on in the 3rd.

A bad "gas tank" usually implies the wrestler is too lazy to get into good shape, in my experience. Chance needs somebody like Gable cracking the whip on him. 

Whoever PSU puts on the mat against IMAR: I don't like their chances. IMAR is better than Nolf, has proven it on the mat multiple times, and I think he's better than Joseph as well, despite the results of their NCAA finals match. 

Imar goofed by moving to 165, imo.

Generally agree with this post expect for moving to 165. I don't see any issue with that.

For Nolf, I think IMar underestimated Nolf the first time, and then figured him out for the next 2 matches.

For Joseph, I think after being able to keep it close a few times, Joseph figured Imar out.

I think whoever he faces will still be a toss up with the edge going to Imar.