Sign in to follow this  
FreestyleWrestler

Freestyle World Team Calender

some guys mentioned the Golden Grand Prix in Baku, Azerbaijan in the post WTT interviews. I need to go back and listen to them. I also think there will be a fairly large contingent in Madrid for the Spanish Grand Prix. Probably lots of non world team members too. 

all the information on these should be coming out shortly

Is it unusual that the Golden Grand Prix is scheduled before Worlds?  I thought GGP was the one at the end of the year with the "mandatory" participation rule for the near-finalists from Worlds and for others who are invited.

Edited by pamela

Is it unusual that the Golden Grand Prix is scheduled before Worlds?  I thought GGP was the one at the end of the year with the "mandatory" participation rule for the near-finalists from Worlds and for others who are invited.

yeah I think they changed the schedule around this year. although it looks like the Baku tournament has only been in novemeber for the last 2 years. it was july for 2014, then november in 2013, then july for all previous years. 

I believe the schedule is going to get disrupted even more in the future, as they try to figure out the best way to hold the tournaments that contribute to seeding separation points. 

Well there are five tourneys coming up in July

Ali Aliev

Ziolkowski

Golden Grand Prix

Grand Prix of Spain

Ion Cornianu

Not sure which tournaments ( if any ) our wrestlers are going to, but hopefully we find out soon.