Sign in to follow this  
grappler6

Baldwin

Fox Baldwin is out of VA as reported by intermat.

Kid was a mega talent coming out of high school. Any idea where he lands next? Does he try to get closer to home? Follow old assistant to Pitt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Word on the street is he is headed to Southeastern (NAIA) in Lakeland, FL. Expect him to win a few NAIA titles.

Not bagging on Fox, but there have been a number of high profile kids who transfer to NAIA schools and they might be expected to walk through it, the NAIA tournament can gobble up D1 transfers. I'm sure Fox will do well with Javier Maldonado at Southeastern ... but D1 transfers aren't automatic to win titles in the NAIA. 

Edited by JasonBryant

Not bagging on Fox, but there have been a number of high profile kids who transfer to NAIA schools and they might be expected to walk through it, the NAIA tournament can gobble up D1 transfers. I'm sure Fox will do well with Javier Maldonado at Southeastern ... but D1 transfers aren't automatic to win titles in the NAIA.

Same is true for D2 & D3. Of course it does depend on who the transfer is.

How do you figure? He's not cracked the lineup in 2 years and the guy keeping him on the bench isn't very good.

Fox started as a true freshman and did fine, however I believe injuries derailed him at the end of the season. This season was probably a redshirt year, as I do not believe he competed in any duals and only wrestled in a few opens. Great kid, hope he does well going forward!

Fox started as a true freshman and did fine, however I believe injuries derailed him at the end of the season. This season was probably a redshirt year, as I do not believe he competed in any duals and only wrestled in a few opens. Great kid, hope he does well going forward!

Fox was beaten by Peppleman in wrestle offs at the end of his true Frosh year, it was not injuries.  He redshirted last season and had issues that caused him to look elsewhere.

Thanks for the explanation.

Fox was beaten by Peppleman in wrestle offs at the end of his true Frosh year, it was not injuries.  He redshirted last season and had issues that caused him to look elsewhere.

Your account is different than what I heard at the time. No insider info, but the buzz when he was out of the line up is that he was hurt. This is the first time I've heard about a wrestle off.

Your account is different than what I heard at the time. No insider info, but the buzz when he was out of the line up is that he was hurt. This is the first time I've heard about a wrestle off

I always heard that he was beaten by Pep in a wrestle off