Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Brands Wants To Have His Cake and Eat It Too

Funny how it's ok for Iowa fans to bash Flynn for not giving a release but when I point out their hypocracy, I'm a troll. Fact of the matter is they can't refute my point so they take the childish way out and start name calling. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Funny how it's ok for Iowa fans to bash Flynn for not giving a release but when I point out their hypocracy, I'm a troll. Fact of the matter is they can't refute my point so they take the childish way out and start name calling.

Actually you started the name calling, broheim. Nice try though.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

UNI isn't on Iowa's schedule or in their conference so withholding a release seems hypocritical given Brands stance on Virginia Tech's actions when he left.

Brands issue was always that the releases were promised to the wrestlers and their parents. Not that VT and Iowa didn't schedule each other.

I'm always torn on transfers to the same level of competition anyway - on the one hand I don't like guys just transferring as if they were free agents every year (like where college basketball is headed) but on the other hand guys only have 5 years of eligibility (and only 4 when they can compete) so if they see the possibility of a better situation then they should be able to go for it.  At the end of the day I've more or less settled on being 100% okay and supportive of transfers from guys who are stuck on the bench, but uncomfortable with transfers from guys who are already starters and expect to remain so.

Edited by ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying

Brands issue was always that the releases were promised to the wrestlers and their parents. Not that VT and Iowa didn't schedule each other.

Isn't it true that the VT staff at the time denied that releases were ever promised to the wrestlers and their parents?

Hey TBar/FT, just because you may be right doesn't mean you aren't a douche.

LMAO. Your free throwing of Iowadouche cards isn't doing much for your cause here. Learn better self control.

Edited by TBar1977

Isn't it true that the VT staff at the time denied that releases were ever promised to the wrestlers and their parents?

The former AD (who is now deceased) claimed that however all the parents of the wrestlers and the wrestlers themselves said he was lying. It may have been the Slaton's (or another family not 100% sure) said there was no way they would have let their child go their without that promise and that it was absolutely made.

It is over and done with but the situations are not 100% apples to apples, clearly.

The former AD (who is now deceased) claimed that however all the parents of the wrestlers and the wrestlers themselves said he was lying. It may have been the Slaton's (or another family not 100% sure) said there was no way they would have let their child go their without that promise and that it was absolutely made.

It is over and done with but the situations are not 100% apples to apples, clearly.

Yeah, Brands gutted VT.

not everyone who disagrees with you is a troll, TBar.

And you calling other people homers is rich. Pot, meet kettle.

Yeah, but those who admit someone is right, which you did above, and still throw indiscriminate douchcards ..............they are trolls. Stop making trouble and we'll get along fine. 

Actually you started the name calling, broheim. Nice try though.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Calling you obtuse and explaining why is name calling? That's pretty far from calling someone a troll or a douche with no substantive content. Why don't you do me and your clients a favor and get back to work. 

Are you taking it as a fact that the wrestlers were promised a release by the VT AD?

Calling you obtuse and explaining why is name calling? That's pretty far from calling someone a troll or a douche with no substantive content. Why don't you do me and your clients a favor and get back to work. 

You literally called me by a different name which was intended to be derogatory.  It's the definition of name-calling.  Then you called headshuck stupid.  So....yeah.  Speaking of clients, I'm beginning to feel for yours if you don't understand the meaning of basic words and common phrases.

Edited by VakAttack

I believe it is the definition. 

This place has jumped the shark.