irani

Yazdani looks good in his new weight

While Yazdani was training at his base camp of Mt. Damavand he had spent most of his energy focused on the Matador of Madrid, David Taylor. Now that Cox flooded him off the World Team Yazdani has had to refocus his strategy. Intelligence from Israel indicates that the Iranian government has allowed Yazdani access to all the blocked US websites in order to train for Cox and the Iranian Wrestling Federation is petitioning UWW to allow all of Cox's opponents to wear some form of floatation device.

8JStdGX.gif

While Yazdani was training at his base camp of Mt. Damavand he had spent most of his energy focused on the Matador of Madrid, David Taylor. Now that Cox flooded him off the World Team Yazdani has had to refocus his strategy. Intelligence from Israel indicates that the Iranian government has allowed Yazdani access to all the blocked US websites in order to train for Cox and the Iranian Wrestling Federation is petitioning UWW to allow all of Cox's opponents to wear some form of floatation device.

8JStdGX.gif

Many than

8JStdGX.gif

8JStdGX.gif

LOL, you have to explain this one to me

I don't remember cox sweating this much at the olympics.  It definitely creates an advantage for him.

after watching the three matches, here are my observations

1.  Both of these guys are elite world class wrestlers, and either one would have a legitimate shot at the gold

2. Unlike my previous observation, Cox CAN be scored upon

3. I don't understand why Taylor does not get the respect he deserves in the US.  Looks at who he has defeated in the past few months.  The guy is legit!

4. I did not see Taylor shake Cox' hand after the the third match.  If I am right, that is poor sportsmanship

Digs like that made sense before his performance at the world cup, and the recent trials.  He has now proven himself

There's a lot of reasons why Taylor gets that treament... just to name a few:

(1) His fans have been some of the most vocal and downright unbearable at times

(2) Dake has always owned him despite years of fantasy match-up wins for Taylor on this board

(3) Was dubbed the 'Magic Man' before even winning an NCAA title, then proceeded to get stuck by the guy he replaced at PSU in the finals

(4) Ushered in PSU's era of dominance, which many are annoyed by (for obvious reasons)

and most recently

(5) His antics in Cox/Taylor match 3 after the injury, and subsequent outburst after losing the match

Digs like that made sense before his performance at the world cup, and the recent trials. He has now proven himself

Gonna have to disagree with you. A midseason win over a washed up Sharipov and non-peak conditioned Yazdani doesn't mean much. Especially if you can't make a World Team. And even if he does make the team I refuse to stop bringing up his Spanish Grand Prix titles until he gets a World or Olympic medal. My magic eight ball says that's not likely to happen.... Ever.

Gonna have to disagree with you. A midseason win over a washed up Sharipov and non-peak conditioned Yazdani doesn't mean much. Especially if you can't make a World Team. And even if he does make the team I refuse to stop bringing up his Spanish Grand Prix titles until he gets a World or Olympic medal. My magic eight ball says that's not likely to happen.... Ever.

and his dominant win over Cox in the first match?

I don't remember cox sweating this much at the olympics.  It definitely creates an advantage for him.

1.  Both of these guys are elite world class wrestlers, and either one would have a legitimate shot at the gold

3. I don't understand why Taylor does not get the respect he deserves in the US.  Looks at who he has defeated in the past few months.  The guy is legit!

4. I did not see Taylor shake Cox' hand after the the third match.  If I am right, that is poor sportsmanship

Sportsmanship is only necessary when you are winning and having "fun". It is not "fun" for Penn State wrestlers (previous or current) to lose and sometimes they handle it poorly. Taylor was in VERY poor form after that loss in match 3. True character is usually shown in times of adversity, last thing I'll say on the topic (for now).

It is not who you have defeated. It is the Tournaments you have won. Spanish Grand Prix doesn't play well in that arena even if you won it twice.

It is not who you have defeated. It is the Tournaments you have won. Spanish Grand Prix doesn't play well in that arena even if you won it twice.

The guy was the MVP at the World CUP

The guy was the MVP at the World CUP

Yep and that will most likely be his highest achievement at the Sr level. On paper his wins look very impressive, but considering that this is an early season event and the fact that high level wrestlers peak for Worlds and Olympics I just don't think wins at this event hold much weight. As I have previously mentioned if DT could make a World or Olympic team and get a medal I wouldn't be such a troll and keep bringing up his exploits at the Spanish Grand Prix.

Yep and that will most likely be his highest achievement at the Sr level. On paper his wins look very impressive, but considering that this is an early season event and the fact that high level wrestlers peak for Worlds and Olympics I just don't think wins at this event hold much weight. As I have previously mentioned if DT could make a World or Olympic team and get a medal I wouldn't be such a troll and keep bringing up his exploits at the Spanish Grand Prix.

and what about his dominating win against Cox in the first match?

I get it.  From what you guys are telling me he is not like-able, he is not a good sportsman and therefore he is difficult to like or respect.  But you have to separate that from his wrestling abilities.

I remember when Iran had Jadidi and Talaee in their national team.  I was and still am embarrassed by their behavior, and never liked either one of them.  But I cannot deny they were good wrestlers.