irani

Yazdani looks good in his new weight

and what about his dominating win against Cox in the first match?

I get it. From what you guys are telling me he is not like-able, he is not a good sportsman and therefore he is difficult to like or respect. But you have to separate that from his wrestling abilities.

I remember when Iran had Jadidi and Talaee in their national team. I was and still am embarrassed by their behavior, and never liked either one of them. But I cannot deny they were good wrestlers.

Comparing Jads to DT is blasphemous. First, Jads has provided us with a plethora of phenomenal memes. Second, Jads actually garnered medals at Worlds and the Olympics... something that DT will most likely never do. Edited by Chingadiculous

I don't remember cox sweating this much at the olympics.  It definitely creates an advantage for him.

after watching the three matches, here are my observations

1.  Both of these guys are elite world class wrestlers, and either one would have a legitimate shot at the gold

2. Unlike my previous observation, Cox CAN be scored upon

3. I don't understand why Taylor does not get the respect he deserves in the US.  Looks at who he has defeated in the past few months.  The guy is legit!

4. I did not see Taylor shake Cox' hand after the the third match.  If I am right, that is poor sportsmanship

Cox can be scored on, but if he is in good form, and focused, he is really hard to score on. He also controls mat space and position really well. But to be sure not a lot of margin for error in his style. Yasdani has the same issue, if he is out of his comfort zone he falls apart. Sort of gets out of sorts, and gets tired. A rhythm wrestler. In his comfort zone he controls position ridiculously well. 

BTW, if you respond in anyway other than technique and tactics you forever lose credibility with me. I despise trolls.

Edited by sgallan

Cox is going to bully Yazdani. I bet Yazdani gets Bronze and Cox wrestles the russian in the finals. 

wow, you can event predict the brackets then?  You know Cox and Yazdani will be in a different bracket than the Russian already?

Comparing Jads to DT is blasphemous. First, Jads has provided us with a plethora of phenomenal memes. Second, Jads actually garnered medals at Worlds and the Olympics... something that DT will most likely never do.

I am pretty sure Jadidi himself did not create too many of the memes :)

I would be very surprised if Taylor does not end up with a couple of world medals before he retires

I am pretty sure Jadidi himself did not create too many of the memes :)

I would be very surprised if Taylor does not end up with a couple of world medals before he retires

How with J'Den Cox getting a bye in US finals.  JDen lost the first match of WTT yes but figured out DT after that and now knows how he wrestles.  DT doesn't really change his game plan, always try to tie up push pull the head and working off shots.  Now that Cox has wrestled 3 life matches full 100% JDen will win.  I don't see DT making a world team or Olympics only if weights change.  He's 27 this year only has few more years to make it happen look at JB has lost a step at 29

How with J'Den Cox getting a bye in US finals.  JDen lost the first match of WTT yes but figured out DT after that and now knows how he wrestles.  DT doesn't really change his game plan, always try to tie up push pull the head and working off shots.  Now that Cox has wrestled 3 life matches full 100% JDen will win.  I don't see DT making a world team or Olympics only if weights change.  He's 27 this year only has few more years to make it happen look at JB has lost a step at 29

You raise fair points.  Here is how I see it

In the first match, Taylor domianted and almost teched Cox

As you state, credit to Cox, he learned from it, and adjusted.

But match 2 and 3 were close and could go either way.  Even with Cox adjusting his game plan, they are very very close.

Taylor has excellent coaches, could he also make adjustments?

Now, I will admit, I don't know either guy as well others as this forum, and I cannot possibly state anything that others don't know, so I am done with this topic.

Peace

daved tailor will be back with a vengence...his super technique cannot be stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was stopped by Cox and he will come back and win the Spanish Grand Prix...Making him 3x Spanish Champion....HAHAHAH

You raise fair points.  Here is how I see it

In the first match, Taylor domianted and almost teched Cox

As you state, credit to Cox, he learned from it, and adjusted.

But match 2 and 3 were close and could go either way.  Even with Cox adjusting his game plan, they are very very close.

Taylor has excellent coaches, could he also make adjustments?

Now, I will admit, I don't know either guy as well others as this forum, and I cannot possibly state anything that others don't know, so I am done with this topic.

Peace

Excellent coaches I agree but still has not figured out how to beat KD in what 7 tries or 8....Even with excellent coaches thats what Im saying DT doesn't convert from the push pull method on your head and not everyone likes to tie up.,..