JTTS was a tremendously entertaining writer. Could be fair minded also. My all time GOAT.

One of the most amusing was Ban Basketball, who once said that the entire world should vote on the presidency of the USA, since he was the most powerful man in the world. He figured the world would have voted Bush II out in 2004, even if the USA proper didn't.

JTTS was a tremendously entertaining writer. Could be fair minded also. My all time GOAT.

One of the most amusing was Ban Basketball, who once said that the entire world should vote on the presidency of the USA, since he was the most powerful man in the world. He figured the world would have voted Bush II out in 2004, even if the USA proper didn't.

Yes - can't forget 'Ban' ... amusing and as passionate as they come.

Goes beyond creepy. He pm'd me asking me to tell him who I am. I refused. For this obvious reason anonymity can be a good thing. In response to my not answering, he posts this.

And many wonder why you don't get a bunch of former wrestlers posting on this board........................

. We need more ex wrestlers. Less arm chair ones like me. I gave my name , twitter , phone on here many times. I may need all y'all peeps for bail $ some day.

Here's JTSS"s song, which was written after the 2002 NCAA's:

“THE IOWA FAN”

Sung to the tune of "The Piano Man" by Billy Joel 

It’s 9 o’clock on a Saturday
We’re live in upstate New York
Iowa’s in 4th place and falling
Time to stick them with a fork

Look over there, it's Mike Zadick
I’ve heard he's never merciful
Just went to his back seven times
Against the dreaded Jake Percival

So sing us a song, you’re the Iowa fan
It’s hard for you to be merry
No one thinks the Fulsaas twins
Are the next coming of Tom and Terry

Jessman Smith is a friend of mine
Just got stuck by Rob Rohn
He’s sitting next to Mocco
Who’s eating a taco
While his dad scoops him an ice cream cone

No Hawk All American at 174
You have the overrated Tyler
Trey Clark beat Cael?
He’d probably get stuck by Cyler.

This pain, how do we dull it?
Let’s remember Royce Alger
And that other guy with the mullet

And Moore is practicing bridging
He always goes to his back
Opposing wrestlers are now excited
To wrestle the gold and black

Got nothing from 157 or 165
No AA status for Luke
I just saw old Dan Gable
Looks like he’s going to puke

During the awards ceremony
Our guys are in street clothes and loafers
You can’t win it every year
Unless you’re the Golden Gophers

Better you then me
If you think this year was rough
Wait until 2003!

Goes beyond creepy.  He pm'd me asking me to tell him who I am.  I refused.  For this obvious reason anonymity can be a good thing.  In response to my not answering, he posts this.

And many wonder why you don't get a bunch of former wrestlers posting on this board........................

MSU158 is a Michigan State AA from several years ago, for those who are wondering.

bigmik is the Chris Pendleton of themat.com posters: he has had a few good years, but only a small minority would include him in the conversation for GOAT

I would disagree. Pendleton actually was the top of the NCAA and beat Askren more than anyone else.

Bigmik is just a legend in his own mind.

DF and Medicine Man are the two best posters this board has ever seen, and I'm not being sarcastic.

Medicine Man too emotional, IMO--has to defend a perceived buddy.  And his esoteric crap.  Really?  Kind of funny, though. 

Joined in 1999 or 2000.

The top 5 posters, IMO:

1. JTTS - guy was hilarious. This cocky NYer was very addicted to this forum until he got a wife and disappeared forever. He had some really witty stories, like Mocco's fast food incident. Always riled up Hawk fans. His one quote that always stuck in my mind -- when somebody was going after him for being arrogant and cocky with his "6 figure salary" ... he simply replied, "Nobody told me about the pay cut."

2. Delfino / DF - the anti-hero; great storyteller. He asked the forum to critique his own obituary one time.

3. BIG - suspected of being many other monikers, he was the definition of Multiple Personality Disorder. He'd be the toughest guy on the Internet one minute and ready to jump off of a bridge the next.

4. Mudflap - Hawkeye insider with the best character this forum has ever seen.

5T. Medicine Man - fantasy matches and top notch photo-shop skills before anyone had such skills.

5T. Suzie - Nobody could cyber-bully a single wrestler as relentlessly as Suzie. Brent Metcalf may still be seeing a psychologist because of Suzie.

Edited by WatWest00

Who was the poster a few years back that always wrote long depressing stories about his personal life? Relationship troubles, suicide talk, etc?

Was it Rossel3?  He was always happy until about 2011, when he seemed to get the blues.   I recall him saying something like; "This won't last.  Guys like Taylor and Ruth only come along once in a blue moon."  However, after those two graduated, he went into a full-blown depression.  I suspect he may even have had to be institutionalized.

Hope he's doing OK, wherever he is.  One of my favorite posters - and as loyal a Hawk fan as you'll ever find.

headshuck, on 10 Jul 2017 - 4:23 PM, said:snapback.png

I'd like to protest FT/TBar getting two separate entries.

The selection is currently under review.

Did Headshuck throw a brick or wave a flag?  Otherwise, he shouldn't be entitled to a review.  

(No offense, 'Shuck, but we need a modicum of order on this board.)