Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Wade Shalles Gives Up

Does the sport of wrestling resist creative thinking?

No.  Institutions often do.  Such as the institution of collegiate wrestling which is partly an issue of tradition and being what people know and partly an issue of disagreements about the alternative solutions.

But people in the wrestling community are not resistant to creative thinking and different ways of doing things, especially at the high school and youth levels, which is what this discussion is really about.  Of course, many of the creative solutions come from the championship mindset and while they have lead to more talented wrestlers they have destroyed the participation numbers for many programs.

When you demand excellence, you'll get excellence from those that remain.  But not all are remaining and with the push of 'exposure' and 'national' events, I have noticed many of the better wrestlers actually becoming more and more detached from their schools/clubs and doing things on their own.  This has allowed them to be successful, but it has hurt the program and hurts participation numbers.

Great, he can demonstrate a wrestling move...what has he done to grow or sustain wrestling?

Wasn't really interested in the topic at hand.  Just had a memory pop up and decided to share.  Incidentally, I didn't vote for you but would today, Mr. Dole. 

Wasn't really interested in the topic at hand.  Just had a memory pop up and decided to share.  Incidentally, I didn't vote for you but would today, Mr. Dole. 

Thank you kind sir

#MakeDoleGreatAgain

His blog is full of terrible ideas, misused statistics, and complaints about things that aren't actually problems to anyone but him.

hmmmm....... you may or may not like his ideas or his complaints but wrestling has some MAJOR issues and at least he put those ideas and complaints out there to move the discussion along. What have you done?

I actually know Wade very well and while his approach may be confrontational at times...... his heart is in the right place. Leaving his voice out is another nail in wrestling's coffin. We as a community can not even embrace our own leaders. Maybe ......just Maybe the enemy is us??

Hey now - I'm 45 and think I'd have some fresh ideas! I'm not an old fuddy-duddy yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah , I think when the two piece starts showing up, they should be allowed to wear them half way down their ass.