DRD5748

Downey Update

The USMC as well as other branches of service would say N O !!!

The tattoos, criminal adult record, and general attitude are disqualifiers. Out of the 80 or so D-1 schools, under 5 "may" call him. Entertaining to wonder what if.......

then its a lesson learned.

why don't you ask what you really mean instead of circling on the outside?

I've seen on these boards the past week many fans saying their schools wouldn't want Downey, how he would cause all these problems, etc etc.

Now there's buzz that he may end up at Iowa.

If he does end up there will he be embraced by the Iowa fans, many of which have stated that they don't want him for reasons x, y, z.

If TnT do take him in and it ends up not working out, will Iowa fans then say "Hey TnT screwed up?"

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I don't want PD3 at Iowa but it is not my decision to make. If he comes and it works out then great. I hope the guy turns his life around and is able to be a productive and valued member of the community. If he comes and it negatively impacts the team or campus (arrested for drinking in season, fighting, sexual assault, etc) then I think the coaches need to take a hard look at why they did what they did and learn from the experience. If Downey comes and is removed from the team for breaking 'unspecified team rules' aka no legal trouble then I wouldn't really think negatively about the Brands' for enforcing the rules they had laid out for him.

I don't want PD3 at Iowa but it is not my decision to make. If he comes and it works out then great. I hope the guy turns his life around and is able to be a productive and valued member of the community. If he comes and it negatively impacts the team or campus (arrested for drinking in season, fighting, sexual assault, etc) then I think the coaches need to take a hard look at why they did what they did and learn from the experience. If Downey comes and is removed from the team for breaking 'unspecified team rules' aka no legal trouble then I wouldn't really think negatively about the Brands' for enforcing the rules they had laid out for him.

Thank you for the direct answer. I asked another person on these forums and was completely ignored.

Another Iowa fan here. I'm generally a "give the guy a chance" sort.  People make mistakes, I believe in forgiveness and redemption and all that jazz.  All that said, I don't think PD3 and Iowa are a good fit and would prefer T&T not sign him.  Dude's talented but in a down year with little shot at a title the risk and reward ratio is just not all that great.  I wish him the best and hope he gets his head screwed on straight, but I'd prefer not to see him in the Black and Gold, even if he wins an individual championship this coming year.

Snapped him right in half

Nickal hadn't wrestled a single match. Downey, on the other hand, had just wrestled Asper and Dean (19 minutes prior...to be exact).  He'll break string bean in half.

Once again a quote from Major League Baseball is appropriate.

"Million Dollar Arm, 10 cent brain."

We have a kid who is a Cancer in the room and a father who is an example of "Little League parent syndrome".

Combined they assure no decent school will go after this wrestler.

For now he is the only wrestler in the world who can't beat Kyle Dake in a fantasy wrestling match.

Go play with your willie, boy. Downey is the bad ass your want in your room, little willie.  

If he ends up at Iowa, do the Iowa Faithful embrace him and suddenly all his past transgression get forgiven?

PD3 loves wrestling.  2018 natty champ. Embrace it.  Feel it. See it.  Accept it. 

Except from my understanding Lonzo really hasn't been an issue or a major attention hog. Not the same can be said for the dad.

Hey, bird brain...don't talk **** about my boy and you won't hear a peep from big daddy...just another punk.

The USMC as well as other branches of service would say N O !!!

The tattoos, criminal adult record, and general attitude are disqualifiers. Out of the 80 or so D-1 schools, under 5 "may" call him. Entertaining to wonder what if.......

F/n idiot...no adult criminal convictions on the tattoo boy you f'n moron.

Dude, you're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about.  PD3 is a good boy...a battle proven warrior...any D1 program would want this nasty sob in their room.  He's a BAMF.

Edited by PD2

PD3 loves wrestling. 2018 natty champ. Embrace it. Feel it. See it. Accept it.

Nice Hawkfanactic1 impersonation! Well done! Well done!

I'll go with Bo Nickal.. you know the guy that teched PD3.

Natty RUNNER Up ain't bad...

Embraced it. Felt it. Saw it. Accepted it.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Do you enjoy repeating yourself over and over? You expect an answer only the way you want to hear it. Ussualy doesn't go over well. Especially with non-pushover people such as myself.

When the answers are vague and don't answer the questions being asked, you're supposed to ask for clarification. That way there's no room for misinterpretation, confusion or miscommunicstion. I certainly wouldn't want to assume the wrong idea. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Just trying to get on the same page as you buddy!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

When the answers are vague and don't answer the questions being asked, you're supposed to ask for clarification. That way there's no room for misinterpretation, confusion or miscommunicstion. I certainly wouldn't want to assume the wrong idea. Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Just trying to get on the same page as you buddy!

My answer was pretty clear. Even others in the thread told you that. You were just being difficult. Im ready to move on like Nick Suriano :) Edited by WildTurkey44