• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 gowrestle

gowrestle

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:25 AM

Injury causes him a shot at winning a National Title and the very least a chance to become a 4xAA. After Nationals he's back on campus and everyone is talking about Hall, Nickal, Rutherford, Nolf, Joseph. No glory/recognition for Suriano just sympathy.

Is this Rutgers thing just a way to get attention? Is he subliminally asking everyone to tell him he's great?
  • tabenn likes this

#2 TobusRex

TobusRex

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Maybe. I don't know his psychology. But if he was the only stud on his HS team he may be having problems coming to grips with the fact that he's nothing special on PSU's team.

All the more reason to transfer to OU...where he'll be appreciated!

#3 cornercoach

cornercoach

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 987 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

... sounds like a good Mafia movie title ....

#4 KCMO2

KCMO2

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Injury causes him a shot at winning a National Title and the very least a chance to become a 4xAA. After Nationals he's back on campus and everyone is talking about Hall, Nickal, Rutherford, Nolf, Joseph. No glory/recognition for Suriano just sympathy.

Is this Rutgers thing just a way to get attention? Is he subliminally asking everyone to tell him he's great?

What model night-vision goggles do you have?

• Billyhoyle likes this

#5 KTG119

KTG119

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:45 AM

Maybe. I don't know his psychology. But if he was the only stud on his HS team he may be having problems coming to grips with the fact that he's nothing special on PSU's team.

while he was clearly the best kid on the team, his HS team did have 3 other state champs his senior year, plus a few other state placers. 

#6 KTG119

KTG119

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

I think he should transfer to tOSU and be able to wrestle next season....then we have a serious two horse race for the team title. 

Edited by KTG119, 16 July 2017 - 08:54 AM.

• xander, Eagle26 and websterk149 like this

#7 websterk149

websterk149

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

I think he should transfer to tOSU and be able to wrestle next season....then we have a serous two horse race for the team title.

That'd definitely make Cael throw another chair lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Tofurky, KTG119 and BobbyGribbs like this

#8 SetonHallPirate

SetonHallPirate

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 10,460 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

Uhhh...he went to Bergen Catholic...one of the best HS programs in the country.

• Jaroslav Hasek likes this

Saturday, November 11: Journeymen/Northeast Duals, Troy, NY

Sunday, November 12: Journeymen Collegiate Classic, Troy, NY

Friday, November 17: Illinois at Fresno State

Sunday, November 19: Keystone Classic, Philadelphia, PA

Saturday, November 25: Missouri at Virginia Tech

Sunday, November 26: Missouri at Virginia

Friday-Saturday, December 1-2: Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational, Las Vegas, NV

Sunday, December 3: Penn State at Lehigh, Allentown, PA

"You stopped to pay with an open gate in front of you? That's taking honesty to a new level." -NoVaLion

Editor-in-Chief, Wrestling by Pirate

Follow me on Twitter @WrestlingSHP

Website/Blog: http://wrestlingbypirate.wordpress.com

#9 Joe24

Joe24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Who the heck knows?  Personally, I bet he didn't enjoy Medical forfeiting a match, or whatever he did.  He is a great wrestler who will do great things--I wouldn't just give him up.  Kids don't always do smart things. 

#10 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

Maybe he wasn't able to make 125 for NCAAs after the ankle injury?

#11 Joe24

Joe24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

Maybe he wasn't able to make 125 for NCAAs after the ankle injury?

Maybe.  Maybe he talked with Lesnar and got confused about the DOs and DONTs.  Or maybe he got with Dustin and agreed that anything after freshman year is a waste.  Who knows, really?  Maybe to give Iowa hope?

#12 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Wow, must have gotten close.
  • xander and Jaroslav Hasek like this

#13 Joe24

Joe24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Wow, must have gotten close.

Good for you...you may have gotten close again.  Are you familiar  with "a day late and a dollar short"?

#14 denny

denny

Gold Member

• Members
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

Could it be that Cael & staff are talking over all of the variables with the kid, his parents, and spiritual confidants ?

We may be the only folks that are making a big deal out of nothing ? I rest, assured that all of the correct decisions

will be made that are in the very best interests for Suriano and his family.

• TBar1977 likes this

#15 smcfee

smcfee

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

Could it be that Cael & staff are talking over all of the variables with the kid, his parents, and spiritual confidants ?

We may be the only folks that are making a big deal out of nothing ? I rest, assured that all of the correct decisions

Are you trying to say that the denizens of the combined wrestling boards may not be aware of what is going on in the background?  Shameless slam on posters, that is.

Even a blind hog eventually can find a truffle if he sniffs hard enough!

#16 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Are you guys discussing the perils of discussion on a discussion board?

#17 Lurker

Lurker

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

This

#18 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

Hey, Nick,

I'm sure you're reading these boards to keep up on your progress.

Since you're weighing your options, Elmhurst College in near west suburban Chicago is one hell of a choice to consider. Not only are minutes away from the third largest city in the country (currently), but we have a really nice wrestling program, too. Our head coach is Steve Marianetti, former NCAA champ and Freestyle World Team member. Maybe a big school environment isn't what you thought it might be. We can help you with that. We can't offer you scholarship money, but our transfer options are very, very good. Call me!

Tofurky

• xander, Eagle26, websterk149 and 1 other like this

#19 MSU158

MSU158

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

Hey, Nick,

I'm sure you're reading these boards to keep up on your progress.

Since you're weighing your options, Elmhurst College in near west suburban Chicago is one hell of a choice to consider. Not only are minutes away from the third largest city in the country (currently), but we have a really nice wrestling program, too. Our head coach is Steve Marianetti, former NCAA champ and Freestyle World Team member. Maybe a big school environment isn't what you thought it might be. We can help you with that. We can't offer you scholarship money, but our transfer options are very, very good. Call me!

Tofurky

Shameless.....I like it!
  • Tofurky and websterk149 like this

#20 websterk149

websterk149

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

Shameless.....I like it!

Tofurky is it possible he could room in the Gallagher house to accommodate for not getting a scholarship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users