Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Monday Fargo thread

160 was crazy.

Allar and Dow had a call over turned and Dow ended up winning 12-11.

David Carr beat Joe Lee 8-6.

David Carr is a BEAST and I'm an Indiana man so Joe Lee is my boy. Great freaking match between two studs. Anyone know where Carr is leaning to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Carr is a BEAST and I'm an Indiana man so Joe Lee is my boy. Great freaking match between two studs. Anyone know where Carr is leaning to go?

I thought the offense was all Lee, but the 2 crotch locks at the end of period 1 turned 2 pts for Lee into 4 pts for Carr and that was the huge swing. Lee had about 30 minutes max before taking on Merola and he barely survived that match. 

Allar lost to Karchla 12-11, also on short rest. I would probably otherwise have favored Allar. 

Did you catch Brayton Lee beating Sasso 7-2? 

Edited by TBar1977

Worth pointing out Carson Kharchlava lost his first match at 160 to Harper of KS 11-12. Since then he's fired back series of wins and will at least place in top 6. May see Harper again in a rematch depending on how the next round plays out. Not bad as a first year Junior losing round 1 of a 101 kid bracket.

Carson keeps his deep consol run going advancing to the 3rd place match against Joe Lee. These two likely know a little of each other's style since the Lee's traveled to OH a lot in their youth to train with Carson's dad Miron at his wrestling academy. I'm a little torn in the match myself since Miron is second cousin of mine by marriage and I've followed the Lee's since I befriended their dad at wrestling event when the boys were just little runts trying to learn the sport. Reguardless of the result an impressive run by Carson after being put out in his first match. Edited by MadMardigain

I thought the offense was all Lee, but the 2 crotch locks at the end of period 1 turned 2 pts for Lee into 4 pts for Carr and that was the huge swing. Lee had about 30 minutes max before taking on Merola and he barely survived that match.

Allar lost to Karchla 12-11, also on short rest. I would probably otherwise have favored Allar.

Yes caught the last period of it. Honestly didn't see him winning that one. Figured sasso would win it. But yeah Joe wrestled Carr then turned around and wrestled again. Tough to compete fully on even 30 mins rest imo for anyone.

Thought Joe Lee looked exhausted vs Merola, plus it seemed he hurt his hip as well.

Definitely looked like he was overdue for a midday nap lol and yeah I bet he just got Matburn on it or something small. He did just bust off like 4 leg laces though lol

Didn't you blast Downey for using this excuse?  

Joe Lee is a stud.  He doesn't need you sticking up for him. 

Edited by LemonPie

Btw, LOL. I knew KNEW someone would bring up Downey if I mentioned wrestlers going on short rest. Just didn't know who. You were THAT guy.

I SEE that you are MORPHING into an MSU158 clone.

Y'all have resumed duties as worst posters on the board now that 21Guns and his mults have been nuked.

Edited by LemonPie

can Virginia please claim Carson Manville? I know he's been in Minnesota, but w/o a claim on him Va had zero kids in quarters in cadet freestyle and also zero in quarters for junior freestyle. (please someone tell me I'm wrong and Va actually did better than this, happy to admit I was wrong if I missed anyone) 

I SEE that you are MORPHING into an MSU158 clone.

Y'all have resumed duties as worst posters on the board now that 21Guns and his mults have been nuked.

I see my fans never die.  Thank you for your support.  I will strive to maintain the high level you hold me to!

Really like this 170lbs. kid AJ Ferrari from TX.

TBar, the match between him and Kennedy from MN was really the finals. Both are really good. I did not go last year but there was no way I was going to miss it two years in a row. I would be remiss in my duties as a parent if I didn't say that my kid was a double All-American at Cadet 182 and won the Gorrarian Award in freestyle.