Sign in to follow this  
silver-medal

Nato Wins Gold In Romania

Futrell also won, but yeah, no idea who else was there. Tough for USA Wrestling with the biggest tournament in the world happening in Fargo at the same time. Whoever runs the OSU wrestling twitter needs to chill out and quit hassling USA Wrestling in public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Futrell also won, but yeah, no idea who else was there. Tough for USA Wrestling with the biggest tournament in the world happening in Fargo at the same time. Whoever runs the OSU wrestling twitter needs to chill out and quit hassling USA Wrestling in public.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or use some of their own money to send a freaking cameraman over there if it's so damn important to them. Not like that's a program hurting for cash right now.

Still no updates on names/credentials of the opponents. Hmmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

"Tomasello, who in June made his first U.S. National Team with a second-place showing at the World Team Trials in Lincoln, Neb., went 4-0 on the day and had little trouble in making the finals, averaging 10.3 points in the first three matches with 12-2, 11-5 and 8-1 victories. His victory in the finals was over Nikolai Okhlopkov of Russia. In the quarterfinals, he knocked off Ivan Guydia of Romania, a 2016 Olympic qualifier."

These are from 2016

57:                                                                                                   

1. Gadzhimurad Rashidov (Dagestan) - 240
2. Aleksander Bogomoev (Buryatia) - 140
3. Rustam Ampar (St. Petersburg) - 100
4-5. Artem Gebek (Dagestan) - 80
4-5. Nodar Arabidze (Bryansk) - 80
6. Zelimkhan Abakarov (Moscow) - 60
7. Nurgun Alexandrov (Yakutia) - 40
8. Julian Gergenov (Krasnoyarsk) - 20
9-11. Nikolai Okhlopkov (Yakutia) - 10
9-11. Tamir Garmaev (Buryatia) - 10
9-11. Donduk-Ool Khuresh0ool (Tuva) - 10

"Tomasello, who in June made his first U.S. National Team with a second-place showing at the World Team Trials in Lincoln, Neb., went 4-0 on the day and had little trouble in making the finals, averaging 10.3 points in the first three matches with 12-2, 11-5 and 8-1 victories. His victory in the finals was over Nikolai Okhlopkov of Russia. In the quarterfinals, he knocked off Ivan Guydia of Romania, a 2016 Olympic qualifier."

These are from 2016

57:

Glad to hear about the Olympic qualifier win. Results for the other guys?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

These are from 2016

57:                                                                                                   

beat number 11 Russian rankings....what a result!!! LMAO 

why you rejoice at victories to American wrestlers in weak tournaments?? Romanian international is not good tournament. Paris not, Spanish GP not. Why you don't do it to Baku GP or Yarygin GP? oh "very expensive trip" :D

I grew up wrestling in Illinois with bj, so it is wonderful to see him competing (and after his injury, to see him back is even better)

regardless of prestige, winning an international tournament is a wonderful accomplishment and NATO/BJ should be extremely proud of themselves. Let's hope that these small victories can set the foundation for future more "impressive" victories as their careers develop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or are others aware of Russia's huge geo-political interest in defeating Nato?

Inform me..what's Russia's interest in NATO losing? Or is this a NATO pun?

Edited by TobusRex

Is it just me or are others aware of Russia's huge geo-political interest in defeating Nato?

It's not just you, but it's far too few of us, which may be why Russia is further encouraged to blast NATO with doubles and bomb NATO with throws.

Edited by jcjcjc