BigTimeFan

Junior World Freestyle Aug 1 -2

Looks like Darin Fix won his first match (vs. Algeria) by TF, 10-0. Gets returning World champion Khashalov (AZE) next? I can't see brackets on Track with my phone, don't think there's an option for it in the menu.

After clicking on the World Juniors link, up near the top is 3 dots, vertically, on the right hand side. Click on that and it will give you a drop down for all the links including brackets.

We need to win two finals to clinch. Fix and Gable are pretty heavy favorites, but the Russians are in 3 of the finals...not an easy road.

Also important to note we had terrible draws, besides Deakin.

7 medals. Crazy performance. The future is bright.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is like waking up in a dream where the world is upside down. I get up for some coffee and look at the brackets. Oh wow, Fix teched his way to the finals. I'm like, didn't he have to get past the returning Jr World champ? I thought he had a terrible draw! His scores were 10-0, 10-0, 11-0, 10-0. THAT'S NUTS.

Then I checked Gable. Another finals! He's not even old enough to be a junior. Even the stunningly great Mark Hall didn't medal his first year. The amazing Zahid didn't medal till his third. 

Then I checked Zahid. 11-2, 10-0, 11-0. Wait wasn't his first round guy the guy he lost to last year in Jr Worlds? Yup, that's him. 

You know what, I am ashamed to admit that at first I didn't check Deakin. After all he had no chance of medaling. Except HE'S IN THE FINALS. Sorry Deak. Junior worlds are just too tough. Except not for you my man!! 

Awesome job USA. 

Edited by BigTimeFan

Gable could be the most stunning wrestling prospect I've ever seen, Perold.

Watching him versus that giant pituitary gland of a Russian or aas hard to believe he's going into his senior year of high school and did t skip seven grades and yes could wrestle three more years in at the junior level.

His first takedown against the Russian was an enormous feet to back where he listed the Russian as if he were made of paper.

He completely dominated the Russian for the first 2:30. I think after that he was starting to get tired.

What I don't understand is what the caution firsts period were about. For those who didn't see it Gable was cautioned twice in the first period but I can't figure out what for.

Just to add to my comments on Gable.

He won tech failed a giant Russian guy in the semis 20-10 (and then a challenge point at the end). The time on the board was 4:08. He gave up a lot of points but in watching it he mainly gave up those points and then immediately scored. He was always - 100% of the time - solidly ahead. He was never once in danger.

What I don't understand is what the caution firsts period were about. For those who didn't see it Gable was cautioned twice in the first period but I can't figure out what for.

Must have been for being too good.

Just to add to my comments on Gable.

He won tech failed a giant Russian guy in the semis 20-10 (and then a challenge point at the end). The time on the board was 4:08. He gave up a lot of points but in watching it he mainly gave up those points and then immediately scored. He was always - 100% of the time - solidly ahead. He was never once in danger.

4 random caution points against him too.

Track is really starting to make me feel bad about every bad word I've ever said about Flo. First off, the passcode system is ****ing ridiculous. Secondly, as I forgot my passcode, I put in my email to get a new one but apparently, my full email address "did not provide enough information to construct an email." Tell me again why I paid $50 for this "service?"

Loving this tournament. Pretty much every call has gone our way (Flo to investigate the refs?). Fix is going to murder their 55.

Agree. Fix hasn't even been scored on in this tourney and that guy doesn't have the goods to beat Fix. Fix's trap arm gut wrench is insane right now. One, two TD's can win this. 

Edited by TBar1977