BigTimeFan

Junior World Freestyle Aug 1 -2

What I don't understand is what the caution firsts period were about. For those who didn't see it Gable was cautioned twice in the first period but I can't figure out what for.

The two of them traded head slaps and they cautioned Gable both times. 

Just to add to my comments on Gable.

He won tech failed a giant Russian guy in the semis 20-10 (and then a challenge point at the end). The time on the board was 4:08. He gave up a lot of points but in watching it he mainly gave up those points and then immediately scored. He was always - 100% of the time - solidly ahead. He was never once in danger.

Plus, the four pointer for the Russian was a little questionable. 

I give Fix a huge favorite status to win final. 

I probably favor David Baev vs Deakin, but the way this is going feels like USAQ can't lose. 

I totally favor Zahid. He's such a great athlete and I always favor athleticism.

I favor Gable for the same reason I favor Zahid. His match is against a guy that mainly just stands there and holds position and counters when you shoot, but I bet he's never faced a wrestler of Gable's freak athletic nature. I think Gable puts him in positions at a pace he can't handle. 

Fix vs UZB. Just got to watch it. It's crazy watching Fix to wonder if Spencer Lee would be able to beat him. When Fix beat him two years ago it looked like Lee was a little small and didn't wrestler a smart match. I thought Lee looked like the better wrestler who got out-horsed and gave up some big points in the second period. But now Fix seems like he's seriously upped his game and looks even stronger. I mean he looks legit.

I just watched Fix vs Kashalov. I swear but the guy didn't look like he had a busted ankle until Fix hit they arm drag and then turned him using two different moves going up 6-0 after 40 seconds. Then all of a sudden he's limping hard. Fix manhandled the returning Jr World Champ.

Then at about 1:10 the guy gets hit in the head and looks like he's in serious pain. But I couldn't see what happened. Then the guy was limping and holdings his head. Then he appeared to stop limping.

Best move yesterday was Hall's cement mixer. I have two best moves so far today. Fix's arm drag at the beginning against Khashalov was so freaky good, and Gable S. high amp throw on the Russian.

Those are right up there. It's funny Hall of the three seems like the least capable of scoring. His scores so much less than others off of bread and butter moves and more on defensive moves. I mean Gable and Fix are all offense. They have some good D as well but can score at will.

Khashalov took a beat down from Spencer Lee a few years ago. Daton Fix beat Spencer Lee 2x after that. Then Fix dominates his first round opponent. Anyone else think Khashalov knew he might be in for it before he stepped on the mat today? I got the impression he knew what was about to happen.

Khashalov took a beat down from Spencer Lee a few years ago. Daton Fix beat Spencer Lee 2x after that. Then Fix dominates his first round opponent. Anyone else think Khashalov knew he might be in for it before he stepped on the mat today? I got the impression he knew what was about to happen.

Have Fix and Khashalov wrestled before?

He did injure his ankle against Bulgaria. Fix beats him anyway, but he had no chance if not 100%

Edited by LemonPie

I just watched Fix vs Kashalov. I swear but the guy didn't look like he had a busted ankle until Fix hit they arm drag and then turned him using two different moves going up 6-0 after 40 seconds. Then all of a sudden he's limping hard. Fix manhandled the returning Jr World Champ.

Then at about 1:10 the guy gets hit in the head and looks like he's in serious pain. But I couldn't see what happened. Then the guy was limping and holdings his head. Then he appeared to stop limping.

Khash clearly injured it vs Bulgaria