BigTimeFan

Junior World Freestyle Aug 1 -2

LOL at 74KG.  USA, Russia, Aze, and Iran all clashing before the semis. 

You don't think Finland, Austria, Sweden, and Moldova provide a counterbalance to that on the other side? lol. They have Hall wrestling the Russian in the round of 32. 

Its yet another "head in the sand" moment for UWW to do that at 74kg.  What a crock of baloney.  Lets send all our unified good thoughts, prayers, goodwill, etc. to Hall, and have him take that energy and tech his way to a championship.  

You can go to Finland and watch it live. $10 to support the sport isn't so bad.

When did I complain about 10 bucks?  I just didn't know if UWW or someone else was streaming it.  I subscribe to Flo, coach year round, volunteer, I'm a board member of my local community wrestling organization, and way more.  Don't try and tell me, or assume, that I won't support the sport for 10 bucks.  I am probably going to stay up all night to watch this anyways.  

Woke up to see the score on the McKee / India semi-final match score doing some crazy things on the track dashboard.  Score was all over the place.  Going up, going down, back and forth.  Not sure if there were a ton of reviews or what.  Looks like McKee came back big time after 2 4-point moves from India.  He's in the finals now!

Also saw that Moore got trounced in the Semi-final by Georgia.  Very very surprising.  Curious how.

The prediction of the winner of Heinselman's first round winner having inside track to finals didn't pan out.  Looks like he lost second match to Kazakhstan 2-8.  Who then lost to Armenia.  :(

Brackets are showing that McKee did win in semi 16-14.  Sweet!!!!   Looks like he had a tough battle in quarters vs Japan.  Now has Akhmedov (Russia) who beat Iran in semis 5-4.  Hoping McKee has a deep well to draw on.  That bout with India must have been exhausting.  He had to hit many takedowns to come back.

By the points shown on the bracket, Hall looks like he has rolled.  

10-0

6-2 (Russia)

10-0 in quarters (Iran)

10-3 in semi-finals (Turkey)

Has Uzbekistan (Shapiev) in finals who has also rolled against Japan, India and Canada.

Moore beat Iran in his first match 10-5.  Tech falled Kazakhstan in quarters 10-0.  But then Georgia put a whooping on him ... 4-16.  Again, will love to hear about this one in more detail.  Pretty surprising.  What's the scoop on this fellow Matcharashvili?

Track has a "Live Updates" article going.  It seems to have gone dark 50 minutes ago.  No updates on the McKee and Moore matches.  

Am I sure Moore didn't win?  After watching the dashboard be all screwed up in the past and watching what happened in the McKee match to the scores (which may very well have been reviews and overturns, don't know), no, I'm not sure!!

I'll add, looking at Brackets, they do have Moore in the consi one now.

Edited by nom