BigTimeFan

Junior World Freestyle Aug 1 -2

Live updated on track wrestling page now has some details.  Looks like McKee benefited from reviews in both his comebacks.  In last match

"...the key sequence of the bout occurred in the final minute when a bodylock situation was initially ruled in favor of Ravinder for four points and switched to two for McKee after video review."

Thanks Track!!

Damn I hate time zones. I just woke up and we have two finalists and Moore has a shot at the bronze. It's like Christmas morning fellows! I love it. If Moore gets the bronze we are way ahead of schedule in terms of USA medaling. Speaking of that I feel like chanting USA USA USA, except I am not going to. 

For those (nom) that did not subscribe, here are a few thoughts.

Heinselman - won his first match by coming back to take a 5-4 lead. The German scored all 4 points by shooting on the whistle to start the 2nd period. Feet to back for 4 pts. The German, imo, became passive. Just tried to tie Heinselman up after that. Malik got the lead back and won 5-4. In his 2nd round match I think he had Kazakstan and that wrestler seemed to have a significant strength advantage on Heinselman. He won fairly convincingly. I think the biggest thing with Heinselman is to just get stronger.

McKee - beat Japan by TF. The other 3 matches were all very close and you have to hand it to Mitch that he gutted them all out. The semi final win over India was particularly impressive. 

Moore - Won 2 matches pretty convincingly. Looked great. The Georgian he lost to is super strong. Shorter than Kollin, but thicker as well. He basically beat Kollin by 2x converting a freight train double. Both times Kollin tries to roll these shots thru but on both occassions it is pretty obvious the contact and movement are initiated by GEO. The GEO wrestler also had a good gut wrench.

Hall - Both Aliev and the Turkish wrestler got the initial TD against Mark, but Hall is so patient and it was all Mark Hall in this tournament with the exception of those two TD's. The guy from Turkey I thought was the toughest guy he faced. That match was 6-3 when Hall got 4 pts at the very end. 

McKee's opponent is beatable. I will be surprised by anything less than a very controlled win by Hall in the final. 

Man, that was a great night of wrestling!  Hall and McKee are both in the finals.  Moore surprised me.  I thought the Georgian had the sneakiest penetration step/set up that I've seen in a while...it's like he just suddenly is nut deep and has your leg i.n perfect, flair/barsagar/whatever he wants position.  Hall is a special find, and McKee has grande huevos, himself.  Totally worth twice what I paid to watch this.

Gotta wonder how badly Lee would have throttled this field. Would have been 3 finalists and 4 medals in the 1st 4 weights for US. Would be a great start.

Got to wonder if Lee can or would want to make 110

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Damn the Russian Hall beat, Radik Valiev was bronze in the seniors Yarygin in January of this year. 

Pretty sure the guy Hall beat from AZE in the semi finals last year had a close match with Burroughs at World Cup. Hall is already close to the best in the world right now, imo. 

Pretty sure the guy Hall beat from AZE in the semi finals last year had a close match with Burroughs at World Cup. Hall is already close to the best in the world right now, imo. 

It's awesome. The USA has had a lot of depth at 74kg over many decades.