matts1w

Trump and Wrestling?

I am leery to post this as it has possibilities to open up all sorts of political cans of worms, but here it goes...

Esquire Magazine Online published this on July 28th, 2017:

"In a taped interview for a book on his life in 2015, Trump described, in thorough detail, to interviewer Michael D'Antonio how he was "the best baseball player in New York" (and plenty else) when he was younger:  I was always the best athlete. Something that nobody knew about me. … I was the best baseball player in New York when I was young. … But I also knew that it was very limited, because in those days you couldn't even make a lot of money playing baseball. … Everybody wanted me to be a baseball player. But I was good in other sports too. I was good in wrestling, I was very good at football. I was always the best at sports."

Does anyone know anything about his wrestling career?   

Edited by matts1w

I know he's the best liar we've ever had as POTUS, not sure about his true athletic prowess.  

Its almost like he's a democrat. 

Slick Willie. Check.

Obama.      Check.

Hillary.        Check. Check. Check. Check. 

According to his New York Military Academy 1964 yearbook profile, his only wrestling experience consisted of JV Wrestling '62.

but he was the very best JV wrestler in the state of New York

They wanted him to try out for the Olympics but were afraid he might hurt Yojiro Uetake

Edited by oldcougar

I have looked into this in the past I guess just out of curiosity. What I have found is that Trump was a very good athlete in high school and the possibly the best baseball player in his high school team. I believe he only wrestled for one year in high school. I have no idea how he did...he may have been somewhat athletic, but that only gets you so far as a first year wrestler in high school, so I think he didn't go out for wrestling a second year as he wasn't winning. Not to say that he was a bad athlete, but I am guessing he wasn't winning too often, even at the JV level as he was new to the sport. Apparently there are those that support his claim to be an excellent high school baseball player and generally an overall good athlete at the high school level.

Hope this was not political or bias either way.

I know he's the best liar we've ever had as POTUS, not sure about his true athletic prowess.

Not to get political or into a semantics arguement, but if he is the best liar wouldnt everyone think he was always telling the truth?

I would say the best liars are those who are believed to be telling the truth!

Not to get political or into a semantics arguement, but if he is the best liar wouldnt everyone think he was always telling the truth?

I would say the best liars are those who are believed to be telling the truth!

Or those that lie because they know beforehand that they will be given a free pass for their lies.

He was the best baseball player in the state of NY in the early 60's, I remember reading that the Yankees were thinking about releasing Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris and just letting Trump play center and right field.  

As far as wrestling goes, everybody knows that he only wrestled JV because the coaches hated him.  His whole life has been an uphill struggle, he's never once caught a break or been treated fairly.

BTW, here he is winning Wimbledon last month.  Of course the fake news media didn't report on it because they hate him and refuse to show images of his incredible physique.

DFsfHMRXkAAXcSv.jpg

Edited by buckshot1969

NY military academy has him playing football and baseball all 4 years and wrestling one year. And MVP of the team in baseball. And it says he was president of his class or commanding cadet. Other than that there are no records. I am guessing he just tried wrestling because he was athletic and big and strong and probably was about .500 wrestler at Lt Heavy. Since he lost a lot I bet that is why he only wrestled one year. No shame in that being a first year wrestler. He played baseball and football before high school. No other info out there. 

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman ms. Lewinsky"

"I am not a crook"

Not even close.....yet

How funny was it when Rumsfeld was booed at MSG? 

Also...There's no shame in being a .500 wrestling NY in the 60s/70s.  Every long time reader of themat forums knows that was the heyday for wrestling in NY.

Edited by Billyhoyle

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman ms. Lewinsky"

"I am not a crook"

Not even close.....yet

Closing in pretty quickly:

--had a secret plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days

--had a health care plan that would cover everyone, lower premiums, and not require Medicaid or Medicare to be touched

--saw thousands of Muslim Americans celebrating in the streets of Jersey City on 9/11

--had the largest inauguration crowd in history

--strongly voiced until just recently Obama was not a US citizen

--suggesting Ted Cruz's father was involved in JFK assassination 

Racking up an impressive resume of whoppers.

NY military academy has him playing football and baseball all 4 years and wrestling one year. And MVP of the team in baseball. And it says he was president of his class or commanding cadet. Other than that there are no records. I am guessing he just tried wrestling because he was athletic and big and strong and probably was about .500 wrestler at Lt Heavy. Since he lost a lot I bet that is why he only wrestled one year. No shame in that being a first year wrestler. He played baseball and football before high school. No other info out there. 

Lost a lot?  I heard he won so many matches, he got tired of winning.  That's the real reason he quit.

#nofakenews

Edited by HurricaneWrestling

The scary thing was that he had bone spurs that were so serious that he couldn't serve in the military but he overcame them and was one of the top athletes in the country.  It's a real pity they wouldn't let him serve because he would have won the Vietnam war as quickly as he wiped out ISIS and solved our healthcare problems.

The scary thing was that he had bone spurs that were so serious that he couldn't serve in the military but he overcame them and was one of the top athletes in the country. It's a real pity they wouldn't let him serve because he would have won the Vietnam war as quickly as he wiped out ISIS and solved our healthcare problems.

The irony of veterans supporting a draft dodger and a guy who made fun of POW John McCain, plus a Gold Star family made me realize too many of us out party over logic.

Truly an embarrassment for our country.