Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Bones Jones vs Cormier

I was pulling for Cormier.  He was fighting really well, till he wasn't.  I don't think he got caught.  I think Jones set him up low and mid kicks for 2 rounds.  Cormier looks like he was attempting to defend against one of those kicks, leaning in and flinching as if protecting his midsection, only Jones switched it up and went high and finished the fight.  I am not a fan of Jones, but he is pretty amazing. 

I hope Cormier retires.  He has a great head on his shoulders and has nothing left to prove.  

What do you mean by you don't think he got caught ?  You went on to explain exactly how it is that he did get caught.    I'd like to see him retire too.      Doesn't need to catch any more of those head kicks.    

yeah I don't consider it really cheating on the same level of PEDs either. Now his actions outside the cage make he terrible human being but in the cage, he's a beast.

The thing with the estrogen blockers  is that's  the thing one takes for their post steroids cycle therapy.   It's illegal for a reason.   You use it so you can cheat and get your system back to normal between cycles.   There's also the stories of him hiding from the USADA guys when they went to find him at the gym for a PED screen.    If you factor in his character that's he's well established through his actions outside the cage, it becomes nearly impossible to give him the benefit of the doubt.   I support all wrestlers, but i can't give Jones a pass based on what I know.  He's a cheater.   That's what he is.   

Where are all the people crying every time someone puts up an MMA thread?

Many could argue that Gus won the fight. It looked that way to me but Jones was the champ and that always gives someone the benefit of the doubt in a close fight. If my memory is correct Gus actually took him down that fight. It seemed as though Gus inflicted more damage than he took as Jones left the arena on a stretcher.

Cormier looked OK for a while until Bones' quickness caught up with him. Kick to the head, Ground and Pound, KO. Over.  Jones actually hurt him pretty good. 

I was hoping for Cormier but thought Jones would win.  Jones is a special talent, but seems like a world class Jack.  

What do you mean by you don't think he got caught ?  You went on to explain exactly how it is that he did get caught.    I'd like to see him retire too.      Doesn't need to catch any more of those head kicks.    

Getting caught often implies an element of luck.  Cormier was set up and knocked out.  Perhaps you may not have meant caught this way, but many MMA fans would when speaking about a knockout.  

I agree he doesn't need to catch any more of those head kicks or the blows that followed.  He should coach and/or commentate.  He would excel at both I think.      

Getting caught often implies an element of luck.  Cormier was set up and knocked out.  Perhaps you may not have meant caught this way, but many MMA fans would when speaking about a knockout.  

I agree he doesn't need to catch any more of those head kicks or the blows that followed.  He should coach and/or commentate.  He would excel at both I think.      

Gotcha.    "Caught him" is a term I have used to indicate what you initially described.    Makes sense how someone might take that to mean luck.    

"Funny" to read all the lack of PEDs posts right before this story was revived. You can say you hate the UFC, but when they roll on their own poster boy for being a cheat in order to keep maintain their profile, I respect that sort of thing.