Sign in to follow this  
nom

Is this all a dream?

Am I awake?  I'm reading that we have 4 guys in the finals day 2 of junior worlds.  And those 4 guys have all teched their way there (almost).  Holy crap.  I've never seen an American performance like this.  The fellows are on fire - including beating those that had beat them in the past.  

Am I awake?  Haha!

Appears to be a new world for USA Wrestling--one in which our top prospects are not only folk stars but freestyle savvy at a much younger age.   Mark Hall could be the next Kyle Snyder or something close.  Guys like Lee, Yianni and Gable are not far behind.  Training has changed and our elite are better as a result.

Great GREAT performance. Every weight but one will medal. Not sure if we have the team title wrapped up, but darn good performance so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And that one weight has our best guy sidelined. It's amazing to think that our best squad would have won at least bronze in all 8 weights. 

This is great. We need to have some of those senior guys squirming in their seats. 

This is kind of a joke, but on top of these great juniors, think about how young Gilman, Retherford, Cox, and Snyder are. Even Gwiz is young. It's going to be a battle like never before to make our teams. At 57 alone you have  Lee, Fix, Nato and Gilman all early 20's or younger. 

Edited by steen-hooph

Crazy that we have this without Spencer Lee and Yianni. Both of those guys would be in the finals too.

The future is bright.

Why bring up Yianni when the guy who beat him is about to wrestle for a world championship?

Crazy that we have this without Spencer Lee and Yianni. Both of those guys would be in the finals too.

The future is bright.

Spencer Lee, even if he could, would not have cut down to 110 lbs a month away from being at Iowa. Brands and CO would not recommend that. 

Yianni did not make the team. The guy that did is in the finals. So what is your point?

Why bring up Yianni when the guy who beat him is about to wrestle for a world championship?

Lee would have organ failure trying to make 50KG again. Stop with the nonsense. The only thing we missed with him was a great series with Fix.

Spencer Lee, even if he could, would not have cut down to 110 lbs a month away from being at Iowa. Brands and CO would not recommend that. 

Yianni did not make the team. The guy that did is in the finals. So what is your point?

Sounds like a great reason to allow more than 1 wrestler from a country into the tournament like I suggested a few weeks ago...