• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Joe24

Joe24

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

He should go the Snyder route and move to Colorado. There's no reason to steamroll everyone in in Minnesota for another year.

I would agree if this is what he wants.  If he wants to stay home and enjoy his senior year, I would agree, too.  

#62 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:32 AM

Gable being relatively short I think will be his biggest hurdle.

He can go with our senior guys today and he is cadet eligible. At heavyweight. That has never happened before.

Even mocco wasn't this far along. Maybe he was a little more intimidating, but Gable is at a different level than Mocco was at this point.

Heavyweight is the hardest transition for high schoolers.

I think he would place top 4 at NCAAs this coming season. I want to see him against Coon, but I would think Coon would win a close one.

#63 wrestlingnerd

wrestlingnerd

Gold Member

• Members
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

Gable being relatively short I think will be his biggest hurdle.

I think it's a non-issue because of his athleticism and relatively long wingspan. He's got a couple of inches on Big Bruce and one Kyle Snyder and they turned out OK.

Steveson has all the goods necessary to be senior world level elite.
  • Peso likes this

#64 NJDan

NJDan

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

How much does he weigh? Is there any chance he will wind up as too big even for heavyweight?

#65 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:17 AM

How much does he weigh? Is there any chance he will wind up as too big even for heavyweight?

He is 250ish. That won't be a problem.

#66 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

How tall is Gable? 6 1? I had him at around 240 when he wrestled Snyder in that off match.

#67 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

How tall is Gable? 6 1? I had him at around 240 when he wrestled Snyder in that off match.

I tried to poke around to find out Gable's height. No luck so far, however here's a fun fact. Last year he was 42-0 in high school and pinned 41 of his opponents. That's off the charts.

Meanwhile what is the Snyder off match you referred to?

#68 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

I tried to poke around to find out Gable's height. No luck so far, however here's a fun fact. Last year he was 42-0 in high school and pinned 41 of his opponents. That's off the charts.

Meanwhile what is the Snyder off match you referred to?

Sorry typing on iphone. I meant the three way live wrestle off with Gwiz and Snyder. He looks a couple inches taller than Snyder and about the same height as Gwiz who is 6 1. If he is 6 1 he will never have any trouble making 275 no matter how big he gets.
  • BigTimeFan likes this

#69 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

Sorry typing on iphone. I meant the three way live wrestle off with Gwiz and Snyder. He looks a couple inches taller than Snyder and about the same height as Gwiz who is 6 1. If he is 6 1 he will never have any trouble making 275 no matter how big he gets.

Thanks man. I will try to find it on Flo. I am glad you pointed it out, I love the live go's they show.

I am so incredibly excited about what the future holds for Gable Dan the Man Steveson. Has anyone speculated yet on whether he redshirts? What's the story?

• Peso likes this

#70 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

Thanks man. I will try to find it on Flo. I am glad you pointed it out, I love the live go's they show.

I am so incredibly excited about what the future holds for Gable Dan the Man Steveson. Has anyone speculated yet on whether he redshirts? What's the story?

I highly doubt he shirts. Minn needs him and he will certainly be ready.

I think he would place top 3 at NCAAs next season

Only concern if I had to pick one is his ability on bottom vs the best top guys in D1. Given his hips, if it is an issue, he will fix it.
  • BigTimeFan likes this

#71 Peso

Peso
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

Surely the first high school wrestler to be covered on prime time with his LOI announcement.  

Along with the aforementioned great heavyweights, I've seen Jimmy Jackson and Kurt Angle, those guys were untouchable in high school wrestling.  I've never seen anything like Gable.  Mix incredible talent with amazing desire, and access to training with our Seniors, and you have the recipe for something special.  What a great time to be a wrestling fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users