Sign in to follow this  
WillieBoy

How many years til Iowa has even 1 champ?

If they get Downey and miraculously keep him going thru ncaa's and wrestle spencer lee then they can be 4th or 5th.

Edit: I think their next NCAA champ is either Kemerer in his 5th year or Spencer Lee. I don't see Fix at 125 where Lee will wrestle. The only guy stopping Lee is Suriano and those two are a toss up match right now imo.

Edited by TBar1977

Still early to start Warner projections, but I imagine he'll challenge once Moore is gone.

I predict that Warner will challenge Moore and possibly beat him before Moore graduates.  Warner messed up against Moore at the JR Worlds trials but he is going to make huge improvements during his redshirt year.

I predict that Warner will challenge Moore and possibly beat him before Moore graduates. Warner messed up against Moore at the JR Worlds trials but he is going to make huge improvements during his redshirt year.

Moore is just hitting the surface of his potential as well. Plus he gets to train with Snyder

They are actually shaping up better this season than I expected.

Will be interesting to see their lineup. If they don't pull any shirts, they won't make the podium.

They still have very likely high placers at 149 and 157. Add Warner, whoever they start at 141, and one or two other guys improve and they can have 5ish AAs and around 75 points. Not bad considering it is a rebuilding year.

I'm sad to see that the "excuses machine" is running fast n' furious regarding Warner vs. Moore.  Please please please do not make this into another PD3 thread, where all we hear are excuses and how BAMFY so n' so is.  Warner very well could beat Moore by the end of Moore's career.  Heck, it could even be their next match.  But... until that happens, Moore > Warner, and just about every other 197 there.  

I like Marinelli a lot.  I think he may slip in an NCAA title as well, especially if Hall is not in his weight class.  If he stays 165, it's crowded at the top, but I think Marinelli has shown he can "hang" with the top (and he will only get better).

Lee?  I like Lee, but until we see him post injury, against top competition, there is NO WAY I'm going to predict that he wins over returning AA XYZ, ABC, or Suriano.  

Kemdawg:  Again, has Nolf to contend with. But, if Nolf bumps up over the next 2 years, 157 may open and be an opportunity for him (assuming he doesn't change classes).  

Moral of story is that it may be a few years, but the Hawkeyes absolutely have studs there, and intending to be there in the very near future.  Would love to see Iowa Style bring it once again, and give PSU and tOSU a reason to watch their backs.

Except score an offensive point. Collica has two escapes in 3 matches against Retherford, hardly doing enough to win. Fact is the guy wrestled not to lose every time he faced Zain. If he opened up, he would of gotten throttled like the rest of them. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Except score an offensive point. Collica has two escapes in 3 matches against Retherford, hardly doing enough to win. Fact is the guy wrestled not to lose every time he faced Zain. If he opened up, he would of gotten throttled like the rest of them. 

I can prove you wrong in with your own post, retherford won, and didn't score any offensive points either. 

Yea, but Retherford was wrestling to win and has scored offensive points. The same cannot be said for Collica. He was just wrestling to keep it close again. The guy didn't even AA this past season, get a grip.   

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Zain almost lost to Sorenson in the dual so it is possible. Granted he beat the piss out of him come ncaas, but a Rutherford loss wouldn't be the most surprising thing to ever happen.

Well if the standard is wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever to happen, I can agree with that, lol.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I'm sad to see that the "excuses machine" is running fast n' furious regarding Warner vs. Moore.  Please please please do not make this into another PD3 thread, where all we hear are excuses and how BAMFY so n' so is.  Warner very well could beat Moore by the end of Moore's career.  Heck, it could even be their next match.  But... until that happens, Moore > Warner, and just about every other 197 there.  

I like Marinelli a lot.  I think he may slip in an NCAA title as well, especially if Hall is not in his weight class.  If he stays 165, it's crowded at the top, but I think Marinelli has shown he can "hang" with the top (and he will only get better).

Lee?  I like Lee, but until we see him post injury, against top competition, there is NO WAY I'm going to predict that he wins over returning AA XYZ, ABC, or Suriano.  

Kemdawg:  Again, has Nolf to contend with. But, if Nolf bumps up over the next 2 years, 157 may open and be an opportunity for him (assuming he doesn't change classes).  

Moral of story is that it may be a few years, but the Hawkeyes absolutely have studs there, and intending to be there in the very near future.  Would love to see Iowa Style bring it once again, and give PSU and tOSU a reason to watch their backs.

Warner messed up against Moore - that is not an excuse. I like Moore but Warner is going to be itching to battle him again. Will provide some epic matches going forward.

Yea, but Retherford was wrestling to win and has scored offensive points. The same cannot be said for Collica. He was just wrestling to keep it close again. The guy didn't even AA this past season, get a grip.

Ride 'em Cowboy! I wouldn't point fingers since the Zain Train's stalling tactics in that match brought us a new rule.

Do you really think Retherford wrestled to win and Collica didn't there?  Neither guy did anything.  Retherford just wrestled a better version of not doing anything in that match.  

And whether Collica AAd or spit the bit at NCAAs has nothing to do with the match and what actually happened in it.

What a great trolling topic. The tone is outstanding. It implies that they are in a drought when they just had a Champ this season!

Lee will win at least one in the next 3 seasons.

Kemerer will win one in the next 3 seasons.

Marinelli will win one in the next 3 seasons.

Warner will win one in the next 3 seasons.

Do you really think Retherford wrestled to win and Collica didn't there?  Neither guy did anything.  Retherford just wrestled a better version of not doing anything in that match.  

And whether Collica AAd or spit the bit at NCAAs has nothing to do with the match and what actually happened in it.

The same homer ref that ignored Heil getting put flat to his back 3 times allowed that train wreck of a match by letting Collica do absolutely nothing. His biggest accomplishment was standing every time Zain got the boots in to get a stalemate and end the threat of getting turned.

NCAA results do matter because it shows what happens when it wasn't a dual setting and Collica had to wrestle to win.

Edited by Flying-Tiger