grappling belt-wrestling

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 grsombo1

grsombo1
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

[I had added this P.S. to the previous 'Continuation' post in emails; Info in [ ] added later]

P.S. I have made it known to Abbott, Tado, and Green that I want to fill the open senior 100kg Gi Grappling category at the World Championship at Baku. [How to contact anyone other than Abbott was not clear, Tado & Green was done at Las Vegas]

As the highest trials placer below the weight, 2nd 92kg,for the last 2 years and on the 2013 World Team 92kg Gi, I believe I am the most qualified for the position. I am not interested in veterans, where I was offered a position.

To add interest, a competitor who I defeated at trials claimed he was going to get to wrestle someone else for the 100kg Gi spot. This was denied by USAW staff and a committee member.

I was also told by a USAW staff member that people were not allowed to to go up in weight to fill a grappling spot, and they might even take veteran winner/placer over me. There followed illogical reasoning to my mind. Why would you not want to fill the weight with someone who is a multiple time grappling medalist and world teamer, and a world medalist in sombo and national medalist in AAU GR at 100kg?

I put myself up for the 100kg Gi Grappling World Team position to the Associated Styles committee, hoping there is actually a committee who makes intelligent and well thought out decisions, and not just someone or a few pushing some particular agenda.  

[Previous contact with USAW staff member by phone indicated the following Associated Styles Committee (with no contact info given - except for USAW staffer Abbott):
Gary Abbott, Rich Tado, Blair Green, Lisa Ward, Rusty Davidson. I don't see this committee listed anywhere on themat.com.
What about long time coach Sheldon Marr (who seems to be willing to fill a major role if asked)? What about a current perennial mens competitor? Who is the current committee?

Committee meets this week I have been informed by USAW rep, who is keeping me up to date. Hopefully better organization so athletes get fair and consistent due process in selection and trials, and there are not missed opportunities for athletes like the 2015 mens (and womens?) Gi Grappling Team. Many athletes do make major sacrifices to be able to continue to compete for international and world teams, and deserve fair and consistent selection processes like FS, GR, and LF. ] 

Shaun W Scott

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: grappling belt-wrestling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users