NJDan

What is Suriano's beef?

Well then, welcome to ignore. You should change your name to PennStateFanBoy

Why would I? I'm not a PSU Fanboy. I'm a fan of the wrestlers before being a fan of any team/program. I also have liked many Iowa wrestlers from the past. Last time I checked wrestling was an INDIVIDUAL sport.

I'm rooting for Suriano to win his wavier request as well as win an NCAA title for Rutgers this upcoming season.  I've also argued with many PSU Fanboys who show their hypocrisy of these forums. I'm not even anti-Iowa. I've been a fan of and supported many of their wrestlers most recently Brent Metcalf and Matt McDonough. Something a PSU Fanboy certainly would not do. 

If I were to change my username it would probably be something along the lines of "TurkeyHunter"

Edited by BigTenFanboy

It is probably unlikely that he will pass Gable in coaching. 15 National Championships (including 9 straight) and 21 straight Big Ten Championships will be very difficult to match. His 355-21-5 dual meet record isn't likely to be matched either.

The streaks may be tough to beat but cumulatively I think hes more than capable of surpassing Gable. He does have 6 titles out of 8 years as head coach... He is absolutely capable of winning more than 9 NCAA Team titles over the next 20 years.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

It is probably unlikely that he will pass Gable in coaching. 15 National Championships (including 9 straight) and 21 straight Big Ten Championships will be very difficult to match. His 355-21-5 dual meet record isn't likely to be matched either.

I'd heartily disagree with that. I think it's highly LIKELY that Cael will surpass Gable in NCAA titles. PSU will be a massive favorite next season to repeat, and they'll bring back a crapload of points in Nickal/Nolf/Cenzo/Hall for the year after as well. That'll put Cael at 8 titles in 10 years, assuming PSU salts it away the next two years. Cael will be 40 after that and still about 25 years from retirement (unless he retires early of course).  I think 8 titles in 25 years is quite doable, presuming PSU can keep Cael in place the whole time.

Also: duals are fun, but dual records don't mean much to most folks. I'm sure Cael is doing alright in that regard as well.

Edited by TobusRex

Don't ever tell me what i would be saying or feeling. I was just pointing out that everything isnt 100% Rosy and fun in State College like every PSU homer has expressed over the last 7 years. Cael obviously didnt say or do the right thing to convince Suriano to stay. Something he will tweak or work on with future similar problems.

If you were on a message board you would be saying that everything isn't 100% rosy and fun in State College. You would say that - I know you would.

Why does the ladyboy have to be from Thailand? Why can't it be a transgender individual from any other country?

Are you exacerbating a negative and unfair stereotype about Thai people?  

Nope. Its a word used to describe transgender women from Asian countries particularly Thailand. I'm not exacerbating anything. The word was thrown at me. Should it be more all inclusive and include individuals of all countries? Sure! Lets be more all inclusive!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I don't know much about Cael, other than his wrestling accolades. I know his public persona, but I have no idea what sort of coach or private person he is. He could be a sadistic Frank Kush style coach for all I know, but his kids seem to worship him so that seems unlikely. He makes NCAA champions, for sure. As for his private life: he keeps it private, I'm good with that. But for all I know he could be the greatest serial killer in the world.

Not all of them, apparently.

Why does the ladyboy have to be from Thailand? Why can't it be a transgender individual from any other country?

Are you exacerbating a negative and unfair stereotype about Thai people?  

Why does being transgender have to be negative? ;)

"Perfect Cael" is something made up by posters on message boards. Success creates resentment in others - especially when you keep getting #1 kids to sign in to your program - when your club has 5 million in the bank - you win national titles- I'm not even a PSU fan but I do know If you  have ever been part of a really successful program - no matter what the level - you know  that when you are on top people hate you.

You nailed it and that mentality is rearing it's ugly head in a big way right now. Cael is such a bad guy because he wins too much, plain and simple. These clowns could care less about Nick Suriano or the fact practically every other coach has blocked or restricted a transfer at some point in their career. I mean Brands is blocking multiple guys right now yet I see some Iowa fans yapping about how Sanderson is screwing over Suriano; its friggin ridiculous. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

I'd heartily disagree with that. I think it's highly LIKELY that Cael will surpass Gable in NCAA titles. PSU will be a massive favorite next season to repeat, and they'll bring back a crapload of points in Nickal/Nolf/Cenzo/Hall for the year after as well. That'll put Cael at 8 titles in 10 years, assuming PSU salts it away the next two years. Cael will be 40 after that and still about 25 years from retirement (unless he retires early of course).  I think 8 titles in 25 years is quite doable, presuming PSU can keep Cael in place the whole time.

Also: duals are fun, but dual records don't mean much to most folks. I'm sure Cael is doing alright in that regard as well.

Gable retired at age 49. He could have won many more but he didn't feel he do it at the high standard he demanded of himself. Cael should be able to pass him for that reason alone.

Gable retired at age 49. He could have won many more but he didn't feel he do it at the high standard he demanded of himself. Cael should be able to pass him for that reason alone.

I forgot it was that young. Too bad his physical condition forced his retirement. Still, I think Cael will pass him in number of titles, and it might not be particularly close by the time Cael is done.

Someone a lot like Cael once was at Iowa. They treated that man like he was a God. Even built a statue of the man and put it up outside Carver.

But Carl, I mean Kale, you get the pucture. He is a bad man. #nosourgrapesiniowa.

This whole "Cael is a victim" thing is getting WAY old....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro