Sign in to follow this  
swoopdown

Stall Camp

How did I miss this when it first came out? Brilliant! And it's not about Suriano.

http://www.flowrestling.org/video/986816-world-premiere-of-stall-camp#.WY2uc0EpDYU

My favorite line:

Physics- Wayne Newton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by swoopdown

I think the funniest part about stall camp is all the people who dont realize its a comedy bit. Read some social media comments about it, absolutly hilarious. I mean seriously, how can you not know the thing is a bit? "What was that? Was that a shot? 10 backwards laps now!"

The "believers" are almost as funny as the video itself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Greg Warren wrestled out of Kirkwood High School in Missouri, I believe (also where this was shot if I'm not mistaken). Fun fact, Kirkwood is the Alma Mater or recent 2x NCAA qualifier Stephen Doty of Virginia. Such a fun fact, I know..

Greg Warren wrestled out of Kirkwood High School in Missouri, I believe (also where this was shot if I'm not mistaken). Fun fact, Kirkwood is the Alma Mater or recent 2x NCAA qualifier Stephen Doty of Virginia. Such a fun fact, I know..

Warren was also an AA at Mizzou.

A little surprised Derek St John or Tsirtsis didn't give the stall lesson! Pretty funny vid, I guess :D

A personal anecdote: When I wrestled in the Army I stalled my ass off quite a bit, waiting for the other guy to make a mistake. I was too out of shape to wrestle 100% like when I was a kid. Worked well for me, was 12-1 before the coach kicked me off the team (for never, even once, attending practice).

Edited by TobusRex

If Daniel Lewis took a 1 minute 29 second lung time out in the third period against Joseph he would have very likely won that match and faced massa in the semis. Vinzenzo would not have picked down so he would have basically gotten a free rest time. Some may call that stalling, some may call that smart wrestling. If ever there is a hint of smart wrestling to be had, Brian Smith will likely walk the opposite direction, though.

If Daniel Lewis took a 1 minute 29 second lung time out in the third period against Joseph he would have very likely won that match and faced massa in the semis. Vinzenzo would not have picked down so he would have basically gotten a free rest time. Some may call that stalling, some may call that smart wrestling. If ever there is a hint of smart wrestling to be had, Brian Smith will likely walk the opposite direction, though.

You do realize that a wrestler can't simply "take" injury time, the official has to grant it, right?

I think every pre-season referee's meeting should have this video as mandatory viewing. The Warren brothers hit the nail on the head.

How many times have we watched supposedly great NCAA referees stand there with their whistle in their mouth doing absolutely nothing while top tier D1 wrestlers are doing exactly what this tongue in cheek video mocks. Over and over guys playing the edge, faking shots while doing nothing, backing up right off the whistle, and on and on.

It wouldn't hurt for the rules committee guys to watch this also.