Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

Suriano, the move is off?

Sources are stating the Suriano's are meeting at PSU today.    Word is the grass may be greener as a Nittany Lion than down a year of eligibility.    Big time division 1 college athletics hardball   at its best.  

As a Cael fan I expect he'll let the kid come back and not penalize him for his dad's terrible judgment.   Perhaps make him say grace at all team meals .       More as details emerge.   

Nick's mom and dad apparently met yesterday with Cael Sanderson and the Athletic Director, Sandy Barbour. Several people who claim insider status indicate Nick may stay at PSU. I even read one post claiming PSU has or will be filing something against RU. No telling how accurate any of this is, but it seems to allege or imply tampering. 

Edited by TBar1977

Glad you brought that up.  The tampering thing is something some have mentioned (photo in a Rutgers singlet recently for example as well as contact earlier).        I don't want to see Nick lose any time or for Rutgers to get into any trouble, But if rules were broken as some have indicated, let the cookie crumble as it may.    

I highly doubt Cael would punish the kid, unless it was a "suspension" and he had to miss the first open of the year...

Cael wouldn't punish Nick. If RU tampered then I am guessing Barbour would send something to the Big10 and the league would deal with RU. Someone speculated that at least part of yesterday's meeting was to get the facts straight in case a filing had to be made. 

Just relaying what is written elsewhere. I have no knowledge of anything myself. I can barely find my bookmark to get back to this website. 

Punish him for what?  They literally did everything they could to keep him there, knowing full well his only other choice was Rutgers.  Even if they didn't grant him the release the consequences would have been the exact same as soon as they said we support the B1G rules regarding intra-transfers.  

You don't punish a kid for doing everything you can to stop him going somewhere else.  What you do is spend time with him to find a way to be happy to stay there!

Cael wouldn't punish Nick. If RU tampered then I am guessing Barbour would send something to the Big10 and the league would deal with RU. Someone speculated that at least part of yesterday's meeting was to get the facts straight in case a filing had to be made. 

Just relaying what is written elsewhere. I have no knowledge of anything myself. I can barely find my bookmark to get back to this website. 

I was more so responding to Cletus, because I found it funny to even mention if Cael would or wouldn't punish him.

Punish him for what?  They literally did everything they could to keep him there, knowing full well his only other choice was Rutgers.  Even if they didn't grant him the release the consequences would have been the exact same as soon as they said we support the B1G rules regarding intra-transfers.  

You don't punish a kid for doing everything you can to stop him going somewhere else.  What you do is spend time with him to find a way to be happy to stay there!

Conduct detrimental to the team.      

But as stated in my opening post, if Nick does return to PSU, I believe Cael will forego any punishment and he will work with him to help with growth and personal improvment from this point forward.     Cael has shown that to be in his character in the past and I believe that to be true this time around.     

Again, that's a big IF Nick returns to the team.    There's still some things to sort out remaining and we just don't know at time how it's going to work out.    

Try to not get so worked up over these things buddy, it has to be bad for your blood pressure.  

Conduct detrimental to the team.      

We have to remember, based off of a number of things (how Cael operates, how Suriano is quiet on the social media platforms, and how wrestling is in the dark) almost everything we have to go off of, is hearsay and simply articles. Wrestling is huge on "inside sources" and it never gets past that.

For all we know, Nick was thinking about leaving, it got blown way out of proportion because of how stacked PSU is and there success the past 10 years, and no one on the team blinks an eye about the matter if Nick stays.

Hard to say how it will effect the locker room.  There have been no statements by any of the particulars involved. The only talk has come from 3rd parties. The only thing we know as fact is that Penn State gave him a release. So it is obvious that he thought about leaving.

Everything else is speculation. I have not seen a quote from NS or his family on the situation. I just hope when the dust settles Nick Suriano is happy in his choice. If he doesn't want to be at Penn State forfeiting a year of competition really isn't that big of price to pay to be happy. If he is happy at Penn State, I am sure he will move forward unaffected.

Makes the tampering charge look even worse for Rutgers.

It appears this wasn't about leaving PSU so much as it was about (people trying to get Nick to) joining RU, except there were always going to be huge obstacles to joining RU and a strict process involved with all that and maybe a lot of stuff got sidestepped and playing fast and loose with the rules, if that is what happened, that doesn't cut it. 

Edited by TBar1977

Cletus' commentary here is way off, imo. If Nick stays put at PSU there is no way he is getting punished. 

Keep in mind I'm stating I don't believe Cael will punish him.      I do believe things will smooth over because it's out that it's the old man who wants to pull him for his own reasons.   I don't think I'm breaking any ground to say it's ego related.   If anything I think hos team mates may view him as a victim here.    As usual MSU158 has taken that to mean a punishment is in order and he has his narrative to slam Cael over.   I don't see punishment arising from this but of course it remains to be seen. 

Keep in mind I'm stating I don't believe Cael will punish him.      I do believe things will smooth over because it's out that it's the old man who wants to pull him for his own reasons.   I don't think I'm breaking any ground to say it's ego related.   If anything I think hos team mates may view him as a victim here.    As usual MSU158 has taken that to mean a punishment is in order and he has his narrative to slam Cael over.   I don't see punishment arising from this but of course it remains to be seen. 

That's great. You don't think PSU will punish him. Nobody else had the thought even enter their mind. 

Haha....hilarious....Suriano went from the guy who was a "loner" on his own, problems with the coaches, it would be best for. him to leave - all the adult drama - to NOW being PSU wants him badly and the locker room will be even stronger because they almost lost him, everything is great.  This is getting even more hilarious by the day -Thanks for the humor TMZ.