Sign in to follow this  
SC_Wrestling

McKenna Transfer

I have no clue about what is occurring in his life, but I can only suspect that after last year's NCAA run he felt he needed to make a change. And perhaps he feels that the Ohio State Wrestling room, and all that which is included, will help him get back to where he feels he needs to be.

Yes, he was their last champ in 2004.

Also, is McKenna even a lock to start at Ohio State? Can he beat Micah Jordan and/or Ke-Shawn Hayes?

He definitely beats Hayes

Doesn't matter, as he and Micah are both bumping

With that lineup, they have an AA threat at every weight class and 7 possible finalists. Crazy that they aren't the favorites. Penn State is just that good.

He definitely beats Hayes

Doesn't matter, as he and Micah are both bumping

With that lineup, they have an AA threat at every weight class and 7 possible finalists. Crazy that they aren't the favorites. Penn State is just that good.

Is PSU Really that big of a favorite anymore?

I see tOSU as being heavily favored at 125,133,141,197, and 285

PSU favored at 149, 157, 165, 174, and 184 with 174 and 184 not being definite as Bojo has beaten Hall and we all know how Nickal has done against Martin.

Throw in Nato at 125 even IF Suriano stays at PSU I give the edge to tOSU.

I think people are seriously over valuing PSU becuase of them having 5 returning champs, but if tOSU does in fact pull of 7 finalists, it will be very tough for PSU to beat that..

Edited by BigTenFanboy

tOSU dream line-up, the one that has Nato at 125, also has lots of guys making weight shifts. How will Nato and Pletcher do moving down? How will McKenna and Micah do moving up? My guess for all is they will do pretty darn well, but are we talking runner up good for a guy like Micah or 6th place good? Nato champ good or 3rd? In what looks to be a much tighter race than we'd have thought right after last year's NCAAs, these kinds of point swings will be huge. 

Assuming PSU has Suriano, it is hard to see them scoring a lot less than they did last year. Even if some of their 5 champs don't repeat, Suriano probably makes up those points. So tOSU realistically needs to be looking at 145 to win. Not impossible.... 

PSU favorite

tOSU strong 2nd and if they place that way maybe the best 2nd place team ever (or highest scoring at least).

Edit to add-Snyder may need to start pinning people this year. More bonus.

Edited by KTG119