• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#41 johndoe

johndoe

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

their*...and one who's a straight shooter and calls it the way that it truly is. I could debate and win...with evidence...nearly every wrong accusation about PD3.   But, just like the liberal media and the goofs who believe them about Trump, it would only fall on deaf ears.  The wrestling community is so wrong about PD3 that its literally comical. All I know is this...this Irishman will be a  D1 natty champ, world champ, Olympic champ and UFC champ. Good night.

Actually it's neither "there" nor "their". It would be a "A dad that loves his son". Now there are some confused young people that like being called they instead of he or she, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not one of them. 

A world class chess player? I'm going to assume this is hyperbole. What's his chess rating? I don't see him listed in the top 100 players in the US and google turns up no chess tournament results. 

Edited by johndoe, 18 August 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#42 PD2

PD2

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

Actually it's neither "there" nor "their". It would be a "A dad that loves his son". Now there are some confused young people that like being called they instead of he or she, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not one of them. 

A world class chess player? I'm going to assume this is hyperbole. What's his chess rating? I don't see him listed in the top 100 players in the US and google turns up no chess tournament results. 

Touche on the grammar...'world class' was a hyperbole; however, feel free to test your game.   p.s.  Wouldn't it be a dad 'who loves his son?"

Edited by PD2, 18 August 2017 - 04:36 PM.

Is there a  reason that I can no longer post?

#43 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Pat Downey is playing chess, while all his haters are playing checkers.  

#44 johndoe

johndoe

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Touche on the grammar...'world class' was a hyperbole; however, feel free to test your game.   p.s.  Wouldn't it be a dad 'who loves his son?"

That's a good question. I think either would be acceptable.

Chess is a good game, but I'm an average player on a good day. I respect a man that takes the time to climb the rankings in chess like your son has climbed the rankings in wrestling. I'm not an Iowa fan, but I wish your son the best this year and in the future. Cheers

Edited by johndoe, 18 August 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#45 PD2

PD2

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Pat Downey is playing chess, while all his haters are playing checkers.  

Amen.

#46 PD2

PD2

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

That's a good question. I think either would be acceptable.

Chess is a good game, but I'm an average player on a good day. I respect a man that takes the time to climb the rankings in chess like your son has climbed the rankings in wrestling. I'm not an Iowa fan, but I wish your son the best this year and in the future. Cheers

Thank you...and with regard to the grammar discourse...in this context, I think 'who' trumps 'that'...but what do I know...I'm just a mechanical engineering graduate from The Johns Hopkins University. :)

#47 BigTenFanboy

BigTenFanboy

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Thank you...and with regard to the grammar discourse...in this context, I think 'who' trumps 'that'...but what do I know...I'm just a mechanical engineering graduate from The Johns Hopkins University. :)

You're more than just that. You're a BAMF! And your son is too! The BAMFIEST BAMF of all Bamfs!
  • powershouse likes this

#48 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:09 PM

Wow, pleasant news.   Not a fan of Iowa much, but I do like this move and I believe it could be a good fit for all parties.       I wasn't going to pay much attention to the Hawks this coming season, but that may now change.    

#49 IronChef

IronChef

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:56 PM

"Charges dropped" is not the same as "didn't happen."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Yellow_Medal and ThatLogSchuteWasCarrying like this

#50 Fishhook

Fishhook

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

their*...and one who's a straight shooter and calls it the way that it truly is. I could debate and win...with evidence...nearly every wrong accusation about PD3.   But, just like the liberal media and the goofs who believe them about Trump, it would only fall on deaf ears.  The wrestling community is so wrong about PD3 that its literally comical. All I know is this...this Irishman will be a  D1 natty champ, world champ, Olympic champ and UFC champ. Good night.

WTF does this have to do with Trump?  Why paint everyone that doesn't see it your way as a liberal?  Some people, don't give a F^%$%$.   There isn't anyone on either side representing me,,,but if you feel that way about it, cool. But what did that have to do with this?  

Oh and good on your son and good luck to him.  

• Yellow_Medal likes this

#51 scribe

scribe

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:58 AM

How does mudflap feel bout this? And does this mean dad and son will be hitting flap's tabbin cabin before or after the meats?
  • squeek and Yellow_Medal like this

"This space for rent"

#52 PD2

PD2

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:58 AM

"Charges dropped" is not the same as "didn't happen."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In that case it most certainly was.  Its a good thing the other kid was a minor, just like PD3, or I would have swore out charges against him for making false statements. And, just so you all know, regarding the two other charges in Baltimore City, I would think the wrestling community would stand behind a 17 year old 171 lb high school junior for kicking the crap out of a Naval Academy 215 lb varsity outside linebacker who was trying to throw his age and size around by shoving PD3 out of the way and trying to grind his girlfriend on the dance floor.  The Naval Academy guys should have been in their dorms on a Thurs night, not in Baltimore provoking teenagers.  Now, the other incident..the one where the Towson State lax player lost some teeth...well, that's because he and his four friends surrounded PD3 and my now son-in-law while they were walking through the parking lot to get to my house for a 2pm Thanksgiving Day dinner.  The college guy threw the first punch at PD3.  The lessons here are don't mess with wrestlers and don't believe what other people say.  We know what really happened. 

#53 Missourimatman

Missourimatman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:02 AM

So a Naval Academy linebacker should be in the dorms on a Thursday, but a 17 year old high school junior should be out dancing?
  • tec87 and JHRoseWrestling like this

#54 IronChef

IronChef

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:27 AM

The best/worst part of this whole PD2 situation is that he continues to push the narrative that PD3 is nothing but a smart, hardworking kid who has had a mathematically impossible string of bad fortune.
  • tightwaist likes this

#55 VakAttack

VakAttack

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

*sticks head in refrigerator and repeatedly slams door*

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
  • tightwaist, LoStNuMbEr, silver-medal and 9 others like this

Collegiate Wrestling's Premier Thought Leader

#56 southend

southend

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

I cant wait for the season to get started this year! The Pennsylvania state threads, on this site,are all going to be playing second fiddle to the new star of THE MAT. And who would a thought?

#57 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,648 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:08 AM

The best/worst part of this whole PD2 situation is that he continues to push the narrative that PD3 is nothing but a smart, hardworking kid who has had a mathematically impossible string of bad fortune.

HCSU13-series-unfortunate-events-box-120L9780061119064.JPG
And I thought this series was found in the Fiction section.

Edited by MadMardigain, 19 August 2017 - 06:09 AM.

#58 Angry_Fish

Angry_Fish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

The new Mike Evans.  I hope he grows a stache.

"The bye to the WTT finals is not an advantage."   --- BraunnMann

#59 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

All i know is that if Downey somehow does make it to March in Iowa singlet he will have worked his ass off for the next six months. Tom Brands runs the show, not PD2 or PD3. Keep your mouths shut, get rid of social media until next April and focus on the right things. Your son might achieve his goal training in the Iowa room. Time to grow up!

#60 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

If he gets in shape will his body be able to handle it? It might get confused and explode his kidneys or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users