CoachWrestling

Pat Downey To Iowa Official

I really don't like when people use this argument. Most people wouldn't express there negative thoughts face to face and in person. It's a little thing called etiquette and tact. The anonymity of the internet allows people to express their true thoughts without the public backlash having their opinions which is why you see that the internet world is nowhere near as progressive as the public world likes to pretend it is.

I don't give a **** what you like. You can explain away your cowardice all you like. Fact is, you're an internet troll who loves to mock while behind the veil of anonymity.

Would you do the same in person? No chance.

Your "true thoughts" are mocking "BAMF" posts? No, you're a clown mocking a young guy who accomplished more in 20 years than you will in your entire life.

You (and others on here) are all too happy to play judge and jury for someone you don't know.

I wonder how many of you would feel the same of all of your dirty laindry was aired, and you had anonymous strangers commenting as if they know the whole situation?

Maybe the dad is over the top, an *******, whatever. He's not his son, so don't pin it on the kid.

Regarding Iowa, didn't Saint Cael take in Andrew Long? Of Long were a .500 wrestler, would he have been welcomed into Hapoy Valley? No shot.

If you went after everyone that ever used that term, you'd likely have to take on 95% of these message boards.

Who are you, some anonymous jerkoff who goes out of his way to be an ******* on here, to judge anyone?

So your take is that it's ok to do if you think other people are doing it?

I don't give a **** what you like. You can explain away your cowardice all you like. Fact is, you're an internet troll who loves to mock while behind the veil of anonymity.

Your "true thoughts" are mocking "BAMF" posts? No, you're a clown mocking a young guy who accomplished more in 20 years than you will in your entire life.

You (and others on here) are all too happy to play judge and jury for someone you don't know.

I wonder how many of you would feel the same of all of your dirty laindry was aired, and you had anonymous strangers commenting as if they know the whole situation?

Maybe the dad is over the top, an *******, whatever. He's not his son, so don't pin it on the kid.

Regarding Iowa, didn't Saint Cael take in Andrew Long? Of Long were a .500 wrestler, would he have been welcomed into Hapoy Valley? No shot.

Would I mock someone in person face to face? Probably not. Its rude and disrespectful. I can 100% guarantee that you don't express all you're negative opinions on people directly in person and face to face. If you claim that you do youre a liar.

As for my accomplishments in life, I would beg to differ. While yes hes certainly a more successful wrestler than I was, Ive been in a successful marriage for 15 years and have 3 kids who are great students and dont get in trouble at school. I've started and run my own successful business which employees over 20 people. I've coached hundreds of kids and made a positive impact in real life on many athletes in many youth sports, not just wrestling. I can tell you that the real world would view me as having accomplished a whole lot more than PD3 has.

As for having others play judge and jury on myself, NO I wouldn't like it at all. It would absolutely suck, however that comes with the territory when youre a public figure and create storms on social media. As for me mocking PD3? When did I do that? I replied to his father saying both he and his son are BAMFS, things that his father himself has said. I haven't pinned anything on PD3.

The Andrew Long situation was a mistake on Cael's part just like it was a mistake for Grandview to take him. News flash, Cael isnt perfect. He likes everyone else can make mistakes. Would he have been taken on those teams if he were a sub .500 wrestler? Probably not. I have no issues with Iowa taking PD3. I hope for his sake he does well and stays out of trouble. I'm more curious to see if certain Iowa fans who were trashing him months ago will suddenly fall in love with him now that hes a Hawkeye.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Who do you think taught him chess? Do you honestly think that I feel obligated to answer all of your questions; or, are you just chumming? lol I can see right through, pal. You now know all that you need to know...its official. p.s 'THE' Johns Hopkins University offers classes in absolutely everything....medicine, engineering, and, especially, theoretical particle physics...which, btw, I received an 'A'. Peace, troll.

Starting to think a trip didn't even happen. Online chess apps and websites can teach even a monkey how to play chess lol you won't answer my very simple questions that I'm sure a lot of people would generally ask a kid on how a recruiting trip went lol and that's cool that they teach all those classes. Really proud of you buddy. Still doesn't mean they teach a class on comprehensive reading and critical thinking skills lol cause if you had any of those classes under your belt you'd clearly see that the only reason people keep bothering you is cause it's funny and comical to them and they can make jokes about you lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're on the same page...time to go dark, dig deep, and get work done. Don't like your posts about my boy, but when you're right; you're right.

Well now, that was a very rational response. I appreciate that. We all know your boy is a talented wrestler. It's just all the stuff on the side that he says and does that holds him back. Same goes for you #2.

I understand wanting to stick up for your son no matter what. He was created by you, with your own blood. Maybe the best thing you can do for him is lead by example these next six months. Work just as hard as he will have to in the Iowa room. No one knows him better than you, so use that in a positive manner. Maybe if he sees the good things you are doing everyday he will feed off that. Afterall he has been looking up at you for nearly 26 years! Im not trying to tell you how to be, just giving some positive things to think about. Remember how big of a privilege it is to wear that Iowa singlet or even be in the room with those warriors. Zero room for error! Its going to be tough. Can he do it? Make me a believer!

The best part about ignoring BigTenFanboy is that i dont have to read his posts. :)

The best part about reading you're posts is you expose the hypocrite that you are and you dont even realise it. Ignore my posts all you want. It doesn't mean they don't exist. Continue to live you're life in denial.

Well now, that was a very rational response. I appreciate that. We all know your boy is a talented wrestler. It's just all the stuff on the side that he says and does that holds him back. Same goes for you #2.

I understand wanting to stick up for your son no matter what. He was created by you, with your own blood. Maybe the best thing you can do for him is lead by example these next six months. Work just as hard as he will have to in the Iowa room. No one knows him better than you, so use that in a positive manner. Maybe if he sees the good things you are doing everyday he will feed off that. Afterall he has been looking up at you for nearly 26 years! Im not trying to tell you how to be, just giving some positive things to think about. Remember how big of a privilege it is to wear that Iowa singlet or even be in the room with those warriors. Zero room for error! Its going to be tough. Can he do it? Make me a believer!

None of this would apply and be true if he was going to another school. Face it you're doing exactly what I said you would which is suddenly becoming a PD3 fan only because hes now a Hawkeye after bashing him.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

So your take is that it's ok to do if you think other people are doing it?

No, other people don't sway me much. Nice straw man.

You can say whatever you want in this country, and the majority of the perpetually offended are hypocrites.

My point was this guy has had his dirty laundry out for all to see, but I'd guess those bashing on here would disappear of every flaw they had was under a spotlight.

you are angrily confronting people for supporting Pat Downey for the sole reason that he is a hawkeye.....but your tag clearly states that you yourself are a mindless homer (your posts bare this interpretation as well).

So basically, you celebrate what you detest.

Edited by hammerlockthree

No one has really mentioned this, but this kid did a few training camps for big competition under Dennis Hall and had no problems.  For those of you who know Dennis, he doesnt put up with a losers mentality.  Him and Brands are tight too.  If Dennis can handle him, Im sure Iowa can too.

you are angrily confronting people for supporting Pat Downey for the sole reason that he is a hawkeye.....but your tag clearly states that you yourself are a mindless homer (your posts bare this interpretation as well).

So basically, you celebrate what you detest.

So I'm a mindless homer?

Please tell me who I'm a mindless homer for?

Find a single post of mine where I blindly support anyone? 

I've stated on these forums I am a PSU fan, but am a fan of the wrestlers individually first.  

I have spoken against PSU when I disagree with things they do.

I admire and respect Cael and his program, but I don't believe they are above criticism. 

I've gotten into arguments with PSU fans as well when they're being equally hypocritical. 

Yes my username has fanboy in it. Yours is hammerlock. Does that mean you're actually a hammerlock?

Oh, they count...but guess what...they've been EXPUNGED.  Want to know why, because he was a 17th year old high school junior who defended himself against a lying punk college lax lacrosse player that threw the first punch and who, along with four of his buddies, surrounded the wrong two high school wrestlers.  Why don't you find a f'n ballerina forum?  Get lost ass****.

The WHY is because he was under the legal age for being an Adult. Nothing at all to do with his excuses, lies or changing story.

You might spend less time trying to make excuses and let the past quietly die out since your stories keep getting more grandiose with the re-telling.  Seeing how you post and the questionable actions of "your boy" you both appear to be headed for trouble.

Hey, I love the support for my boy...and its greatly appreciated; but, please tell me, other than defend my boy, wtf have I ever done or said to any troll? SMH

The WHY is because he was under the legal age for being an Adult. Nothing at all to do with his excuses, lies or changing story.

You might spend less time trying to make excuses and let the past quietly die out since your stories keep getting more grandiose with the re-telling.  Seeing how you post and the questionable actions of "your boy" you both appear to be headed for trouble.

Dude, you're a dead f/n clown...you have no knowledge of the criminal justice system.  He was charged as an adult because he f'd the kid so badly....no weapons, just three, very accurate, short jabs...just like big daddy taught him.  Maybe you raised your son to be a punk, but I didn't.

Edited by PD2

Go to your room, loser.

Will Downey...

be the 1st wrestler to compete for Iowa Central, Iowa State and Iowa

if not, will he be the 1st to AA for all 3

keep that 1986 Duane Goldman flow/mullet

I'm a Penn State alumni, so the Nit in me doesn't see him beating "the string bean" if he's at 184.  However, he'll bring a lot to either the 184 or 197 weight class, with a good opportunity to finish very high on the podium.

Hey, I love the support for my boy...and its greatly appreciated; but, please tell me, other than defend my boy, wtf have I ever done or said to any troll? SMH

I didn't say you were, I was referring to some of these guys attacking your son because you piss them off.

My point was, even if you were an ahole, that has no bearing to the son.

why is he never in shape?

LOL...beat Gabe Dean and several other All Americans after not wrestling a live match for three months...qualified for the WTT....how many other college big shots accomplished that.  Dude, you really need to shut the f*** up, because you're making yourself look like a p***y.