CoachWrestling

Pat Downey To Iowa Official

Mr Genius.

The picture that shows the score 6-6 is a clickable link to a YouTube video.

If you click on the picture, it will take you to the youtube video.

If you watch the entire video you will see PD3 defeat Gabe Dean by a score of 7-6.

Now I have a few more directions for you.

1. Open your mouth

2. Grab your foot (either one.. left or right)

3. Proceed to shove your foot directly into your open mouth.

Sir, what does it feel like getting trolled?

wersm-interview-mashup-microphone-657x36

Sir, what does it feel like getting trolled?

wersm-interview-mashup-microphone-657x36

It's a piss poor job of trolling. Insulting yourself is not good trolling. You're supposed to make the other person look stupid, not yourself. Hammerlockthree your posts continually show your absolute lack of any intelligence. The best you an ever come up with is "youre stupid" and "whatever." And FYI, those two guys sitting on the roof in the video that you posted... They're talking about you.

Come up with a real comeback. If you try hard enough I know you can do it.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

This really is an upside all for Downey and relative low risk-high reward for Iowa since they would have him for a short time. Downey appears to be driven to win an NCAA title and as a result and the restrictions placed on him to try and attain that goal, it's forcing him to get his butt in gear school wise and get his undergrad completed first. Say what you want about him or his dad(I'm not the biggest fans of their actions or their posts online) but it would be good to see the kid ultimately get his degree at least.

He talked about how "driven" he was last year too...

I'll believe it when I see it.  So far he is 1 for 3 for not screwing up.  Though the 1 time he did manage to keep it together it was also a spring semester enrollment.  So I wouldn't be super surprised if he pulls it off.

that is true, and actually its a vast overstatement, its more like 1/100th.

Dean also had to contend with making 184 all season while Downey did not. At 189 with a day prior weigh-in that's the equivalent of 197 in college. That's why I don't think Downey could touch Gabe Dean in college at 184. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Gabe Dean has 1/10th Downey's freestyle experience.

Based upon what evidence?  Dean was Jr World Bronze; Downey Jr World Silver.  Downey hadn't wrestled a live match in three months; Dean had just come off a complete NCAA season.  Quit trying to make excuses for him.

that is true, and actually its a vast overstatement, its more like 1/100th.

Wrestling is wresting; only folk style is sloppy and creates bad habits...free style is much cleaner and more technique-sensitive.  Score should have been 9-6, not 7-6.

He talked about how "driven" he was last year too...

I'll believe it when I see it.  So far he is 1 for 3 for not screwing up.  Though the 1 time he did manage to keep it together it was also a spring semester enrollment.  So I wouldn't be super surprised if he pulls it off.

3 for 4: Jr World Silver medalist; undefeated JUCO natty champ; D! AA (5th). 

Dean also had to contend with making 184 all season while Downey did not. At 189 with a day prior weigh-in that's the equivalent of 197 in college. That's why I don't think Downey could touch Gabe Dean in college at 184. 

Do you realize how much time Dean had to adjust to get to 189 for the Open?  Are you a screwball? Downey had been training to compete at 84 for NCAAs and would have been the HAMMER at 184 this past NCAA.  Please, your excuses for this guy are pathetic.

Edited by PD2

189 in freestyle is the equivalent of 197 in college. Pat wrestled that high, Gabe Dean never has because he simply wasn't big enough. Do you really think a month is enough time to put that kind of muscle mass on after being a career 184??

Gabe Dean 3,1,1, 2 at 184. Patrick Downey -, -, 5 at 197. The facts strongly support my opinion that Gabe Dean would of been a heavy favorite at 184 in college.

You act like Pat beat him in the finals, Gabe took 7th at the US Open, not 2nd, so he lost multiple times. Obviously he wasn't at the same level in freestyle as he was in college. You know who did take 2nd, a guy that was never an All American in college. Yea but freestyle and folk are the same.

Pat has yet to prove he can maintain 184 and I think if he tries this year, he is going to have gassing issues.  The day before weigh-ins suit his lifestyle much better because booze, weed and public fornication is not conducive to maintaining a large weigh cut.  

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Do you realize how much time Dean had to adjust to get to 189 for the Open?  Are you a screwball? Downey had been training to compete at 84 for NCAAs and would have been the HAMMER at 184 this past NCAA.  Please, your excuses for this guy are pathetic.

You need to calm down.

no one has to make excuses for him. PD3 can go undefeated next year, and he still wouldn't be Gabe Dean. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

189 in freestyle is the equivalent of 197 in college. Pat wrestled that high, Gabe Dean never has because he simply wasn't big enough. Do you really think a month is enough time to put that kind of muscle mass on after being a career 184??

Gabe Dean 3,1,1, 2 at 184. Patrick Downey -, -, 5 at 197. The facts strongly support my opinion that Gabe Dean would of been a heavy favorite at 184 in college.

You act like Pat beat him in the finals, Gabe took 7th at the US Open, not 2nd, so he lost multiple times. Obviously he wasn't at the same level in freestyle as he was in college. You know who did take 2nd, a guy that was never an All American in college. Yea but freestyle and folk are the same.

Pat has yet to prove he can maintain 184 and I think if he tries this year, he is going to have gassing issues.  The day before weigh-ins suit his lifestyle much better because booze, weed and public fornication is not conducive to maintaining a large weigh cut.  

Dude, lay off the booze, the drugs and the hookers...Downey will bust 84 wide open...too much horsepower for any of those bummms.

no one has to make excuses for him. PD3 can go undefeated next year, and he still wouldn't be Gabe Dean. 

Now, that is truly prophetic. Who was your instructor, Socrates, Aristotle, da Vinci?  Truly, a profound statement. 

And yet he would still have that tiny little thing we call a head to head win. :)