CoachWrestling

Pat Downey To Iowa Official

I don't believe Downey has won a single tournament (FS or Folk) since his JUCO days.   

But he did qualify for the World Team Trials...TWICE.   LMAO

Edited by PD2

But he did qualify for the World Team Trials...TWICE.   LMAO

I'm just not sure his first tournament win in years will come at Midlands (Zahid), Big Tens (Nickal), or NCAAs.  Here are some tournaments for Pat to consider this year:

Duhawk Open

Grand View Open

Lindenwood Open

Luther Open

Pat Flanagan Open

Missouri Valley College Open

UNI Open

If that doesn't go well, he can enter the Northern Plains regional tournament to repeat his 2014 performance. 

Let's get real. Downey is not beating Bo Nickal or Zahid Valencia. Lol. 

Of course not...I mean, after all, pinning 2x'er Quentin Wright at the U.S. Open {after training WITH ONLY HIMSELF AND HIS HIGH ALTITUDE MASK after Iowa Central's season ended}, and, just recently, beating another 2x'er, Gabe Dean, at yet another U.S. Open (after not wrestling for three months and 'only' working on a farm with Ben Provisor...who, incidentally, was cornering him in both of those matches), well, shucks, that should surely be completely overlooked. :) Let me tell all you punks something; PD3 has THE MOST UPSIDE POTENTIAL OF ANY COLLEGIATE/SR LEVEL WRESTLER IN THE COUNTRY.  Can you imagine what a healthy, in-wrestling-shape PD3 will do to Valencial and/or Nickal?  I can...he's going to beat the f'n snot out of them. 

Edited by PD2

Of course not...I mean, after all, pinning 2x'er Quentin Wright at the U.S. Open {after training WITH ONLY HIMSELF AND HIS HIGH ALTITUDE MASK after Iowa Central's season ended}, and, just recently, beating another 2x'er, Gabe Dean, at yet another U.S. Open (after not wrestling for three months and 'only' working on a farm with Ben Provisor...who, incidentally, was cornering him in both of those matches), well, shucks, that should surely be completely overlooked. :) Let me tell all you punks something; PD3 has THE MOST UPSIDE POTENTIAL OF ANY COLLEGIATE/SR LEVEL WRESTLER IN THE COUNTRY. Can you imagine what a healthy, in-wrestling-shape PD3 will do to Valencial and/or Nickal? I can...he's going to beat the f'n snot out of them.

Downey isn't beating anything out of Bo or Zahid. Probably struggle with guys like MyMar too.

Kollin Moore beats him easy at 197.

So what will happen after PD3 loses, never goes to Iowa, or gets booted off the team?

1. PD2 stays true to form and comes back with a truckload of excuses.

2. PD2 disappears, never to be heard from again.

If we could only be so lucky and get #2.

Of course not...I mean, after all, pinning 2x'er Quentin Wright at the U.S. Open {after training WITH ONLY HIMSELF AND HIS HIGH ALTITUDE MASK after Iowa Central's season ended}, and, just recently, beating another 2x'er, Gabe Dean, at yet another U.S. Open (after not wrestling for three months and 'only' working on a farm with Ben Provisor...who, incidentally, was cornering him in both of those matches), well, shucks, that should surely be completely overlooked. :) Let me tell all you punks something; PD3 has THE MOST UPSIDE POTENTIAL OF ANY COLLEGIATE/SR LEVEL WRESTLER IN THE COUNTRY. Can you imagine what a healthy, in-wrestling-shape PD3 will do to Valencial and/or Nickal? I can...he's going to beat the f'n snot out of them.

What are the odds the Downey gets drunk one night in Iowa City and ends up brawling with a cop, or decking some local yokel? (Dad would be proud though!)

I say it's 50/50 that he doesn't even wrestle next semester...let alone beat Nickal, Valencia or Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If?

Yeah, if the bad guy can pass all 21 credits this semester, earn his bachelors from ISU and get into grad school at Iowa.  He did 21 before in a fall semester to get his AA from Iowa Central and into ISU, so I'm betting on him. 

Edited by PD2

Yeah, if the bad guy can pass all 21 credits this semester, earn his bachelors from ISU and get into grad school at Iowa.  He did 21 before in a fall semester to get his AA from Iowa Central and into ISU, so I'm betting on him. 

Damn, that's a lot left.  Must have had a tough Spring/Summer.