48 - Susaki

53 - Mukaida

55 - Kit

58 - Koblova

60 - Kawai

63 - Purevdorj

69 - Dosho

75 - Adar

58kg will be a lot of fun. I think Helen will lose the strength & size advantage that she had at 53 but will have a better gas tank, though I'm not sure that will be as much of an advantage against technical wrestlers like Koblova and Amri. Alli Ragan I think will do well, but the competition will be expecting her inside trip by now, so hopefully she has some new weapons in her arsenal from Coach Smith. Tamyrah Mensah has also been on a little bit of a roll and will be in the mix with Dosho, Focken, Mamashuk etc. - should be very exciting. 

Btw, what happened to Mariya Stadnik, Sofia Mattsson, Petra Olli? I haven't been keeping up

Stadnik is clearly afraid of Susaki (just kidding... kinda). Petra is injured I think, Mattsson I don't really know.

Ha! I wonder if Stadnik is injured. She pinned and teched her way through Worlds, Olympics, Euro these past couple of years and only hit the wall against Tosaka. Did Susaki beat out Tosaka for the JPN team spot? 

Stadnik is a machine, it would have been friggin awesome to watch her and Susaki wrestling each other. 

Susaki didn't beat Tosaka for the spot, as far as I know the latter hasn't been competing since the Olympics. I heard that Tosaka is planning to move up a weight, it depends on what the new weights will be, I believe.

Stanik - Susaki would've been an awesome match!

I just saw that Maroulis and Koblova are on the same side of the bracket. Both should steamroll their way into the semis. The bottom side looks a bit tougher but I don't think anyone from that half will beat either Maroulis or Koblova. I hope it's Amri in the finals though since she's perhaps getting close to retiring.

Also noticed that Purevdorj has kind of a tough looking draw on the bottom bracket at 63. Same with Victoria Francis at 75.

I fell asleep waiting for the quarterfinals to start. 😑 Helen is really putting on a clinic! I'm expecting the championship match vs. Amri to be competitive, but also won't be surprised if Maroulis totally bulldozes her too.