Sign in to follow this  
Jasonmitchell32

Maroulis - unreal

Is she World Hodge Trophy??? She may be the best, and most dominant, in the world. Tech'd her way to a world title and up2 weight classes?!

(And for those who love to argue everything - I know there is no "world hodge trophy")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is she World Hodge Trophy??? She may be the best, and most dominant, in the world. Tech'd her way to a world title and up2 weight classes?!

(And for those who love to argue everything - I know there is no "world hodge trophy")

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If she doesn't win the equivalent of OW, then Foley needs to investigate the voting as well as the referees.  When he gets around to it.

She needs a title. Maybe something along the lines of:

“Helen of the House Maroulis, the First of Her Name, The UnTech'd, Queen of the Olympics, the World Championships, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons”.

Edited by headshuck

She is now on a mantle with our top names in our sport. I have to be honest I did not think a female wrestler could do that. Cael, Kyle, Jordan and Helen!!!!

I would say more along the lines of John, Bruce, Jordan, and Helen.  Neither Cael or Kyle has the accolades to belong in that group.

I would say more along the lines of John, Bruce, Jordan, and Helen.  Neither Cael or Kyle has the accolades to belong in that group.

Agree. But Cael's 7 coaching titles. I was just talking about recognizable names in our sport right now. Cael is the biggest name.

Absolutely incredible. Coach Kalika called her the best female wrestler pound for pound on the planet before the tournament, and I think this performance backs that statement up. I dont think it is even debateable. Three years, three different weights, three titles, first American to win Olympic gold and does it by beating the greatest female wrestler of all time (well, I guess now that title belongs to Icho, but..). Following up the greatest Olympic win in womens wrestling history with maybe the most dominant performance in history, and up two weights, I mean, there isnt enough hyperbole for that.

Male or female, I'm not sure there is a wrestler on the planet with so many different ways to score. Talk about an arsenal, incredible offense, amazing counters and scrambling, incredibly proficient freestyle top game with laces and turns, I dont even know what to say. Amazing technician. If/when my daughter is older and decides to wrestle we will be watching Maroulis highlights quite a bit!

Can someone PLEASE hire her to our men's coaching staff for the sole purpose of passing on that SICK footsweep. The one she hit in the finals...just wow

I've noticed that a number of US women wrestlers work a good amount of sweeps, trips and leg throws into their offense. At first I thought it was the judo crossovers like the Alo sisters, the Doi twins, Alli, Clarissa, Stephany Lee, Kristie Davis Marano, Randi Miller, Katie Downing, Ellie Keen, etc. but those types of leg attacks are quite integrated into our women's team arsenal. It's not even a WFS thing, though a number of female wrestlers from other countries do it too, its like the US women drill and develop those attacks along with their shots, snaps, ducks and so forth.

Can someone PLEASE hire her to our men's coaching staff for the sole purpose of passing on that SICK footsweep. The one she hit in the finals...just wow

Yes! And she hits it match after match. I'm sure people scout her out, and it's like it can't be stopped. She even hits it as counter offense. Really cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely incredible. Coach Kalika called her the best female wrestler pound for pound on the planet before the tournament, and I think this performance backs that statement up. I dont think it is even debateable. Three years, three different weights, three titles, first American to win Olympic gold and does it by beating the greatest female wrestler of all time (well, I guess now that title belongs to Icho, but..). Following up the greatest Olympic win in womens wrestling history with maybe the most dominant performance in history, and up two weights, I mean, there isnt enough hyperbole for that.

Male or female, I'm not sure there is a wrestler on the planet with so many different ways to score. Talk about an arsenal, incredible offense, amazing counters and scrambling, incredibly proficient freestyle top game with laces and turns, I dont even know what to say. Amazing technician. If/when my daughter is older and decides to wrestle we will be watching Maroulis highlights quite a bit!

Kinda makes one think that if someone trains strictly freestyle from a young age they might get pretty good at it.......  Hmmmm.......