MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

Valiev over Yasar, wanted Russian eliminated but that eliminates a Turk and they are in the team race too. Valiev will lose to Yazdani, Gostiyev from Azerbijian can still keep Valiev off the podium, so could work out very well for us.

Assuming Jden gets Silver and Valiev places 5th, that's only a 3 point difference. It should have been 9. Valiev did not win the 1/8th match.

6 free points to Russia. Total BS

Edited by Housebuye

But why am I complaining. Excited for USA. Three in the semis on day one with our "weaker" set. Definitely better than par, no?

Definitely.

We could end up with 3 medals. Gilman and Cox have winnable semis. Gwiz has a path to Bronze. Glad he has some time to recover after the semis. He looked dead in his last match towards the end

Assuming Jden gets Silver and Valiev places 5th, that's only a 3 point difference. It should have been 9. Valiev did not win the 1/8th match.

6 free points to Russia. Total BS

Absolutly agree. However, Russia will get nothing at 57 and probably nothing at 125, so that takes some sting out of it from a team standpoint.

Steiber will likely get pulled in, win his first repechage, then he has Khinchegashvilli to reach bronze match. Not sure he can beat him, but I think winning that first one would get him like 7th place points? Not ideal, but better than nothing.

We'll get points from all 4 guys, with our stronger, more experienced guys tomorrow.

Absolutly agree. However, Russia will get nothing at 57 and probably nothing at 125, so that takes some sting out of it from a team standpoint.

Steiber will likely get pulled in, win his first repechage, then he has Khinchegashvilli to reach bronze match. Not sure he can beat him, but I think winning that first one would get him like 7th place points? Not ideal, but better than nothing.

We'll get points from all 4 guys, with our stronger, more experienced guys tomorrow.

For sure. We can win this.

I still want it called fairly, whether it helps us or not.

I wanted Georgia to beat Russia at 61, but they made the right call giving him 2, not 4. Giving him 4 would've helped us, but been the wrong decision.

United States

USA

Russia

RUS

Iran

IRI

Slovakia

SVK

Turkey

TUR

Azerbaijan

AZE

Cuba

CUB

Bulgaria

BUL

Georgia

GEO

Japan

JPN

It may have been better for the team race for Rashidov to have lost, but I'm glad Logan will (likely) get some more matches. Hard to wish for a 1 and done just for the sake of the team race. We're still putting up a performance worth praising.