MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

Absolutely, thats terrible. Even worse, Russia was given a gift draw at 125, they will get 5th place points there, or a bronze if some fluke happens.

True, but I'm less annoyed by that. Jden and Gilman got good draws too.

The poor officiating is the issue.

What? Why are you blaming Missouri?

Mizzou coaches have consistently failed at teaching the neutral position. They are one of the best at teaching top, but that can only get you so far. I think they need to bring someone else in, or humble themselves and go to some world-level clinics and camps and learn what to do from the experts of the sport.

True, but I'm less annoyed by that. Jden and Gilman got good draws too.

The poor officiating is the issue.

I agree, but their is poor officiating every year and it almost always favors the Russians. I'm strictly thinking team title implications. 125 was a weight we counted ont he Russians getting nothing.

If Cox gets bronze, points wise its only a 1 point difference from silver.

Turkey gets eliminated at 86 with Valiev loss. I expected Turkey to be in 1st place after day 1, they got bounced early at 57 where some considered them a favorite, and a multiple time silver medalist out now too.

Mizzou coaches have consistently failed at teaching the neutral position. They are one of the best at teaching top, but that can only get you so far. I think they need to bring someone else in, or humble themselves and go to some world-level clinics and camps and learn what to do from the experts of the sport.

You know they have developed two Olympians, right? Both of whom have shown excellent neutral attacks?

I'm trying to figure out what this is baed on