MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

His political comment was dumb. I assume his grandfather served in Korea, but no reason to bring that up. That North Korean didn't do anything wrong. He happened to be born there. Wrestling shouldn't be about the conflict between our politicians.

I'd rather Gilman shake that guy's hand and build a bridge.

Other than that, happy for Gilman! He is a hard worker and took advantage of the situation. Hope he wins gold. Hope he doesn't say any racial slurs.

David Taylor: "Cox had the golden goose served on the Golden platter to be WC w/ that draw. He is too talented to have no fight down 6-1. Makes me sick."

Kevin Jackson: "Those who have competed in a World Championship understand how difficult it is to win the title. Very disappointed in lack of support 4 jden"

Edited by Crotalus

eeekkk and then Kevin Jackson with a quick throwback at him about those who haven't wrestled in the world championships.

Lol at Kevin Jackson. He sounds butt hurt. Everything Taylor said was true.

For the record, I'm a big Jden fan and wanted him to be our rep.

David Taylor: "Cox had the golden goose served on the Golden platter to be WC w/ that draw. He is too talented to have no fight down 6-1. Makes me sick."

Kevin Jackson: "Those who have competed in a World Championship understand how difficult it is to win the title. Very disappointed in lack of support 4 jden"

One thing's for sure--J'Den Cox would never have made that type of comment.  

Guest Kingsland

I still think it was in poor taste for Taylor to put that out there.

Logan beat Romanov the year Romanov won worlds.  Logan at his best can beat anybody. Today he clearly was not at his best. He and his coaches have to figure out why that is.  But Romanov would beat Kinch or Rashidov...and Logan at his best beat Romanov. Though perhaps Romanov had a bad match that day. I think the world has scouted Logan pretty good now is part of it. 

You can't underestimate how important this factor is.  Rashidov knew Logan would take a quick shot right away, he was ready for it.  Same with Cox, look back at how many of his opponents knew to step back on that single he shoots to his left.  They were all ready for it.  Also a bit strange that three separate opponents hit an arm throw on him, people do their homework when someone gets to the highest level.

Not saying Logan would have won without scouting and it was way more evident with Cox, but that's a huge factor for people who come "out of nowhere" and win a world medal. 

Did KJ delete his tweet? Could not find it. 

Wow!  For all the attacks on Gilman for saying stupid stuff, Taylor just jumped right to the top.  Complete lack of class.  Feel free to think that, but putting that out there for everyone to see just makes you look like a bitter whiner!

Yep. I think all USA fans are disappointed, but you should be there to support your fellow countryman. Especially considering that if Taylor hadn't jacked up J'den's knee, he may have been more prepared and ready to go (no way to prove that, of course).

Jackson is the one who sounds butt hurt?  While Taylor whines on social media about the guy who beat him?  But it's Jackson who is bitter?  

I think Cox has definitely disappointed.  But Taylor couldn't beat a hobbled Cox to win the spot, but he still feels comfortable taking pot shots from the sidelines.

I do think the officiating in DT's loss at trials was horrendous and understand his POV, but Taylor should not have tweeted that. Not the time and place for that, plus it just sounds too personal. 

Agreed. Some things are better left unsaid. 

Yep. I think all USA fans are disappointed, but you should be there to support your fellow countryman. Especially considering that if Taylor hadn't jacked up J'den's knee, he may have been more prepared and ready to go (no way to prove that, of course).

You make it sound like it was intentional. 

I liked Taylor's tweet. I hope he stands behind it. He has to back it up next year though and win the spot though.

I have preferred j'den as the rep, but after that performance and Taylor turning heel, I'm on team taylor.

When did David turn turn heel?