MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

Brackets up!

Looking at 57, Gilman has Ukraine, then most likely Iran. More than likely Azerbijian would be his 1/4 opponent if he makes it that far. Jong from PRK or Sanayev from Kazakistan look like probable other semi finalist up top.

Bottom side is nuts. Atli from Turkey vs Lomtadze, Georgia 1st round, and Tomar, India vs Uguev, Russia! Thats 4 of the bigger favorites here, and whoever emerges from those 1st round matches looks likely to meet in the quarters! Dubov is the only name I'm familiar with on bottom quarter.

Geez, I'm off today, can't believe I missed Erdenbat from Mongolia! Former medalist, likely 2nd round opponent for Atli vs Lomtadze winner. What a crazy quarter, only 1 of those 3 makes quarters to face either Uguev or Tomar, crazy!

Edited by MA_Wrestler

Gilman - DNP,  gets experience

Steiber - If he wins his first gets carried for a shot at third.

J'Den - Silver

Gwiz - DNP (waiting for Stevenson)

Gilman - curious to see if he has the athleticism for this weight. It is a athleticism weight class (Abas/Cejudo)

Steiber-  Tough but winnable first match. Bad style match-up versus a stud who will carry him through. 

J'Den - nice draw should get him to the finals. Will need score a TD, first, to win it. Flop sweat helps if he scores first.

Gwiz - All heavies are athletic these days. He still doesn't seem comfortable with FS.

As usual pre-tournament optimism gets tempered when draws come out and actual match-ups are to addressed. It is no longer "we will take first or medal at this weight", to a 'dam' that is a tough draw (see Steiber).

My .02 

[quote name="sgallan" post="

As usual pre-tournament optimism gets tempered when draws come out and actual match-ups are to addressed. It is no longer "we will take first or medal at this weight", to a 'dam' that is a tough draw (see Steiber).

My .02

My expectations and hopes haven't changed a bit with these draws. Cox has been expected to medal and contend for a title from jump street, that hasn't changed.

Said all along Steiber has the deepest toughest weight, he could win it, medal or not place with just about any draw. This draw doesn't change my hope or expectation.

Gilman and Gwiz need some help with draw and need to beat good, experienced wrestlers, probably our two least likely to medal all along. Draws haven't changed that.

3 of our 4 most likely to medal go day 2, including our two best shots at gold. If we have a respectable first day and stay within striking distance for day 2 we still have a shot at a team title.

Russia got some rough draws day 1. I'm predicting Turkey to be in first after day 1 with 4 legit medal threats and a likely champ, but don't know if they can keep it on day 2.

Gilman: has a decent draw, hopefully he can do something with it. I believe he can.

Stieber: well he just has to come out and be the destroyer of Worlds, no if's and's or but's about it. Hopefully it'll be many Chubs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the depth of the Slor this day.

Cox has a great draw and I think he'll do very well.

Gwiz, he looks like he should get through his early matches, the test will be if he can get deep enough to give himself a chance to medal. Hopefully he can do it.

Hopefully all of our guys can get their offense going and keep it going, and have a great tournament.

Gilman: has a decent draw, hopefully he can do something with it. I believe he can.

Stieber: well he just has to come out and be the destroyer of Worlds, no if's and's or but's about it. Hopefully it'll be many Chubs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the depth of the Slor this day.

Cox has a great draw and I think he'll do very well.

Gwiz, he looks like he should get through his early matches, the test will be if he can get deep enough to give himself a chance to medal. Hopefully he can do it.

Hopefully all of our guys can get their offense going and keep it going, and have a great tournament.

My expectations and hopes haven't changed a bit with these draws. Cox has been expected to medal and contend for a title from jump street, that hasn't changed.

Said all along Steiber has the deepest toughest weight, he could win it, medal or not place with just about any draw. This draw doesn't change my hope or expectation.

Gilman and Gwiz need some help with draw and need to beat good, experienced wrestlers, probably our two least likely to medal all along. Draws haven't changed that.

3 of our 4 most likely to medal go day 2, including our two best shots at gold. If we have a respectable first day and stay within striking distance for day 2 we still have a shot at a team title.

Russia got some rough draws day 1. I'm predicting Turkey to be in first after day 1 with 4 legit medal threats and a likely champ, but don't know if they can keep it on day 2.

Being optimistic is fine.

Sat is now Erdogan. If you're going to transfer into a country it's probably wise to pick the Dictator, I mean, President's name.

Why did you edit your post? I agree that Erdogan is a dictator, I despise him but the other stuff you wrote was 

out of line , anti Turk nonsense. Why not be a brave man and not delete it?

Why did you edit your post? I agree that Erdogan is a dictator, I despise him but the other stuff you wrote was

out of line , anti Turk nonsense. Why not be a brave man and not delete it?

What other "anti-Turk nonsense" did he say? Be specific.

Because @wrestlingphish apparently edited out all that stuff, retyped and reposted within a minute of his original post - and all while WFS was going on/the MFS brackets were released and a lot of people were reading the board. Just saying.

Look forward to waking up and eating my words in regards to Gwiz, Logie, and Gillmans early exits. Hope team USA kills it and they all make the finals, see yall at 8am central

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Psssssh