MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

Agreed. Some things are better left unsaid.

You make it sound like it was intentional.

Just accept the role as the villains. Enough of this "have fun" and thanking god before and after each match. PSU is the Yankees/Alabama Football of wrestling. I want to see more tweets like this.

Agreed. Some things are better left unsaid. 

You make it sound like it was intentional. 

I don't think he intentionally injured him. But I do think it was a bit dirty and a result of frustration from not being able to get through J'den's defense.

And if J'Den beats yet another nobody for bronze, he will get a bye to the finals at WTT....

Taylor has no other real competition at 86kg so the mini tourney excuse doesn't really work the way it did at 74kg. Hopefully the new weight classes will add a spot for Taylor where he doesn't have anyone better than him in his path.

Taylor has no other real competition at 86kg so the mini tourney excuse doesn't really work the way it did at 74kg. Hopefully the new weight classes will add a spot for Taylor where he doesn't have anyone better than him in his path.

As a fan, my only issue with adding more weights is the likelihood of the trials (or at least the finals) becoming a bit boring. More races for 2nd and whatnot. 

That being said, I'll gladly accept the trade off if it equals more medals and team titles. 

Edited by iGranby

I imagine part of the problem is Cox wasn't able to train as usual for quite some time thanks to Taylor taking out his knee. I'm not surprised to see him not wrestling 100% considering what he had to work with. Taylor is coming off more and more as a baby as time goes on. I hope when the new weights are released he ends up with dake again and misses another world team spot.

In fairness to Stieber, the two guys he lost to were light years better than anyone that the other Americans have wrestled excluding the Turkish Hvy who destroyed Gwiz.  Cox got caught in two of his matches and it cost him one.  He has wrestled well otherwise.  

Stieber had a brutal draw and couldn't overcome it.  That said--he looked over-matched.  

Put some weight back on that guy. He looked over matched and tired. I am a Stieber fan and that was a wicked draw, but he looks tired n old

Jackson is the one who sounds butt hurt?  While Taylor whines on social media about the guy who beat him?  But it's Jackson who is bitter?  

I think Cox has definitely disappointed.  But Taylor couldn't beat a hobbled Cox to win the spot, but he still feels comfortable taking pot shots from the sidelines.

They both do. Taylor should not have tweeted that, and certainly not right after the match. He is sometimes a bit of a hot head. 

There was no need for Jackson to get involved like that. He is a national team coach. No need to get into Twitter arguments with our athletes. Sounds like something our president would do.

I imagine part of the problem is Cox wasn't able to train as usual for quite some time thanks to Taylor taking out his knee. I'm not surprised to see him not wrestling 100% considering what he had to work with. Taylor is coming off more and more as a baby as time goes on. I hope when the new weights are released he ends up with dake again and misses another world team spot.

I know you are mad at Taylor, but I hope both he and Dake make the world team next year. Imagine this:

125: Gwiz/Gable

97/100: Snyder

90: Cox

85: Taylor

80: Dake

75: Burroughs

70: Green

65: Zain/Molinaro/somebody else

60: Stieber/Fix

55: Gilman/Spencer Lee

I'd put that team up against any team in the world. 

They both do. Taylor should not have tweeted that, and certainly not right after the match. He is sometimes a bit of a hot head. 

There was no need for Jackson to get involved like that. He is a national team coach. No need to get into Twitter arguments with our athletes. Sounds like something our president would do.

I think a national team coach is OK to support and defend the athletes on the team. Coaches are always bummed when the second team takes to the news to air their' problems with the first team guys. The coach usually tells them to shut up. 

I think a national team coach is OK to support and defend the athletes on the team. Coaches are always bummed when the second team takes to the news to air their' problems with the first team guys. The coach usually tells them to shut up. 

Publicly?

Also, DT is on the national team. A coach is publicly rebuking one of his athletes here. He should take the high road and reprimand him privately. 

For the record, I'm not defending DT here. While I agree with what he said, the timing was inappropriate. 

Edited by Housebuye

KJ is in the right and should put Taylor on blast publicly. Taylor is a senior level athlete. Not a cadet who doesn't know any better

Taylor has been a poor sport ever since he got beat by J'Den. Neither he nor Cael has apologized for their embarrassing outbursts and now Taylor is taking cheap shots at Cox from the sidelines.

I know you are mad at Taylor, but I hope both he and Dake make the world team next year. Imagine this:

125: Gwiz/Gable

97/100: Snyder

90: Cox

85: Taylor

80: Dake

75: Burroughs

70: Green

65: Zain/Molinaro/somebody else

60: Stieber/Fix

55: Gilman/Spencer Lee

I'd put that team up against any team in the world.

Is Stieber making 60 on one hour weigh ins?