MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

Is Stieber making 60 on one hour weigh ins?

Valid point. We don't even know if that will be the weight class. I know Stieber isn't going to hang it up anytime soon, unless he is forced to. He will try to make the team at 65 if he has to. 

Stieber vs Rutherford best of 3 for the spot would be neat

KJ is in the right and should put Taylor on blast publicly. Taylor is a senior level athlete. Not a cadet who doesn't know any better

Taylor has been a poor sport ever since he got beat by J'Den. Neither he nor Cael has apologized for their embarrassing outbursts and now Taylor is taking cheap shots at Cox from the sidelines.

Spot on.  Taylor's animated gif two hours ago is super revealing about his character.

Morning all. Stieber didn't look good or Rashidov is the man. We find out shortly as Rashidov takes on Georgia. Meanwhile Gilman slots a W which you gotta love.

LOOOL Rashidov is man doesn't matter even If logan was superman he would still lose!! Rashidov beat him so easy! He likes to eat NCAA champs! He took a two souls already! Cody's and Logan's! yeaaaaaaaaaaah! I call him get compete in NCAA 2018! Rashidov beat all in NCAA at 133 and 141 lbs! He will!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

In 1988 Dave Schultz lost in the Olympic trials to Kenny Monday after having represented the US from 1982 to 1987 (1982 at 82kg). What did he do? He went to Seoul and coached and when Monday won the gold he hoisted him in his shoulders and did a couple laps around the mat with a grin so wide you'd think it was he who won the Gold. That's classy. What Taylor tweeted was asinine.

LOOOL Rashidov is man doesn't matter even If logan was superman he would still lose!! Rashidov beat him so easy! He likes to eat NCAA champs! He took a two souls already! Cody's and Logan's! yeaaaaaaaaaaah! I call him get compete in NCAA 2018! Rashidov beat all in NCAA at 133 and 141 lbs! He will!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Rashidov is on a different planet at the moment. How does that dude make 61kg?

In 1988 Dave Schultz lost in the Olympic trials to Kenny Monday after having represented the US from 1982 to 1987 (1982 at 82kg). What did he do? He went to Seoul and coached and when Monday won the gold he hoisted him in his shoulders and did a couple laps around the mat with a grin so wide you'd think it was he who won the Gold. That's classy. What Taylor tweeted was asinine.

Difference is Schultz had already climbed the mountain. Taylor is still waiting his turn.

1) There is certainly the potential that the injury affected his training leading up to the WTT.  

2) I really like Taylor, but his comment is misplaced.  There is a lot of talk about how J'Den didn't wrestle much international and Taylor did.  The fact that J'Den focused folkstyle all year after the Olympics and has only 3 or 4 oversees competition, limited senior level training, and STILL beat Taylor, gift or not, says a lot about his potential.  When you look at it he is really just getting started and is going to continue improve.  I would say he is farther from his peak than Taylor.  So while I like Taylor, I wouldn't be to quick to think he will be on top next year.

3) I seem to remember Phil Wellington having a close match or two with J'Den and then speaking prematurely.  That didn't work out so well for Mr. Wellington.  I seem to remember him eating a table (Yea, I know J'Den got DQed), and then later getting dismantled  I'm not sure J'Den is the one you want to light a fire under.  

I hope they are actually separated in weights so they can both be on the World Team. 

I said before that Cox did not have a lot of room to improve. His size/length and athleticism make him a contender. Nothing rules out his getting on a run, pulling a Steiber and winning it all in any particular tournament. But bronze is always going to be his most likely result if he medals. Still being a medal contender is certainly nothing to sneeze at. 

Publicly?

Also, DT is on the national team. A coach is publicly rebuking one of his athletes here. He should take the high road and reprimand him privately. 

For the record, I'm not defending DT here. While I agree with what he said, the timing was inappropriate. 

Did he say anything negative?  Or did he in a completely positive way say to support the athletes.  It's the middle of a tournament we have an outside chance at winning and we have a national team member in DT attacking an athlete on Twitter before that athlete wrestles a medal match for his country.  

And the coach says support the athletes what they are doing is hard. 

And you come away upset at the coach?  Absurd.