MA_Wrestler

Men's freestyle, day 1

Totally different styles.

Yaz has to be the favorite, but it depends on how their matches go. If Yaz is tired, Cox will win

Yeah. It's incredibly hard to guess based on watching them. Yaz is just horsing guys but I've never seen Cox get horses by anyone. Yaz snaps and hand fights and tires people out but I don't see that happening to Cox.

They are starting all quarter matches at same time of the same weight. Same will happen with semis. Rus vs Geo they just showed on mat 3 scoreboard so I would assume it will be there.

Kor vs Rus at 86 - They never started the clock. KOR never tried to defend in anyway assuming due to the 2-3 seconds left making it impossible to score enough. Rus got TD and turn for 4 to go ahead. Kor challenged and it was upheld. I'm assuming they never looked at the clock or didn't care when reviewing because it was blatantly obvious in the arena.

Phew. Cox wins 9-6. The thing is he was in jeopardy there with the Fin. That trapped arm gut was tight.

Very tight. I'm not sure how the Fin didn't finish that one off. He still had that arm tucked tight for about 7-8 seconds after the first two turns. Poor execution.

The UWW database shows Gilman's semis opponent as Safarov from UZB. He took second in the Schultz earlier this year and lost to Graf in the finals. He hasn't actually won a tournament in a long time.

It is a winnable match for Gilman. All 3 of our guys have winnable matches in the quarters