Sign in to follow this  
gowrestle

Cox Lost

When he starts going 0 and 1 or 1 and 1 at international tournaments I'll worry. When you are brining back a Bronze at a World Championship that's an accomplishment. Since Cox isn't a multi-time World Champion then that's an expected accomplishment. When you are against the worlds best in a random draw tournament you are going to loss occasionally. Sometimes you lose before the finals and sometimes it even to a person you had previously beat. If anything I'd say it's a game plan thing more than anything else. That guy had a better one to nullify Cox and JC didn't have a good enough one to find scoring oppertunities. Athleticism can't always find a way against guys who are stellar at shutting you down.

Edited by MadMardigain

I love Cox (don't quote me on that)

He did not perform to his best. Even in the matches he won, he gave up points he shouldn't have. I'm comparing Cox today to olympic Cox. Olympic Cox would tech today's Cox.

Obviously he is incredible. A bronze is super impressive! Almost losing to Heino? Not impressive.

I love Cox (don't quote me on that)

He did not perform to his best. Even in the matches he won, he gave up points he shouldn't have. I'm comparing Cox today to olympic Cox. Olympic Cox would tech today's Cox.

Obviously he is incredible. A bronze is super impressive! Almost losing to Heino? Not impressive.

Surely you don't think you can penalize someone for "almost losing"... But if you can, does the same logic apply to almost winning? Cause I almost won the lottery the other day, so what do you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely you don't think you can penalize someone for "almost losing"... But if you can, does the same logic apply to almost winning? Cause I almost won the lottery the other day, so what do you say?

Of course you can judge a performance based on how try perform.

Do you think that Olympic Cox would've lost to Slovenia?

Of course you can judge a performance based on how try perform.

Do you think that Olympic Cox would've lost to Slovenia?

Anythings possible!

It's hard to say. I didn't think Olympic Cox was gonna lose in the semis last year, so I'm not sure if my opinion carries much value.

In J'den's post match interviews, he admitted he didn't wrestle as well as he would have liked to the whole tournament. And he still won bronze.

Taylor's now infamous tweet insinuated that J'den didnt show any heart in his loss. He got out of position and thrown to his back but fought out of it. That is heart. He didnt appear to have enough gas left to complete another comeback against an opponent protecting a lead (but didn't throw a fit when he lost). The fact that he spent most of the last couple of months rehabbing may have had something to do with it. I guarantee he'd love to have that match back, because he knows he could win it. Regardless, he is an excellent representative for our country.

When a 22 year old wins back to back world/olympic bronze medals and people complain, you know Snyder has spoiled us.

Edited by Crotalus