• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Buckxell

Buckxell

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:34 AM

Turning into the villain from his Twitter comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Buckxell, 25 August 2017 - 01:36 AM.

#2 Housebuye

Housebuye

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,686 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:36 AM

He has always been emotional. Everything he said was correct, but he should've waited until after the event at the very least I think. 

#3 Fishhook

Fishhook

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

He has always been emotional. Everything he said was correct, but he should've waited until after the event at the very least I think. 

He didnt say it. He posted it for the world to know what he thinks about it. The world is now responding back.  

#4 brickhousey

brickhousey

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:41 AM

"Makes me sick" was poor choice of words.

Why couldn't he have said "man I wish cox would've turned it on before the last minute".
  • Jasonmitchell32 and BigTenFanboy like this

#5 Konquest

Konquest
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

I was watching this AM with some people and everyone said exactly what Taylor did.  That being said, Taylor should not have been the one who said it out loud, publically.

#6 NJWC

NJWC

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

What's your favorite college team?

#7 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

I was watching this AM with some people and everyone said exactly what Taylor did.  That being said, Taylor should not have been the one who said it out loud, publically.

He should not have said it but I was thinking it myself. 

Edited by PRyan2012, 25 August 2017 - 02:02 AM.

• Konquest likes this

#8 Lurker

Lurker

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

I don't understand why DT shouldn't have said it, according to all the couch champions who come on here and twitter and say a hell of a lot worse all the time. DT is in there grinding out, sees this guy up close and personal, trains with him, helps him prepare, and because of that loses his right to voice his opinion? Seriously?

Bravo to DT for saying what (seemingly) everyone was thinking and many others were saying as well. No problem here with it whatsoever.

Edited by Lurker, 25 August 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#9 pjm46

pjm46

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

Gilman has made a World team and now has a medal

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  • Witherman, wrestlingphish, GranbyTroll and 1 other like this

#10 Perry

Perry

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:17 AM

Gilman > Taylor
  • cjc007, Witherman, wrestlingphish and 1 other like this

#11 Witherman

Witherman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

good to see coach jackson calling him out.

i really like DT and love the way he wrestles, but unfortunately this is a pretty bad look for him at the moment and the comments show it.

• cjc007 likes this

#12 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:30 AM

I'm a big David Taylor fan, but that tweet was beyond idiotic. He's a member of our senior national team and is publicly throwing shade at his own teammate. How petty and disrespectful is that? This is how people lose fan support and sponsors.
  • Jasonmitchell32 likes this

#13 WildTurkey44

WildTurkey44

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

Crazy the turn of events! Gilman is my hero! Wins a senior level freestyle medal his first time out! What a stud

#14 cjc007

cjc007

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:39 AM

I'm a big David Taylor fan, but that tweet was beyond idiotic. He's a member of our senior national team and is publicly throwing shade at his own teammate. How petty and disrespectful is that? This is how people lose fan support and sponsors.

He's always been an entitled young man. That's why I'm not surprised by his childish remarks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#15 BigTimeFan

BigTimeFan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:53 AM

In addition to the other comments, let's face it. The reason DT's comment is so annoying is because it screams sour grapes. And that's the difference. If I call it asinine or Pamela calls it idiotic we are fans and not in the game. DT is sending a differentt message. He's saying he and not Cox should be there.

#16 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:54 AM

He also has this habit of tweeting up a storm before competitions but going silent for weeks after a loss to avoid comments just like the one he made about J'Den. Been doing it since college. DT knows how hurtful it is to hear stuff like that, so why do it?

#17 vhsalum

vhsalum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:59 AM

Exact opposite actually.  He'll gain more fans and sponsors if he continues down this route of full heel.  I like it.  He only said what we were ALL thinking.

#18 TBar1977

TBar1977

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 11,108 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:01 AM

Exact opposite actually.  He'll gain more fans and sponsors if he continues down this route of full heel.  I like it.  He only said what we were ALL thinking.

We were all thinking it, but it should not have been DT throwing the shade. Plenty of others would have done it anyway. 

• Buckxell likes this

I have set aside funds to have six Green Bay Packers be my pall bearers, that way they can let me down one final time. 

#19 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:05 AM

Taylor's peers are not happy with his comments and many are rightfully calling him out on it.

Seems to me the golden boy just lost a little shine.

#20 mwbrink

mwbrink
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

Wondering how DT's peers responded when he ran into Bubba Jenkins? 

*https://youtu.be/NszoQY_cVTs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users