Buckxell

Magic man taking over Gilman role

I agree.  Taylor made one mistake and then acted like a man and apologized for it.  It's time to move on.

I missed the part where he "apologized" for his and his Cael's behavior in Lincoln, or any subsequent activity on social media.

I don't dislike David but if he has no desire to apologize for anything he has done, he shouldn't.

A disingenuous  apology is far worse than NO apology.

He behaved like a 10 year old after losing to cox, and the tweet shows he's still sore.

What did Gilman do that would lead you to make this statement?

You obviously do not live in reality.

Gillman's adolescent, provincial, and boring tough-guy antics for the last five years speak for themselves.

DT has wrestled and performed with utter class for over 15 years.... Seldom a bad word or childish behavior.  So he was extremely upset after VERY questionable calls to make the World team, and then Tweet -- ONE tweet at the Worlds (That some people actually agree with).

We have tape after tape after tape with sophomoric Gilman showing his lack of class, displaying  juvenile and puerile behavior.  

Just let it go with DT.  Gee, you guys must have A LOT of free time on your hands.

Gillman's adolescent, provincial, and boring tough-guy antics for the last five years speak for themselves.

DT has wrestled and performed with utter class for over 15 years.... Seldom a bad word or childish behavior. So he was extremely upset after VERY questionable calls to make the World team, and then Tweet -- ONE tweet at the Worlds (That some people actually agree with).

We have tape after tape after tape with sophomoric Gilman showing his lack of class, displaying juvenile and puerile behavior.

Just let it go with DT. Gee, you guys must have A LOT of free time on your hands.

He's always been a showboat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DT has wrestled and performed with utter class for over 15 years.... Seldom a bad word or childish behavior.  So he was extremely upset after VERY questionable calls to make the World team, and then Tweet -- ONE tweet at the Worlds (That some people actually agree with).

We have tape after tape after tape with sophomoric Gilman showing his lack of class, displaying  juvenile and puerile behavior.  

Just let it go with DT.  Gee, you guys must have A LOT of free time on your hands.

Dave/Kathy is that you?

Yes, for the most part DT has acted with great class.  Also, for the most part, DT has won throughout his career.

When he lost in WTT, he threw a fit then proceeded to post on social media about it (I never saw an apology for this, only a video of him after a hike still complaining about things) .

Then, when he see's Cox perform at WC's he takes to twitter, gets called out by a large number of his peers (including those that are MUCH more accomplished) and still no apologies from DT.

I'd say instead of "look at his past character" we are rather seeing his TRUE character.  The true character that comes out in people when the going gets tough.  The character in a person that matters.  And from what I see, that character in DT is an entitled, immature athlete that has been used to winning his entire career and now that he's facing some adversity he is lashing out.

Dave/Kathy is that you?

Yes, for the most part DT has acted with great class.  Also, for the most part, DT has won throughout his career.

When he lost in WTT, he threw a fit then proceeded to post on social media about it (I never saw an apology for this, only a video of him after a hike still complaining about things) .

Then, when he see's Cox perform at WC's he takes to twitter, gets called out by a large number of his peers (including those that are MUCH more accomplished) and still no apologies from DT.

I'd say instead of "look at his past character" we are rather seeing his TRUE character.  The true character that comes out in people when the going gets tough.  The character in a person that matters.  And from what I see, that character in DT is an entitled, immature athlete that has been used to winning his entire career and now that he's facing some adversity he is lashing out.

I certainly don't disagree with your post or your last paragraph but at the same time I don't think its right to throw him under the bus just yet due to his past character. If someone want to call him a fake and a phony that's up to that individual, but its not like hes been exactly owning the field even on US soil. DT is obviously struggling with not accomplishing what he has been training for and its clearly getting to him. For the most part he has been respectful and tactful, but everyone can have a flair up moments. We have to remember they're human beings. This season obviously had been a disappointing one for him. Hes dedicated his life to becoming an Olympic and World Champion and so far he hasn't even had made it on a World Team. Its a tough pill for him to swallow and many will say he should just "suck it up" which is a whole lot easier said than done.

People who say hes acting "entitled" don't know the meaning of the word. "Entitlement" is when you don't do anything and expect things to just fall into your lap. These athletes train insanely hard to accomplish their goals. When they fall short they are disappointed because they didn't live up to their own expectations. That's not entitlement. With that said he's still a public figure within the wrestling community and should absolutely not have made the tweets he did. It was absolutely poor judgement on his part, probably an emotional action and it should not have happened.

I missed the part where he "apologized" for his and his Cael's behavior in Lincoln, or any subsequent activity on social media.

I don't dislike David but if he has no desire to apologize for anything he has done, he shouldn't.

A disingenuous  apology is far worse than NO apology.

I think his apology came right after he congratulated Cox on his medal.

I'm not looking to stake out any position on Taylor's character one way or another.  I love to watch him wrestle, and definitely thought he deserved the rubbing he got on Twitter after that comment.  That said, you can surely be displaying an attitude of "entitlement" by believing that you deserve to win just because you believed you worked harder or are technically superior to your opponent(s).  You still have to, you know, win.  Just because you work your ass off doesn't mean you can't act entitled. 

I'm not looking to stake out any position on Taylor's character one way or another.  I love to watch him wrestle, and definitely thought he deserved the rubbing he got on Twitter after that comment.  That said, you can surely be displaying an attitude of "entitlement" by believing that you deserve to win just because you believed you worked harder or are technically superior to your opponent(s).  You still have to, you know, win.  Just because you work your ass off doesn't mean you can't act entitled. 

exactly what I was going to say.

Dave/Kathy is that you?

Yes... this is Dave and his alter ego Kathy.  Caught me. You must be a real detective. 

this is the illusion of making a point. No one is saying he can't, its just not a good thing, which everyone knows. 

this is the illusion of making a point. No one is saying he can't, its just not a good thing, which everyone knows. 

People who say hes acting "entitled" don't know the meaning of the word. "Entitlement" is when you don't do anything and expect things to just fall into your lap. These athletes train insanely hard to accomplish their goals. When they fall short they are disappointed because they didn't live up to their own expectations. That's not entitlement.

#illusion

Edited by GoNotQuietly