• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#41 meluvwrestling

meluvwrestling

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:36 AM

What you or I say as fans has virtually no impact.

DT is representing USA wrestling. They should outwardly show support for each other.

Completely different scenarios

You're assuming that these athletes don't follow message boards and we all know that's not the case.

#42 straggler

straggler

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

Did he win the second bronze or the first? 

Edited by straggler, 25 August 2017 - 06:37 AM.

#43 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:38 AM

Stieber exemplar tweet

RqKvX5h.png?1

• TheOhioState, silver-medal, Coach_J and 9 others like this

#44 pamela

pamela

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

duplicate

Edited by pamela, 25 August 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#45 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

I'm assuming its been said, but in addition to being in poor taste, Taylors tweet was completely off base. Cox wrestled his style and stuck to it, he's not great in a deficit. 

I hope taylor takes the time to compliment Gilman's late match efforts.

#46 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,648 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

DT still feeling the sting of the WTT match and was wearing his heart on his sleeve a little much in the tweet. Legit comment maybe. One several people felt and said sure. One anothet top USA wrestler needed posted on twitter for the world to comment on probably not. But trying to live through Cox and knowing he could have been there in that position likely causes a little more surly tweet than if the background would have been different.

#47 wrestlingphish

wrestlingphish

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

Apparently DT has been whining about the WTT matches when he is a clinician at camps too. doesn't seem like he's doing a very good job of moving on.

#48 headshuck

headshuck

Hall of Fame Member

• Members
  • 15,714 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

He could follow Hillary's lead and write a book titled "What Happened."
  • Grecojones, cjc007, Eagle26 and 4 others like this

#49 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

He only said what we were ALL thinking.

Truthfully, I didn't think that at all.

• silver-medal, Coach_J, MSU158 and 3 others like this

#50 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Truthfully, I didn't think that at all.

Did you watch the match live?  It was absolutely brutal. I really hope the performance was due to some combination of: Injuries impacting his preparation, having his mind on football instead of training, and having gone through a brutal folkstyle season/being burned out.  I hope Taylor's tweet lit a fire in him though..Would love to see him get some experience at some top world tournaments this upcoming year.  

#51 Tofurky

Tofurky

Gold Member

• Members
  • 4,061 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Did you watch the match live?  It was absolutely brutal. I really hope the performance was due to some combination of: Injuries impacting his preparation, having his mind on football instead of training, and having gone through a brutal folkstyle season/being burned out.  I hope Taylor's tweet lit a fire in him though..Would love to see him get some experience at some top world tournaments this upcoming year.  

I did not, but these guys don't make it to the semis without a combination of a lot of skill and a good amount of luck. For most guys, it's a toss. Haven't we already learned this with wrestling over and over and over again?

#52 Billyhoyle

Billyhoyle

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

I did not, but these guys don't make it to the semis without a combination of a lot of skill and a good amount of luck. For most guys, it's a toss. Haven't we already learned this with wrestling over and over and over again?

With the way the brackets are drawn, the best wrestlers don't always make the semis.  Taylor's comment was in poor taste, but it was 100% accurate. That draw was a gift, and he had no business losing to that guy in the semis. Cox wasn't the same wrestler as he was last year in the semis match...Rio Cox wins comfortably (obviously a close score, but in control the entire time).  He also almost got teched in his quarters match to the Campbell wrestler from Finland before outclassing him.  

#53 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,648 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Apparently DT has been whining about the WTT matches when he is a clinician at camps too. doesn't seem like he's doing a very good job of moving on.

Fine line between whining about it and giving his view on it when asked a question. I don't see him going out of his way to make sure everyone hears his sob story, but if asked I'm sure he's not going to sugar coat his view on it.

#54 Hubbard

Hubbard

Gold Member

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, that was weird.

Turned heel for a sec there.

#55 Jasonmitchell32

Jasonmitchell32

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

I've got a feeling DTbisngonna get a talkin' to by some higher ups....

Not sure if anyone else posted this (I scrolled fast....) but Gadsen threw some serious SHADE his way

(Ok - my nephews are trying to teach me the correct way to use that - I have no clue if I did it right)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#56 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:24 AM

Fine line between whining about it and giving his view on it when asked a question. I don't see him going out of his way to make sure everyone hears his sob story, but if asked I'm sure he's not going to sugar coat his view on it.

He went out of his way to say something today, and you don't have to be freud to know his motivation.

#57 Buckxell

Buckxell

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

That actually sounds troubling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#58 hammerlockthree

hammerlockthree

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

That actually sounds troubling.

taylor has had some brutal losses, even going back to high school, it was different after the trials. 

#59 tbert

tbert

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

Taylors comment ranks right up there with Dake's "what an idiot".
Maybe a self fullfilling prophecy by Taylor when implying zaddick may of wanted cox instead of him.. Jden certainly a better team mate.

Has he retracted any of his tweet?
MAGA!

#60 nyum

nyum

Bronze Member

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

Taylors comment ranks right up there with Dake's "what an idiot".
Maybe a self fullfilling prophecy by Taylor when implying zaddick may of wanted cox instead of him.. Jden certainly a better team mate.

Has he retracted any of his tweet?

Hey I somehow missed the Dake comment. Could you expound on the context? Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users